• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade shock stand topper lol

3BF56058-D49C-4B2B-AFCF-06F0AD15D7D9.jpeg

Got some work done on the front this morning.

1D5D19BA-9CED-4077-89C8-8BAFB415BC5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Homemade shock stand topper lol

View attachment 971
Looks good! Where did you get that idea from? LOL I also made mine a little longer on both sides so that I could put the tires under the ends to hold it up in the air so that the shock shafts don't hit the table underneath. I guess I left that detail out when I told you about it but you should be able to put something underneath the middle of it.

That’s a good idea, I usually just use an empty box and poke some holes for the shocks to fit in LOL!

That is pretty much what I do as well.

We do a bunch of corian fabrication for work, I was planning on taking some scraps home and building a couple stands for parts. I will post up some pics later when I have them completed.

Nice work on the build so far @Slevin!

That is pretty much what I do as well.

We do a bunch of corian fabrication for work, I was planning on taking some scraps home and building a couple stands for parts. I will post up some pics later when I have them completed.

Nice work on the build so far @Slevin!

Heck yeah I always seem to have amazon boxes. Not sure why (LOL!). Can’t wait to see the corian one you make, Sounds cool.

Haven’t gotten to the shocks yet.

Can someone please explain to me the different shock builds to me (eg emulaion, vented, etc)?

I do not know what the difference is or more specifically the benefits.

The leopard and Max8 are a great choice. I've heard many positive reviews on both of them.

I was hoping to get to the shocks this past weekend but I didn't really have time and I was super tired. So many kids activities and not enough time. I did get one built but didn't get the oil in it yet. I'll be busy tonight so hopefully I can do some work on it tomorrow night.

So I was originally going to paint my body gun metal, well still am at the moment, but I'm thinking of doing a different scheme. Does anybody have any idea where I can get a lexan tan colored rattle can? Tamiya doesn't make one at all.

I hear you about being short on time with kids around LOL.

I just looked at Duratrax and Tamiya's websites and they don't really have anything for tan or brown. That is really weird. Sorry I can't be of any help for this.

Nice! Who is "they" and how do I go about meeting "them"? Lol
Lol forgot to mention that I emailed Tekno last week asking if they sold lanyards. Zac Burnside emailed me back and said they didn’t have any they sold but had a few laying around the office from last years nationals. He said he would put one in my order for the servo horn. Pretty sweet!

Lol forgot to mention that I emailed Tekno last week asking if they sold lanyards. Zac Burnside emailed me back and said they didn’t have any they sold but had a few laying around the office from last years nationals. He said he would put one in my order for the servo horn. Pretty sweet!
Now that's going above and beyond. Nicely done Tekno!

Rear shocks built! I’m out of town for the week so there will be no progress to be had until the weekend.

FDC8E1F0-CA44-4802-BB9E-FE4AEB315448.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back