• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there are two choices with the 4092, 1730 and I think 1450. I was thinking 1730.

Are you planning to run 4s or 6s?

If you are running 4s you may even want a bigger pinion than those like an 18t. 1730KV on 4s (w/out a load and at full charge) has an RPM of approximately 25,604rpm. I run a 1900 on 4s (thats roughly 28,120rpm) with a 17t pinion to get me where I want to be.

If you go with 6s on that motor then you will have an approximate RPM of 38,406rpm that is about 36% faster and you will then probably want the smallest pinion you got like the 15t.

Last edited:
Are you planning to run 4s or 6s?

If you are running 4s you may even want a bigger pinion than those like an 18t. 1730KV on 4s (w/out a load and at full charge) has an RPM of approximately 25,604rpm. I run a 1900 on 4s (thats roughly 28,120rpm) with a 17t pinion to get me where I want to be.

If you go with 6s on that motor then you will have an approximate RPM of 38,406rpm that is about 36% faster and you will then probably want the smallest pinion you got like the 15t.
Was planning on starting with 15 and using 6s.

I was also thinking of increasing the center diff fluid to 100k from stock. Thoughts?

Being I don't bash my cars really I wouldn't use that thick of an oil but for what you are doing it probably wont hurt. But if you really want to get an idea of what you like you gotta experiment and try different set ups. I am honestly still learning about setup and all the different affects you can achieve but the best way I have learned was to just try and see what the different fluids feel like. If you don't mind wrenching on your rig then it also just gives you more reason to do so...LOL.

Best advice I can say if you start experimenting is to only change one thing at a time, this way you know wether the change you did affects the cars performance the way you wanted or not. When you make more than one change at a time its anyone guess as to what may have caused what affect.

Just bought these from Mike!! Look awesome!!

C64897B2-5662-4532-8CC1-8BF9EB091164.jpeg

Being I don't bash my cars really I wouldn't use that thick of an oil but for what you are doing it probably wont hurt. But if you really want to get an idea of what you like you gotta experiment and try different set ups. I am honestly still learning about setup and all the different affects you can achieve but the best way I have learned was to just try and see what the different fluids feel like. If you don't mind wrenching on your rig then it also just gives you more reason to do so...LOL.

Best advice I can say if you start experimenting is to only change one thing at a time, this way you know wether the change you did affects the cars performance the way you wanted or not. When you make more than one change at a time its anyone guess as to what may have caused what affect.
Good advice! And I love wrenching! Hoping to have this thing up and running in a few weeks! I’m definitely going to run everything at stock first and adjust from there. I’ve got a few planned upgrades that I’m going to make over the next few months.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So between the max6 and the leopard 4092 I will need bullet connectors. I’ve never used them before. What is recommended? I’m guessing at least 5.5 to 6 mm in size for the 10 gauge wire?

Thinking something like these

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...nt-bullet-connector-set-cse095-0009-00/p34184
Those should be fine since that's bigger than most rtr systems come with. If you want to remove all doubts and get the biggest ones I've seen, get the 8mm ones for three doll hairs more.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...04qIjL5tR_3yL2FbW2B_ABslftZnBbYkaAqu1EALw_wcB

Nice! Did you already get your ESC?
Not yet! That is the last thing and it is out of stock at Amain. I’m waiting till next month to buy it anyways.

I still have two more tires to cut out and band with the braided line. I also won’t get my radio and receiver until my bday next month.

Servo mounted!

FB736529-4593-4117-9D97-B9BC0227CFD3.jpeg

I also purchased a used HW WiFi module.

Last edited:
So I just purchased the +2mm offset hex wheel hubs because when I tighten down the backflip wheels they make contact with the carriers. Found an awesome deal on dollarhobbies. Complete set with serrated nuts for $22.

mt410_wheel_nuts_6d18b88c-d200-4c19-8b54-9123725d87ea_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on the wheel hub set! Just picked one up! Love this forum!!

So I just purchased the +2mm offset hex wheel hubs because when I tighten down the backflip wheels they make contact with the carriers. Found an awesome deal on dollarhobbies. Complete set with serrated nuts for $22.

I wish we had this kind of supply in the UK, this would have cost me nearly £50 ($65) plus £3.50 postage! I paid £32 just for the 2mm offset hubs.

Build is looking good; I'll be interested to see how you get on with that motor.

I never checked my Backflips on my MT410. I should probably check this tonight when I get home and maybe order these so that I can install them before this weekend.

I never checked my Backflips on my MT410. I should probably check this tonight when I get home and maybe order these so that I can install them before this weekend.
Yeah I noticed it when I first put them on. I tightened them down pretty good and they would not spin freely. I’m hoping the +2mm offset will be enough.

Recent Popular Liked

Back