• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Pauly's Tekno MT410 Build 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

TF Excellence Award
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
  3. DB48
Some stuff came in today, and some stuff I already had. This is round 2 for me with the MT410. Sold my 1st build so I figured it was time to do a 2nd:) Steel spur came in with the kit, servo is a Savox 1283SG that I won in a raffle on FB as well as the wheels and tires. Tires are taped and glued already as well.

Had some time so I dove in tonight.

Diffs are done. 100K(F)/100K(C)/50K(R). Just used the Tekno fluids in the diffs. TKR5115 44T steel, hardened, lightened spur gear installed on the center diff.

Front and rear bulkheads assembled and started on the rear suspension.

Not sure if it's visible in the picture, but I installed the TKR1238 droop screws to replace the stock button head screws they include in the kit.

The kit came with a steel spur?!

I don't think so, I think he means it showed up at the same time.
What's the benefit Pauly? Theyre just noisier and more rotational weight from my experience. Have your worn out a plastic? Must take a lot...
I've never shredded a plastic spur even with a huge motor...

I don't think so, I think he means it showed up at the same time.
What's the benefit Pauly? Theyre just noisier and more rotational weight from my experience. Have your worn out a plastic? Must take a lot...
I've never shredded a plastic spur even with a huge motor...

That's correct, it came in today, not with the kit. I always run the steel spur. Seen too many instances where a rock gets caught up inside the chassis, and no more spur. I like having a "true" mating surface for the center diff cup just like the front and rear diffs. The Tekno plastics are top notch, but I don't want to take any chances there either. I've also seen composite spurs be out of round also and cause differences in pinion mesh. Just my opinions and instances. There's plenty of other folks that will say to leave a composite spur for a weak point in the driveline in case anything else gets bound up, it will eat the spur 1st.

Oh one more plus...I can mesh a 14T pinion with the steel spur and a 4274 motor, where with the plastic spur, 15T is as small as you can mesh properly.

I run the composite spur in the SCT410 for the reasons you mentioned above;) Race rig vs. bash rig tho.

Last edited:
Perfectly valid reasoning. Which wheels/tires ya got there? Looks like some cheapies? I needz me a set. The monsters I got weigh too much lol.

Perfectly valid reasoning. Which wheels/tires ya got there? Looks like some cheapies? I needz me a set. The monsters I got weigh too much lol.

It's a HSP wheel/tire found on a Redcat Avalanche. Got them from Karl McCann on FB. Not sure on weight savings tho. I have them taped inside with Gorilla tape. I'll throw one on the scale tomorrow for ya. Thought they looked pretty cool, so I figured why not give them a shot. Have plenty of Pro-Lines if they fail:ROFLMAO:

I like prolines but they are sooo heavy (and expensive) Probably the most durable though so I guess there's a trade-off.
Can you measure the tire O.D. and width?

Looks like you're off to a great start. Those wheels and tires look nice. looking forward to seeing the end result @Pauly.

@RC_User
HSP / Seben wheel / tire specs are as follows:

51tLzPvAkaL.jpg

41Wls-RT-3L.jpg

Looks like you're off to a great start. Those wheels and tires look nice. looking forward to seeing the end result @Pauly.

Thanks Woodie. I'll make sure I update the thread as I continue.

Thanks for that N-Tense. Just threw one on the scale and they're 350g/12.3oz each. Again I have them taped with Gorilla Tape.

those will be good for some high flying action.

Few more parts came in today so I carried on as far as I can til the rest arrive.

Slacked off on the build pics, but I had the o-rings and screws kicking around for building the shocks "emulsion" style. I have a whole set of plastic caps I can run thru before I feel the need to upgrade to aluminum caps, so I figured I'd stick with the plastic ones for now.

Probably won't make any more progress til next week.

Another piece of the puzzle has arrived:)
Figured I'd try a Castle again instead of my typical Hobbywing go to ESC.

MMX i assume? i like mine a lot but I do wish it was a little smaller like the Tekin RX8. also wish they had a metal case like the new mamba X.
Honestly I was impressed with how well an old HobbyWing ESC I had did, it ran better than my old MM2 castle ESC but the mmX is improved.

Another piece of the puzzle has arrived:)
Figured I'd try a Castle again instead of my typical Hobbywing go to ESC.

I'd like to know how that MMX works in the end. What motor will you pair with it?

TT

MMX i assume? i like mine a lot but I do wish it was a little smaller like the Tekin RX8. also wish they had a metal case like the new mamba X.
Honestly I was impressed with how well an old HobbyWing ESC I had did, it ran better than my old MM2 castle ESC but the mmX is improved.

Yessir it is an MMX. Haven't tried a Castle since the MM2 so it's been awhile.

I'd like to know how that MMX works in the end. What motor will you pair with it?

TT

I have a couple options on the way. Either a Toro X8-ST 2000KV sensored or a Hobbystar 1700KV 4274 sensored. I ordered the Toro in 1700KV but it was out of stock so they shipped me a 2000KV at a discount. RCJuice just got some stock in so I ordered the Hobbystar which I know are great motors, especially for the price. I run them in my 5th scale stuff as well.

@Pauly I've heard great things about the Thunder Tiger Ripper 2000kv, I might try one of those at some point too, and I know a couple racers who swear by the GoolRC sensored 4274 motors as well.

TT

@Pauly I've heard great things about the Thunder Tiger Ripper 2000kv, I might try one of those at some point too, and I know a couple racers who swear by the GoolRC sensored 4274 motors as well.

TT

Being a Thunder Tiger dealer I know the ripper all too well. The can size is just a bit on the small side for my liking. I've not tried the Gool motors but I've heard they are decent.

Some stuff came in today, and some stuff I already had. This is round 2 for me with the MT410. Sold my 1st build so I figured it was time to do a 2nd:) Steel spur came in with the kit, servo is a Savox 1283SG that I won in a raffle on FB as well as the wheels and tires. Tires are taped and glued already as well.

Had some time so I dove in tonight.

Diffs are done. 100K(F)/100K(C)/50K(R). Just used the Tekno fluids in the diffs. TKR5115 44T steel, hardened, lightened spur gear installed on the center diff.

Front and rear bulkheads assembled and started on the rear suspension.

Not sure if it's visible in the picture, but I installed the TKR1238 droop screws to replace the stock button head screws they include in the kit.
Did you sell your first kit unassembled on ebay? I bought my kit on ebay from a guy named paul.

Did you sell your first kit unassembled on ebay? I bought my kit on ebay from a guy named paul.

Nope. Mine was fully built up and ARTR. A regular customer of mine bought it. Be funny if it showed up here some day:)

Recent Popular Liked

Back