• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is running!!! I’ll get video tomorrow! I installed the R1 fan and it turns on initially but then it shuts off. My ESC is also beeping about once every 10 seconds. Not sure what it is doing or why the fan isn’t running.

44AD29DA-6BC5-41AF-92EC-98020B4C7570.jpeg
D8B37398-2F3D-430E-A181-B42F4D115C57.jpeg
82587BC2-B804-49F6-8E10-0137564B7A7B.jpeg

It is running!!! I’ll get video tomorrow! I installed the R1 fan and it turns on initially but then it shuts off. My ESC is also beeping about once every 10 seconds. Not sure what it is doing or why the fan isn’t running.

View attachment 1423View attachment 1424View attachment 1425
I have two Castle ESCs and they both beep about once every ten seconds. From what I have read, it is to remind you that the ESC is powered on so you don't leave the batteries plugged in and walk away. Also, when you plug the batteries in, the ESC beeps the number of cells that it is registering based on the voltage that it receives. I don't know quite what to tell you about the fan though.

I have two Castle ESCs and they both beep about once every ten seconds. From what I have read, it is to remind you that the ESC is powered on so you don't leave the batteries plugged in and walk away. Also, when you plug the batteries in, the ESC beeps the number of cells that it is registering based on the voltage that it receives. I don't know quite what to tell you about the fan though.
I figured it out last night. I turned off the idle beeping. And the fan kicks on at around 150 degrees F.

I took it out today and already bent the rear shock tower and two screws that hold it in lol.

One thing that I can’t quite figure out is that my steering servo doesn’t not function properly. I losing steering about half the time and sometimes it’ll only turn about a 1/4 if the way. Then it will magically come back. I’m not sure what is going on. I did buy the servo used so maybe it was somewhat broken to begin with. Any thoughts?

Probably going to pick this up soon

984A3CA5-1B09-43AD-977B-DBAE5A819C93.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe the servo was doing that for the guy you got it from and he didn't know what it was so he sold it. You could open up the servo and see if anything looks wrong with it. You could try it in another rig too to see if it is something with the BEC or radio. You could try another servo in this vehicle to see if it is the servo as well. You shouldn't need to actually install it though, you should just be able to plug it into the receiver to test everything out.

Maybe the servo was doing that for the guy you got it from and he didn't know what it was so he sold it. You could open up the servo and see if anything looks wrong with it. You could try it in another rig too to see if it is something with the BEC or radio. You could try another servo in this vehicle to see if it is the servo as well. You shouldn't need to actually install it though, you should just be able to plug it into the receiver to test everything out.
I have a rustler I’ll try it in. Thanks!

Soooooo....

I took apart the bent rear shock tower and discovered that 6 screws were bent and the gear box was destroyed enough to warrant a new one. I ordered new screws and a gear box as well as a CC 15 amp bec to see if it fixes my servo issue. I did a lot of research last night and it seems MMX ,or just Castle Creation in general, has a weak BEC combined with a power hungry Savox servo. I’m hoping the bec solves the problem.

Has anyone ever used or heard of these receivers?

http://www.powerstar-racing.com/goods.php?id=799

I think I will need additional channels if I want to run a bec and the dual yeah racing fans off the receiver. I have the Futaba 203 which only has 3 channels and an aux channel unless there is some way to run it all from my receiver. I know I can run a jst y adaptor but the bec still requires two channels.

Sooooo....I bought a BEC to support the savox servo but I just decided to replace the servo with a hitec hs-7954s. I don’t want the bec to take up two channels on my receiver.

Has anyone ever used or heard of these receivers?

http://www.powerstar-racing.com/goods.php?id=799

I think I will need additional channels if I want to run a bec and the dual yeah racing fans off the receiver. I have the Futaba 203 which only has 3 channels and an aux channel unless there is some way to run it all from my receiver. I know I can run a jst y adaptor but the bec still requires two channels.
I could use another receiver for my Futaba 4PL... that price isn't bad at all.

I got the new parts installed Friday night. New hitec servo, rear shock tower that I got for a steal on eBay ($10), rear gear box and some new screws.

I took it out to bash in the park near me and the grass was still wet! Servo worked flawlessly at 7.4v. Here it is setup ready to go!
03D65503-6723-411A-BDEA-320365B6580E.jpeg

Here are some pics of it covered in grass.

3AB00C4E-034C-4C4E-8DB5-D62914719E47.jpeg
3048C13E-D18F-45C8-8470-C493AFEC9ABE.jpeg

I don’t have a good way to capture video other than my phone but it is a bit hard to hold my transmitter with one hand and drive at the same time lol.

I think the next thing I may purchase is the yeah racing motor heatsink and fan.

Last edited:
I got the new parts installed Friday night. New hitec servo, rear shock tower that I got for a steal on eBay ($10), rear gear box and some new screws.

I took it out to bash in the park near me and the grass was still wet! Servo worked flawlessly at 7.4v. Here it is setup ready to go!View attachment 1452

Here are some pics of it covered in grass.

View attachment 1453View attachment 1454

I don’t have a good way to capture video other than my phone but it is a bit hard to hold my transmitter with one hand and drive at the same time lol.

I think the next thing I may purchase is the yeah racing motor heatsink and fan.
Glad to see it ready to go. I tried the yeah racing heatsink and fan in my MT410 and couldn’t ever make it fit right would hit the brace or chassis this affects the pinion mesh, would not go in far enough. I cut it down to make it work and made it a single fan the cut more until it wasn’t going to do the job anymore. Castle wires coming out of the can also caused problems. You might have more room with the longer chassis. Good luck.

Ran my ET today and got to do some jumps with it. Nothing super like rich duperbash but more to get a feeling of how to control it. I’m a super novice to jumping. The ESC came lose so I’ll have to remount that. The middle motor wire came loose too and started to short out the system. Fortunately it did t fire the esc but it left some scortch marks on the bullet connector. Crazy that happened.

@Slevin are you going to get the Traxxas receiver box and put your receiver in that? That wet grass might mess it up otherwise.

Does anyone know if the AE nomad mounts with fit or strap onto the ET shock towers? I know they can mount to the SCT shock towers but I don’t know the difference in width between the two.

For those who have the sct, can you measure the distance between the shock standoff holes?

Ran my ET today and got to do some jumps with it. Nothing super like rich duperbash but more to get a feeling of how to control it. I’m a super novice to jumping. The ESC came lose so I’ll have to remount that. The middle motor wire came loose too and started to short out the system. Fortunately it did t fire the esc but it left some scortch marks on the bullet connector. Crazy that happened.
I posted a thread about esc coming loose. End result was industrial Velcro then zip tie around it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back