• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the TKR8027 shock standoffs for @Overkill’s CVDs...

Should be here this week and I’ll get it all mounted up if I have time this week.

I got the yeah racing fans bolted on my motor and hooked up with a homemade JST Y adapter I made.

Maybe I missed it, but why the shorter driveshaft and shock standoffs?
The drive shaft is thicker. Tekno is 3.5 mm vs Arrma’s 5 mm.

The longer standoffs are to support these

FE08A067-6418-443F-A156-BBF808D9E7B7.jpeg

thanks @Overkill!!

Still waiting on bearings to show up. They should have been here by now....

And they just came in....

DFBC6EE4-BC90-4E7E-B74D-7180012C2C98.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but why the shock standoffs?
The revised TKR8027 shock standoffs are recommended on the front. They are slightly longer which will give you more clearance from the driveshaft rubbing on the spring.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnd melted!! Can’t even get the gears out! I will have to take a dremel to it to get them out...

2206C3FE-3012-4E43-9736-2DD74EEC5304.jpeg

I will be ordering the m2c racing diffs.

Slevin,
How did you melt the center diff?
essentially it got too hot. So I was running stock diff fluid which was 10k. Running 6s with a large can motor was too much for the stock plastic diff cup at 10k fluid. The internal gears created so much heat they melted into the plastic.

I took it apart Saturday and dremeled the gears out and they appear to be fine. Upgrading to the m2c diffs and higher weight fluid will greatly help prevent the same thing from happening, if not make it impossible.

I’ll be running 60/100/30 f/c/r fluid as soon as the m2c diff cups arrive. Also order new gaskets just in case.

Very interesting and thanks for the info. I have the m2c center diff cup for my build.

Currently building the diffs. I’ll post a picture once I’ve built them. My work bench is a complete mess lol.

Wasn’t able to get pictures:(

Didn’t have a ton of time and I was super tired so I worked on it hard and fast to get it done.

Last edited:
A couple of buddies and I went out to an old outdoor RC track. It was cold, muddy, and snowy. Had a fun time, however, after about five minutes I stopped to help my son with his rustler and mine started smoking pretty hardcore. I ran over and took the body off and the ESC fried. Yay....

I’m going to reach out to CC and see if they will cover any of it. This esc is pretty new.

A couple of buddies and I went out to an old outdoor RC track. It was cold, muddy, and snowy. Had a fun time, however, after about five minutes I stopped to help my son with his rustler and mine started smoking pretty hardcore. I ran over and took the body off and the ESC fried. Yay....

I’m going to reach out to CC and see if they will cover any of it. This esc is pretty new.
Where is the dislike button? Or the angry face button? That sucks to hear man. Hopefully Castle takes care of you. Let us know what they say.

Max6 ordered...again! Going to put it on the wider m2c chassis once it is available.

So here is an update...

Ordered the following:

HW max6
Goolrc 4076 2000kv motor
New diff shims
Jconcepts nt finnisher body

I will order/preorder the m2c racing et wide chassis when it is available.

Probably going to paint the body green.

I completely disassembled my ET and cleaned it this past weekend and still have the bearings to clean. It’ll be after Christmas when it is all back together depending upon the release of the new chassis.

Recent Popular Liked

Back