• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Truggy body on MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_joe

Reaction score
Is there a way to fit a shortened Tekno truggy body on the MT410? What would I need to get it to fit?

I've seen pictures of it being done with the shorter buggy arms, but can't find any parts lists for what's needed

1700727363207.png

Last edited:
I just put an EB48 body on my MT410, the primary issues with fitting a body on the MT410 is

A) The shock towers are different. for the truggy, the shock towers are what the body mounts connect to. Without making custom parts, you probably want to buy the truggy shock towers. Mounting an EB48 body this is not a problem because I mounted the body with velcro.

B) the steering clearance seems to have changed a lot between generations so depending on which gen the body is for you'll need to do extra trimming.

Or indeed a non tekno Truggy buggy body that can be decaled up. Like a Kraton 4s ?
That's a good idea. I might get away with using the MT stock shock towers
I just put an EB48 body on my MT410, the primary issues with fitting a body on the MT410 is

A) The shock towers are different. for the truggy, the shock towers are what the body mounts connect to. Without making custom parts, you probably want to buy the truggy shock towers. Mounting an EB48 body this is not a problem because I mounted the body with velcro.

B) the steering clearance seems to have changed a lot between generations so depending on which gen the body is for you'll need to do extra trimming.
Ah thanks I didn't realise I'd need the truggy towers too. I may just get an ET48 2.0 and leave the MT stock 🤔

I went a little ghetto but didn’t need any additional parts. Jconcepts Mugen MBX7TR Finnisher body, and I cut out some of the bed. The rear side fins fit under the shock towers and basically lock in covering the shock caps so I just use two body pins in the front.

View attachment 9993
That looks class, and is exactly the look i'm after. Is that the low profile wing mount TKR5181?

That paint job is stellar, I can just about manage single colours :D

That looks class, and is exactly the look i'm after. Is that the low profile wing mount TKR5181?

That paint job is stellar, I can just about manage single colours :D
Thanks, dude! Yeah, it’s the TKR5181 paired with a generic 1/8 wing from Amazon.

This body was all rattle cans including the sparkle (Tamiya Lame Flake). I used dish soap for the white streaking pattern by laying down streaks of soap before painting, letting the paint dry, then washing off the soap and painting white where it was. It was an experiment that kinda failed but I liked the result for sure.

I forgot to ask, any pics of your build? Be interested in seeing how the buggy body looks on the MT

I forgot to ask, any pics of your build? Be interested in seeing how the buggy body looks on the MT
Yeah let me take some when I get home. It's kinda a frankenbuild, chassis I bought used and has the T-Bone bumpers and some M2C parts, and no wing, but I think the buggy body looks fine if a little strange to see alongside Backflip LPs.

Recent Popular Liked

Back