• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Pauly's SCT210.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

TF Excellence Award
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
  3. DB48
So I've finally accumulated everything I needed for the most part to give this a shot. The 210.3 is a 2WD conversion of the SCT410.3

https://blog.teknorc.com/2017/03/08/diy-sct410-3-2wd-conversion-by-christian-hernandez/

Found a bunch of great info on this in the FB forum and used it as a foundation to start with.

This started as a SL buggy roller which is pretty much a SCT 410.3

I still have the shocks to build, and set ride height, droop, camber, and toe but here's where I'm at.

The foams have been trimmed to allow a softer tire profile. Rear hubs have been shaved so I can push them forward 2mm over stock. Using the original hubs for my local track as it's pretty low traction. The Avid Sabertooth wheels I'm using are very flexible for increased traction. Went with Panther Boa super soft compound on this as well. It has the .4 steering update powered by a LV SRT servo. I have 100K in the center diff right now to start. May slip too much, but I figured I'd start there. I have 500K and 1 mil CST on hand as well. The rear diff is filled with 5K and I'm only using 2 spider gears. Supposed to act more like a ball diff with the 2 spider gears.

As you can see the electronics layout has been has been reconfigured. No side guards as I'm trying to shave weight. The front chassis brace has been cut in half and no rear or center braces are installed. Trying everything I can for traction. Running shorty packs in this one for weight savings also. Sure I'm forgetting some things but that's pretty much what's going on. I may back down to a 2 pole motor but I'm trying this Castle setup before I make a change.

Once I finalize things I'll post a setup sheet of exactly what's going on.

I run 125k in in center diff of my Arrma bashers, and when something fails in the front/rear driveline, I get maybe 3mph on smooth ground. 100k is good for controlling front tire ballooning, but not even close for 2wd. Maybe it will work better in the Tekno though.

Cool Project, looking forward to reading more on your progress!

super cool conversion. i wish they made a 2wd sct ... there would be so much less beef on the front end that you just can't get rid of.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna give it a test run when I get home from work and see if I need a center diff viscosity change or not. I'll update later tonite.

So 100K in the CD was driveable, but it's hard telling in my yard vs. the track. I built another diff with 500K and threw it in there for tomorrow. Have the 100K one in my pit box just in case. Curious to see the difference.

She's RTR at the moment and here's the setup:

Attachments

• SCT210.3.pdf
    447.4 KB · Views: 421
What body ya runnin?

J Concepts F250 for now off my other SCT. Have a Pro-Line FloTek Fusion. Just waiting on paint, oh and free time;) I had to hustle to pull this whole thing down and convert it how I did. I have about 15hrs in it so far. It wasn't your typical follow the manual build that's for sure. There was a bit of hacking and dremeling involved:ROFLMAO:

Looks like a very fun project and experiment. Nice job on the conversion. Look forward to how it runs.

So here's the race report:)

Was interesting to say the least. Had trouble getting the rear to hook up. Thinking 10K was too thick in the rear even with the 2 spider gears. Tried the 500K CD and went back to the 100K in the center. Way too much motor as I was already told with the 4 pole. Gonna try the Reedy 8.0 2 pole as was recommended to me. Suspension was perfect tho, and I still managed to qualify 4th for the A-main and take 4th in the main as well.

So for next week I'm gonna see how that Reedy motor works with 1.5K in the rear diff and 500K in the center. If I can get the ass end to stay put I will be right in the mix of being with the fast guys I think. 1st time running 2wd since the 90's too BTW so I'm a bit rusty:LOL:

2wd is so hard to get used to when you've been doing nothing but 4x4 for so long, that is for sure!

Well I went the wrong direction I'm thinking with the rear diff tuning. 1.5K in the rear was worse than 10K. Couple of the guys on the SCT210 FB group are saying heavier in the rear diff, so that's next. Softer rear shocks, heavier rear diff fluid, and going to go over my rear end setup. I've been recommended 4 degrees in both antisquat and rear toe. Pretty sure I'm there tho but I'll have to double check. Finally have my replacement HW SCT ESC here on Monday so I can swap the ESC back to sensored as well.

After this week racing this thing I'm throwing in the towel. I just can't get it to hook up on our local track and be competitive. I'm actually faster with a stock Slash and after running a couple 2wd SC kits it's just not going to work out against a rear or mid motor setup. In a high grip track this thing would be dialed.

I'll be converting it back to 4wd and it will be for sale as a 410.3 roller. If anyone is interested let me know. Should be ready to go tomorrow night.

Recent Popular Liked

Back