• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used the shock tool on my build. It was more useful than I thought. Especially With all the ball ends in the build.
Good to hear! I'd like to buy a few other tools but resources are limited and this one seemed to be top priority.

Nice. You can't complain about that at all. I was going to say I have been looking for a 3PV for a little while and can't find one anywhere.
A few others over at rctech offered up 4pv and a 4px but I just didn't want to spend that kind of money for a basher. If/when ibget back into racing then I'll splurge and get something along those lines.

A few others over at rctech offered up 4pv and a 4px but I just didn't want to spend that kind of money for a basher. If/when ibget back into racing then I'll splurge and get something along those lines.
I really, really, REALLY wanted the 4PV but I couldn't justify the $100 increase over the 4PLS just for better looks. So I got the 4PLS for like $150-160 I think it was. I wanted to be able to use the external voltage sensor and the temp sensor so it came down between the 4PLS and 4PV for me. I have been really happy with my 4PLS and how simple it is to set everything up and change everything on the fly.

I really, really, REALLY wanted the 4PV but I couldn't justify the $100 increase over the 4PLS just for better looks. So I got the 4PLS for like $150-160 I think it was. I wanted to be able to use the external voltage sensor and the temp sensor so it came down between the 4PLS and 4PV for me. I have been really happy with my 4PLS and how simple it is to set everything up and change everything on the fly.

I have to agree on the ease of use with the 4pls. I just sold mine since I was able to get a 4px for a deal I couldn’t say no too. I hope the 4px is just as easy to use and won’t take too long to adjust to.

For reference here is a EB48.3 - Castle MMX and sensored 2200KV with space for a fan. There is so much power on 4s with this that I have to turn it down for most tracks.

Attachments

• IMG_2038.JPG
    IMG_2038.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 508
For reference here is a EB48.3 - Castle MMX and sensored 2200KV with space for a fan. There is so much power on 4s with this that I have to turn it down for most tracks.

Not to hijack, but what pinion are you running in that eb48.3?

I have to agree on the ease of use with the 4pls. I just sold mine since I was able to get a 4px for a deal I couldn’t say no too. I hope the 4px is just as easy to use and won’t take too long to adjust to.
I wanted the 4PX or the 7PX but I knew there was a zero percent chance of me spending that much on a transmitter. I'm sure its sweet as hell but for me, I would be like "I could either get this transmitter.....or I could get a new ET48.3" LOL

Let us know how you like it when you get it and what your thoughts are. If it's worth it, maybe I would consider getting a used one and making my 4PLS my backup but I'm currently looking for a 3PV for my backup.

I wanted the 4PX or the 7PX but I knew there was a zero percent chance of me spending that much on a transmitter. I'm sure its sweet as hell but for me, I would be like "I could either get this transmitter.....or I could get a new ET48.3" LOL

Let us know how you like it when you get it and what your thoughts are. If it's worth it, maybe I would consider getting a used one and making my 4PLS my backup but I'm currently looking for a 3PV for my backup.
The 7px would be super nice but I won’t benefit from it at all really as a Basher when I can use the funds for other gear and electronics.

Picked up my stuff today!

Hopefully will start the build tonight!
CDF530E4-867F-48B4-9A72-7D6634FBEBA5.jpeg

Diffs are done!!
1F8BA4E4-2B36-4F4C-A398-AD8D9BFFFDC3.jpeg

Front gear box done!
68DF615F-E19D-4122-BF6B-CB22916417AF.jpeg

Time for bed! Doing some traveling tomorrow so hopefully I can get the rear done. I do need better tools but resources are tight so I do my best with what I have.

Diffs are done!!
View attachment 958

Front gear box done!
View attachment 959

Time for bed! Doing some traveling tomorrow so hopefully I can get the rear done. I do need better tools but resources are tight so I do my best with what I have.
Looking good! Did you use the stock fluids for the diffs? What tools are you currently use?

Looking good! Did you use the stock fluids for the diffs? What tools are you currently use?
Yeah I’m using the stock fluids for now. I just have generic hex keys lol.

So I’m trying to reamer the arms but I do not have a 4mm reamer. I tried using a 5/32 drill bit but it’s a bit to small and the hinge pins are still stiff in the arms. Any other cheap method to ream the arms without having to pay $20 to buy a 4mm reamer? My local Home Depot doesn’t even sell a 4mm drill bit. Well actually they do but it is some special one and it costs around $30 so that is not an option.

So I’m trying to reamer the arms but I do not have a 4mm reamer. I tried using a 5/32 drill bit but it’s a bit to small and the hinge pins are still stiff in the arms. Any other cheap method to ream the arms without having to pay $20 to buy a 4mm reamer? My local Home Depot doesn’t even sell a 4mm drill bit. Well actually they do but it is some special one and it costs around $30 so that is not an option.

This is what I ended up using. Got them on eBay for like $8.
US Stock 2pcs 4mm Machine HSS Straight Shank Chucking Milling Reamer Cutter

@TBuggy recommended 5/32" chainsaw files like these to me.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Oregon-Chainsaw-Sharpening-File/1112123

I got some like these and they worked awesome and fast.

I like both of those options! Thanks!

I did just review one of the team drivers how to videos on the et48.3 build, justpoet, and since I'm bashing this thing, reaming the arms isn't all the important as they will break in from bashing. I don't really want to spend money on something I don't need at the moment. I'd rather save it for the electronics.

Got the rear built up and working on the sway bar. It was getting late and had to go to bed.

E35E7CE9-A14C-4150-A8DB-A861FC8FD517.jpeg

I’ll get a photo of my current progress tonight.

So I just realized at work that I have an ifixit tool kit that has an okish handle with interchangeable hex bits and nut drivers so I’m gong to get this a shot. Anything is better than my hex keys lol!

F116BA64-6863-486E-9674-83624616FDC2.jpeg

Looking good. How are the new tools working out for you? Did you do anything to ream out the arms for the hinge pins?
The tools are ok. They help but they definitely aren't like the MIP hex drivers. If the handle was bigger it would be better.

I did ream the arms a bit with a 5/32 drill bit but it's just a bit too narrow. However, I'm not to concerned as I'm just bashing with it and it'll work itself out after a few packs.

Recent Popular Liked

Back