• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Just completely rebuilt the truggy. Glad I did, since a few things were not right from the previous owner. No big deal though. Just one issue after th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Egorr

Reaction score
Just completely rebuilt the truggy. Glad I did, since a few things were not right from the previous owner. No big deal though. Just one issue after the rebuild and a bunch of laps on the track. The center diff is spraying a little fluid. It doesn't leak when not in motion, just under power. Wondering if I over filled it or do I need to replace the o-rings? Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

It's always a good idea to go over a used RC. Like you, I always found something wrong, or something missing when tearing down to inspect things... drives me up the wall, and why I don't normally buy used RCs.

If I were rebuilding diffs that came from previous unknown owner, I'd use new gaskets for sure. I'd probably use new o-rings as well to be on the safe side. I'm sure you do it, but when sealing up a diff, snugging down the screws in a crisscross pattern is needed to insure pressure is equal around the entire gasket. For new diff housings I always pre tap the virgin plastic screw holes so I can tell when screws bottom out easier.

Thanks for the input. And, yes I agree whole hearted, at a complete teardown of a used kit. Amazing how people can not follow basic instructions. Simple things not done right, threadlock on one side and none on the other side, and other things like that. This particular issue is on the bottom end of the diff. The gasket was good. The other end leaks only a small amount at speed. Guess I need to replace the o-ring..

Recent Popular Liked

Back