• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a huge difference in the max 6 vs the max 8 when running 6s? Unless I read incorrectly, the max 6 is 160 amp up to 8s, whereas the max 8 is 150 amps up to 6s.

Is there a huge difference in the max 6 vs the max 8 when running 6s? Unless I read incorrectly, the max 6 is 160 amp up to 8s, whereas the max 8 is 150 amps up to 6s.
I think it depends on what application you are running. If you are running regular can truggy motors then the max 8 is completely fine. I’m running much larger can motors which require more juice. My current motor is the leopard 4092 1730kv and I think I’m going to run the Poseidon P1527 next which is an 106mm can. The max8 might be able to run it but I think it’ll hit thermal quickly. This is a guess. I’ve not actually tried it.

It is in!

D79285EF-E853-44CF-85D8-619C5469C98F.jpeg

Why isn't it installed yet?! :D
So I have it installed but the body does not fit properly with the two machined pieces from Mike :(:(:(

I’m going to reach out to him and see if maybe he can design something that would allow me to mount it in the front by the front shock tower. I just ordered some .125 kydex and I’ll fashing something for now. I had to modify the body to get it to fit. Basically I had to cut a hole near the back side of the roof.

20A865EE-3CB4-4AFA-8862-F1F433A2465C.jpeg

I put the CC connector on the battery as well and made a charging lead.

52BBEEAF-655F-4890-BE7C-B456F0257F8E.jpeg

I don’t know fellows. I don’t know how I’m going to mount this thing in here. It is so big.

I'm thinking of returning the max6 and going with a mmx. Thoughts?

I reviewed @Overkill's thread and he is running large can motors on the MMX successfully.

Last edited:
Well I have spent the last 24 hours in a defeated state....

Max6 won’t fit....
I cut the bullets off the leopard and the wires won’t tin because they are freaking coated....
I destroyed my ET body thinking I could get the max6 to fit....

But on the positive side of things....

I’ve become a better solderer....
I learned about stupid coated wires....
You can run large can motors on the MMX....

I went ahead and ordered the Hobbystar 4092 1730kv motor because I don’t think I have the patients to remove the coating on the individual wires on the leopard to tin the wires. Unless someone else has any ideas....I couldn’t find anything on the internet other than removing the coating.

I did look at the Poseidon 1527 but I just can’t justify the $185 price tag. Maybe next year. I’m also tempted to run the Cordova but that is uber expensive. Especially for a motor.

My LHS carries the MMX so I’m going to swing by there tomorrow and pick one up I think and some 4mm bullet connectors for the icharger x6 so I can connect it to my power supply. I did order the R1 wurks 30x30x15 mm fan. It was on sale.

I will buy a new body. Haven’t decided if I want to go with the stock tekno, leadfinger, jconcepts, or The assassin. I really like the jconcepts finnisher but it says it is for NT and ET but if you look at it closely it has an area to cut out for the nitro engine. The others are just meh. Idk....I’ll run my destroyed one for now until I figure it out.

Sorry for the wall of text.... what a weekend...

Picked up the MMX today at my LHS

Started dremeling out the receiver area to mount the MMX. Definitely still using the M3 rear brace which means I’ll probably have to part ways with the esc mount. If this works out then I’ll post it up for sale in the appropriate forum.

I removed the small fan off the MMX and broke it already haha. The shroud is still intact and that is all that matters.

I’ll throw up some pictures later tonight.

Last edited:
Ok....got my new PS and icharger setup and going!

DE75F909-A625-464D-81FA-8D3AC8ADC7B0.jpeg

I did some modifying on the receiver section to fit the MMX. As of right now I’ll put the receiver on the other side. I’m going to use the existing screw hole to mount the antenna tube. Should be easy. I might have to remove some of the side plastic to slide the MMX up a bit. I just reviewed @Overkill’s and I believe that is what he did.
BDAE980C-ACBC-49EC-B96A-5D9CFA4B33E6.jpeg

Not sure when my T-Bone parts come in. The status still says unfulfilled on my account. Weird. I’ll have to reach out to them....

Last edited:
Not sure when my T-Bone parts come in. The status still says unfulfilled on my account. Weird. I’ll have to reach out to them....
Sadly this is a common complaint about T-Bone Racing. There are several others having the same issue over at ArrmaForum.

T-Bone Racing has told me in a PM that they are working to resolve the issues as quickly as they can. I hope for everyone's benefit they get everything back under control.

Might not hurt to send T-Bone Racing an email for a status update.

I spoke with Mike about a brace that holds the ESC over the servo area off of the steering plate, so we can fit the larger motors. Also the stock body has more room there so it should be able to fit bigger ESC's. He said if he has time he will make one. If you show interest then I am sure it would help.

Sadly this is a common complaint about T-Bone Racing. There are several others having the same issue over at ArrmaForum.

T-Bone Racing has told me in a PM that they are working to resolve the issues as quickly as they can. I hope for everyone's benefit they get everything back under control.

Might not hurt to send T-Bone Racing an email for a status update.
Sent them a message. They responded and said they are working on it!

Just got a message saying it was shipped today!

Last edited:
I spoke with Mike about a brace that holds the ESC over the servo area off of the steering plate, so we can fit the larger motors. Also the stock body has more room there so it should be able to fit bigger ESC's. He said if he has time he will make one. If you show interest then I am sure it would help.

That would work! How is it working with where you put it? I imagine you had to modify the body?

That would work! How is it working with where you put it? I imagine you had to modify the body?

You can see the ESC in the back corner. To not have to modify the body it has to hang off the ESC plate 50% and I have just Zip tied and Velcrod it to the rear brace. One zip tie on the plate and the other to the rear brace. I also had to order 3" longer motor wires for this location. Kind of lame it doesn't really work. That's why I contacted MMM Mike in Germany for a better solution.

If I wanted to use the M2C ESC mount on top off the center differential I would have to have a different body. For an MT410 this would not be an issue. Their MT bodies will fit it almost anywhere, but the wires for longer can motors still might not make it. My 4274 motor has the same length wires as the 4092. This puts the wires 20mm further from the ESC.

I really thing if Mike could come up with a plate that bolts to the steering brace and holds the ESC above the servo we will be able to fit nearly any motor with fans mounted and it keeps the weight in the similar spot as the stock configuration.

I'm out traveling for work this week and I usually search for LHS around me. I stopped by Hobby Hanger last night and picked up a few more pinion gears, 100k diff oil, and the Castle Creations B-link. The folks there were super helpful!

Connected everything together last night and powered the beast up! I had to set both the steering and throttle to reverse on my 3PV. Which is typical with Futaba radios. I still have to calibrate the esc. Reverse speed is faster than forward.

However, if I just barely give it throttle the pinion will spin the spur gear and the tires won’t spin. So not sure what is going on there. I’ll have to investigate more.

My savox servo is super noisy. I need to set the epa on it next. I’m new to the digital servos and not sure if that is the way they typically sound.

I still need to mount my receiver and cleanup the wiring. Hopefully I’ll get to that tonight. I think I might ground out the left side to mount a receiver box. The Traxxas one will probably be awesome as much as I hate Traxxas.

Last edited:
The Traxxas receiver box will probably fit in the throttle servo area.

I am interested to see if you can get it bolted in and looking nice.

The Max6 will fit in the area your MMX is at. It may hang over the chassis a tiny bit.

Recent Popular Liked

Back