• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slevin

Ummm Yeah!
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
So I just purchased the Tekno ET48.3 kit. I’m pretty excited. It will be a long process. I’m hoping by end of year I’ll have everything to get it running. Maybe sooner.

Along with the kit, I purchased the Arrma Dboot Backflip tires/wheels and the Tekno shock tool.

I’ll be painting the body gun metal.

Everything is set to arrive on July 9th which sucks because I will be out of town that week for work. That following weekend I will be hiding in the basement building this thing.

I’m still a bit undecided on electronics but I’m leaning toward Hobbywing but I’m open to suggestions. I want to run 6s in this rig.

Last edited:
If you’re running 6s I’d recommend finding an alternative location for the esc ...and run a long can motor. I use the Castle Creations Mamba Monster X for an esc in many trucks and I’m very happy with it. I’ve got several long can motors from TP POWER, HobbyStar and Leopard all in the 1650kv to 1730kv range. I’ve personally am most impressed with the Leopard 1730kv....but many others have had bad luck with the Leopard motors.
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...otor-for-1-8-scale-lightweight-1-5-scale.html

Thanks Chainsaw! What’s the advantage of the longer can motors? More power? Stays cooler? I will definitely look at all of those. I was also considering the MMX. I’ve got some time before I pull the trigger on electronics.

I was thinking of getting 1/4 kydex and making a shelf for the esc. Are there any tried and true options already available? I know the one from Michael but I think that was/is fashioned for a max6. I certainly don’t know a machinist that can fashion anything around my area.

Thanks Chainsaw! What’s the advantage of the longer can motors? More power? Stays cooler? I will definitely look at all of those. I was also considering the MMX. I’ve got some time before I pull the trigger on electronics.

I was thinking of getting 1/4 kydex and making a shelf for the esc. Are there any tried and true options already available? I know the one from Michael but I think that was/is fashioned for a max6. I certainly don’t know a machinist that can fashion anything around my area.

It will work for the MMX as well. The reason it is said to be made for the Max6 is the Max6 has mounting holes on the bottom. MMX does not, you can take a piece of plastic and use the holes in the mount to fasten a plastic made esc plate.

Looking forward to watching you progress. Got my ET as a roller and wishing I'd bought it new as a kit.

edit...Michael is also making a brace that runs from the center diff to the rear shock tower. A esc will also be able to mount here. I seen a prototype, if I find it I'll post the picture.

My main reason for big motors is keeping temps down. I often get the big motors too hot sometimes on 4s and 5s....let alone 6s. Especially in the heat of summer.

It will work for the MMX as well. The reason it is said to be made for the Max6 is the Max6 has mounting holes on the bottom. MMX does not, you can take a piece of plastic and use the holes in the mount to fasten a plastic made esc plate.

Looking forward to watching you progress. Got my ET as a roller and wishing I'd bought it new as a kit.

edit...Michael is also making a brace that runs from the center diff to the rear shock tower. A esc will also be able to mount here. I seen a prototype, if I find it I'll post the picture.

If you find pictures, please post them. I’m interested in something like that. Otherwise I’ll go the kydex route. I want to be able to mounts fans on the motor so I wouldn’t necessarily want a mount covering the motor. Fortunately I live in Wisconsin so the heat here doesn’t last long.

@Slevin material has been ordered and he will begin making them this month. he also is designing for the MT/EB/SCT as well.

36528650_2499916066701175_6106841967562326016_n.png

Last edited:
Good choice on the Backflips. I can’t recommend them enough. I run them on my ET and Kraton and they have been great. You can really hear them ripping the grass on 6S.

+1 on the MMX as well. It’s been great so far but if you don’t mind a bit of modification I would go for the Max6 and large can motor. You won’t need to worry about temps as much. I may go that route looking at that new plate. His craftsmanship is on a Tool Makers level.

I’m still undecided on esc. I’ve got time to choose though. I was also thinking of going with the max6. We’ll see...

His esc for the max6 is really nice but can you use motor fans if you use the mount?

I’m still undecided on esc. I’ve got time to choose though. I was also thinking of going with the max6. We’ll see...

His esc for the max6 is really nice but can you use motor fans if you use the mount?

You can, but will need spacers to lift the mount up. I get my spacers from https://www.aluminumspacers.com/ they ship out the next day.

Depending on the can choice you may not even need motor fans. I recently picked up a Xo-1 motor (Castle 1717 can) and I do not need a fan. So far the hottest I have seen was 186 and I dogged it hard to get that temp. Also have them ceramic bearings on my bench waiting to be installed. That should knock 10 degrees off, if not more.

New tool for the build came in today! My 3PV should be in tomorrow. The kit and tires come in on Monday but I won’t be here this week :(

Attachments

• 07D98F5C-D846-448D-AE04-61D330F7FD9E.jpeg
    07D98F5C-D846-448D-AE04-61D330F7FD9E.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 425
It's always exciting when parts start to arrive. Where were you able to find the Futaba 3PV system?
Oh yeah! My kit and tires were delivered to my local UPS store. I’ll pick them up on Saturday.

As for the 3PV, I posted a wanted ad I rctech.net looking for one. One of the guys picked up a new one from a local shop and didn’t need it anymore and messaged me. Sold it to be for cheaper than new and it’s new! So good deal!

Oh yeah! My kit and tires were delivered to my local UPS store. I’ll pick them up on Saturday.

As for the 3PV, I posted a wanted ad I rctech.net looking for one. One of the guys picked up a new one from a local shop and didn’t need it anymore and messaged me. Sold it to be for cheaper than new and it’s new! So good deal!
Nice. You can't complain about that at all. I was going to say I have been looking for a 3PV for a little while and can't find one anywhere.

New tool for the build came in today! My 3PV should be in tomorrow. The kit and tires come in on Monday but I won’t be here this week :(
Used the shock tool on my build. It was more useful than I thought. Especially With all the ball ends in the build.

Recent Popular Liked

Back