• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 Pauly's Tekno DB48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pauly, what is the part number for your wheels? I looked for it but all I found were beadlocks.

Not to triple post here so I’ll edit my double post...lol

Rich from thercnetwork.com told me today that Tekno is actually making an official DB48....

View attachment 848
Here’s a link to those wheels at RPP hobby. I have a set too. I wouldn’t recommend running big power with these wheels.....CA glue does not bond to aluminum all that well. If you’re running 3s and carefully prepare them you’ll probably be fine.
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/gea1030.htm

I was wondering about the glue and aluminum. I’m trying to find some plastic ones. I like the beadlock once’s but they are so pricy!

Some of the cheapo Chinese beadlocks are supposed to be good...look on eBay or amazon
Like these
https://m.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-2-2-Alu...831923&hash=item58e272abf0:g:B80AAOSwRgJXjFS6
I really like the sellers name and they are selling rc stuff LOL.
1530188249141.png

Yeah, beadlocks may be expensive but I really like them on the vehicles that don't go at balls to the wall speeds. You don't have to mess around with figuring out how to unglue the tires from the rim and if the foams get wet or dirty you can quickly take them out and clean them and put it back together. I pretty much look at rims as plastic=throw away, beadlocks=keep forever. Just my opinion.

that is true. I may just invest in them at some point then. We shall see.

I really like the sellers name and they are selling rc stuff LOL.
View attachment 854

Yeah, beadlocks may be expensive but I really like them on the vehicles that don't go at balls to the wall speeds. You don't have to mess around with figuring out how to unglue the tires from the rim and if the foams get wet or dirty you can quickly take them out and clean them and put it back together. I pretty much look at rims as plastic=throw away, beadlocks=keep forever. Just my opinion.
E2999680-8FE2-4B25-8E63-CF0CCF92E137.jpeg

I’ve been running 5s with these Motoworx beadlocks..very high power bashing. Tires have not come loose from the bead at all.

View attachment 855
I’ve been running 5s with these Motoworx beadlocks..very high power bashing. Tires have not come loose from the bead at all.
Nice. I haven't tried any beadlocks on any higher powered vehicles besides my 8s Baja SS but that has way larger rims, so I wasn't sure how they would hold up. What hexes do you have on your vehicle? 12 or 17mm?

Nice. I haven't tried any beadlocks on any higher powered vehicles besides my 8s Baja SS but that has way larger rims, so I wasn't sure how they would hold up. What hexes do you have on your vehicle? 12 or 17mm?
Those in the pic are 17mm

Pauly, what is the part number for your wheels? I looked for it but all I found were beadlocks.

Not to triple post here so I’ll edit my double post...lol

Rich from thercnetwork.com told me today that Tekno is actually making an official DB48....

View attachment 848

I asked him last night about a release date and Tekno told him around end of 2018 to early 2019.

I would love for this to happen. I will wait before buying up a sct kit and moding it and if they don't release one then I will just mod one up. I just love the look of this thing and it's reliability compared to the other brands. The losi rock rey seems to be meh and I've read so much on Axial's crappy support. Maybe I'm wrong but I did just return a yeti xl that just had so many issues.

@Matthew_Armeni is there any truth to this?

We're really wrapped up in prepping for the 1/8th scale worlds in Australia right now, so the DB48 has been put on the back burner. Also, I would call those release date estimates extremely premature and optimistic, even if it wasn't a worlds year.

I agree that even a DB48 conversion kit would be pretty cool in similar fashion to the SL fad that lasted maybe 3-4 years before it was discontinued, just a bummer that all the manufacturers couldn't jump on board at the same time in order to make a dedicated class out of it.

The 4WD SCT class is fairly strong in our area right now, probably one of the most popular 1/10 classes to be honest, and I could see this migrate over to a DB8 class if there was a conversion kit that was made compatible for most brands of 1/8 buggies on the market ;)

I bet since the 2.0 has come out it was delayed so it will incorporate those updates. If that is the case then it will be the last most likely to be released, since I imagine the nitro and then the "E" Truggy will come out first.

This is all hypothetical and just my guess of things to come.

Recent Popular Liked

Back