• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 EB48 2.1 vs Xray XB8E (Current Gen, weight, suitability for truggy tires)1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwess1234

Reaction score
I’m building up a 1/8 buggy with truggy/truck tires for grass and just driving around (no jumping).

I narrowed down to EB48 2.1 vs Xray XB8E. What do people think as between these two. I do want a light build. My only hesitation with the X-ray is being forced to run 2, 2s saddle packs. Just a slight inconvenience.

Thanks for any input.

it would be a lot more cost effective to simply buy the MT410 which is based on the EB48.3 buggy chassis and has the truggy arms/shafts which are necessary to fit truggy wheels on a buggy chassis.

You can do this with any buggy platform, here's an example of a HongNor Ravager (buggy) chassis with Mutilator (truggy) arms to fit large truck tires on the buggy though it would've been far less expensive if I bought the MT410:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...1-CONVERSION-HongNor-Ravager-to-Monster-Truck

1692546688970.png

Thanks for your input on the MT410. I initially strayed away from it as I was looking to be smaller than the Arrma Kraton 4s, which was too big and heavy. My thought was to take one of the 1/8 buggies, put axle extenders for the bigger tire/wheels.

It looks like the wheelbase is the same for the two models, just longer body and much wider for the MT410.

Would you advise against the buggy route?

CarWeelbaseWb mmLengthL mmWidth W mmApprox Lbs
AE MT1011.2228519.9650812.83256.25
Kraton 4s1435521.554717.74509.25
Tekno EB4812.233517.143512.23107.5
Xray XB8E3303107.7
Tekno MT41013.233520.853016.54208.3

it would be a lot more cost effective to simply buy the MT410 which is based on the EB48.3 buggy chassis and has the truggy arms/shafts which are necessary to fit truggy wheels on a buggy chassis.

You can do this with any buggy platform, here's an example of a HongNor Ravager (buggy) chassis with Mutilator (truggy) arms to fit large truck tires on the buggy though it would've been far less expensive if I bought the MT410:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...1-CONVERSION-HongNor-Ravager-to-Monster-Truck

I stand corrected, there are 30mm extenders with a working example posted here, I do have concerns that as the front tires balloon on power, they will shred the body, while it will technically work, it's a half baked solution and wouldn't recommend it unless you don't mind the tires getting all torn up along with going through bodies and other excessive wear :(

https://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=15663643&postcount=5

1692583035504.png

Thanks, Bill! Better that I know that now.

I guess that means I should be reopening the mt410, some other 1/10 trucks, and 1/8 truggies. I was struggling to find something that would be under the 7.5 pound built-up mark....

All I can say is that the MT410 is the current King of all bashers on the market today, nothing else comes close in terms of durability and very low long term maintenance costs.

When you go down to the 1/10 MT's then you get lighter weight plastics, smaller diameter shafts/hubs, etc and then you start to break parts faster.

If you want peace of mind and to spend more time playing than wrenching, then my vote is for the MT410

That's not to say you won't break the MT410, it's just phenomenally more durable than anything else:

Thanks, both! Looks like 1/8 truggy or MT410. Seems fairly discounted too (I wonder if anything new is coming?)

How much adjustability do you have to lower the MT410 chassis a bit if you're looking for handling?

Thanks, both! Looks like 1/8 truggy or MT410. Seems fairly discounted too (I wonder if anything new is coming?)

How much adjustability do you have to lower the MT410 chassis a bit if you're looking for handling?
The MT410 chassis sits more or less at the same height the ET48.3 used to sit, since it’s reusing the same arms. So it naturally has a more racing stance than other monster trucks.

Here's a video of a MT410 that I rebuilt for a customer who bought it used sight unseen and shipped it to me. I went through it and replaced all worn parts and new electronics then did a test and tune for him at the track. This was my first and only test drive of the truck before I shipped it back. Towards the end of the clip is when I got a little more daring by doing back flips on the jumps. Get the MT410 if you want to do lots of wheelies and back flips, get the ET48 if you want more stability.

The MT410 is based on the dated .3 design, nothing wrong with that, TEKNO supports legacy vehicles with parts indefinitely. If you want to get into club racing if there's a track in your area, then get the ET48 which is the current 2.0 design. I would not be surprised if they replace the .3 with an MT410 2.1 but expect that version to be just as expensive as the ET48-2.0

Recent Popular Liked

Back