• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 Pauly's Tekno DB48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm cutting custom panels much like you did. Thought about using the Nomad panels but I also had a thought in my head of possibly using the stock SCT mounts and using the aluminum panels with body holes in them to mount the cage. The raw aluminum look is right up my alley anyways;)

I sent Brandon who owns Barndog Racing a PM over on RCC to see if he is interested in making Alum panels.

Barndog Racing Aluminum Panels

I sent Brandon who owns Barndog Racing a PM over on RCC to see if he is interested in making Alum panels.

Barndog Racing Aluminum Panels

That would be sick! I looked high and low for aluminum panels for a Nomad cage and no deals.

I brought it to the track lastnite and it performed stellar. My new favorite rig to run. I would've ran it in place of my SCT.

Yeti Score TT interior as a fill in til the Nomad ones are available or possibly permanently. Not 100% sure yet.
Needs a bit of trimming as it's about a half inch too wide. Screwed down the front and used screws long enough to stick out of the cage where the side panel mounts to hold the rear up. Still need to trim the mounting holes off the rear, but you get the general idea.

Yeti Score TT interior as a fill in til the Nomad ones are available or possibly permanently. Not 100% sure yet.
Needs a bit of trimming as it's about a half inch too wide. Screwed down the front and used screws long enough to stick out of the cage where the side panel mounts to hold the rear up. Still need to trim the mounting holes off the rear, but you get the general idea.

Looks like it will work just fine. The option that chainsaw suggested is pretty good too. Not sure what I’m going to do yet.

Well I'm not completely satisfied, but I gave it a valiant effort over the last 5 and a half hours. Came out OK, but I would really love to have something produced for aluminum panels for the Nomad cage. I still may order the lexan ones for options. I wanted to leave some cage visible and may do some front panels, but for now it's good enough:)

Just waiting on some VP 5mm wheel nuts and I'll be ready to rip.
It weighs in at 8lbs 8.8oz RTR with the panels, driver, and 3S lipo. My guesstimate was pretty spot on and I was able to keep it under 10lbs.

That looks great!

The TEKNORC license plate is an awesome touch!

That looks great!

The TEKNORC license plate is an awesome touch!

Thanks man! It comes with the MT410 kit, just never used it. Finally found a home for it

Yup Panels turned out awesome. (y)(y) Forming panels and cutting them sucks, is time consuming but usually 9-10 times well worth the effort. Massive billboard, custom and looks so much better than lexan.

Yup Panels turned out awesome. (y)(y) Forming panels and cutting them sucks, is time consuming but usually 9-10 times well worth the effort. Massive billboard, custom and looks so much better than lexan.

Thanks buddy. Not sure I'm sold on them yet cuz the imperfections are driving me a bit crazy but once they get banged up a bit I probably won't mind so much;)

Well I'm not completely satisfied, but I gave it a valiant effort over the last 5 and a half hours. Came out OK, but I would really love to have something produced for aluminum panels for the Nomad cage. I still may order the lexan ones for options. I wanted to leave some cage visible and may do some front panels, but for now it's good enough:)

It weighs in at 8lbs 8.8oz RTR with the panels, driver, and 3S lipo. My guesstimate was pretty spot on and I was able to keep it under 10lbs.
Bam! Looks really nice! I’m going to steal the design of your hood. Did you use a drimel to cut out the rectangle slots for front posts?

Bam! Looks really nice! I’m going to steal the design of your hood. Did you use a drimel to cut out the rectangle slots for front posts?

Steal away:) Yeah I used a cutting wheel on the Dremel. Didn't really have any other ideas on how to cut them. Thanks man.

I am struggling mounting the cage I removed the stock 410 mounts and got nomad body mounts. I know I have to trim them down but both front and rear are to far apart. How did you fill the gap sir

I am struggling mounting the cage I removed the stock 410 mounts and got nomad body mounts. I know I have to trim them down but both front and rear are to far apart. How did you fill the gap sir

I didn't use Nomad body mounts as they are unavailable last I checked. I used HPI body mounts from the Apache SC. I ended up spacing the rear with another set of shock standoffs and used a few 3mm nuts to space the front. I'm not exactly sure how the Nomad mounts would space out but I'm pretty certain you could make them work in the same manner.

Hey Pauly can you measure the distance between body posts? since that HPI apache SC body mount kit isn't available any more maybe we can find an alternative that is the same spacing apart...

I wonder if we could be lucky enough for the shock tower holes to line up and use the TA mounts... i used to have these on an old RC8Te when i ran the big Sc8 body... unfortunately sold off that rig!
sc8_2ebodymount.jpg

Last edited:
Are you pleased with the HW combo you are running, it has just come in to stock in the UK and just about to buy :unsure:

Hey Pauly can you measure the distance between body posts? since that HPI apache SC body mount kit isn't available any more maybe we can find an alternative that is the same spacing apart...

I wonder if we could be lucky enough for the shock tower holes to line up and use the TA mounts... i used to have these on an old RC8Te when i ran the big Sc8 body... unfortunately sold off that rig!
sc8_2ebodymount.jpg

sc8_2ebodymount.jpg

The spacing is 85mm on center post to post.

Are you pleased with the HW combo you are running, it has just come in to stock in the UK and just about to buy :unsure:

Very pleased:) This is the 3rd of this HW ESC I currently run and I run 2 of the motors. 4300KV in the SCT410.3 on 2S and this 3600KV in this rig on 3S. The other wing HW ESC is in my Kyosho SC6 2WD short course truck.

Reactions: Hye
The spacing is 85mm on center post to post.

thanks, i just noticed in the woodie conversion thread buzz there used these exact mounts. i will definitely go with them IF I can find some, they seem to be gone too!

Recent Popular Liked

Back