• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Pauly's Tekno MT410 Build 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i remember you breaking one in an old post, or at least i recall people saying it helped but still didn't make it bomb proof when you land upside down repeatedly... guess i'll pull the trigger on one soon but hoping for some decent memorial day sales!

I believe I broke the V.1 brace tho. They make the V2 now which is a bit beefier on the 90 degree bend where mine snapped. Overkill posted this on FB for comparison.

Oh cool I had no idea they revised it. I will order one up tonight, can't wait a month for a memorial day sale!

Oh cool I had no idea they revised it. I will order one up tonight, can't wait a month for a memorial day sale!

That's the spirit:ROFLMAO:

That body looks great on your MT410!

Thank you. Most likely not for long.:ROFLMAO: It is a custom painted body from RCWERKZ and the link for which Pro-line it is, is in my build list.

I'm hooked on these motors. They're top end quality at a low end price point:)
RC Juice has some excellent customer service and fast & free shipping. I ordered this on Friday...they're in Cali and I'm in CT. Can finalize my wiring now:D

Does the motor stay very cool ?

Tell me when you'll have

Aim that ramp at the house and see if you can land on the roof! ...for our entertainment.

You're a bad influence man! Lol. Will the garage suffice? I just put new gutters on the house.

I don’t think the garage will be as fun. Look at that roof. There’s a couple of nice built in ramps up there. :)

I don’t think the garage will be as fun. Look at that roof. There’s a couple of nice built in ramps up there. :)

What if I clear the garage?!:p

Awesome build Pauly and great video. I see you filled in the swimming pool hole lol!

Thanks buddy. Yeah I spent most of the summer building that patio. Gets way more use than the pool did.:) No sense destroying the entire yard if you're not going to RC in it.:LOL:

Awesome run. Oscar would be really sad to see the body destroyed.

I like the over the house one but when you climbed up the tool shed and did a double BF was so cool. I think that was another RC and not the MT410 though.

Awesome run. Oscar would be really sad to see the body destroyed.

I like the over the house one but when you climbed up the tool shed and did a double BF was so cool. I think that was another RC and not the MT410 though.

I think Oscar would be more disappointed if I didn't destroy it;)

This looks like a great idea if it fits. I’m using the tekin gen3 2000kv combo. Anyone try this combo with the chassis brace? My esc was a snug fit.

So I've been sitting on some parts for a couple weeks at least:eek: I was going to start plugging away at upgrading my shocks piece by piece and was adding things up and this idea dawned on me. Why not buy a set of EB48.4 shocks and get all the upgraded parts in one clip for less money???

So I did;)

You can get the .4 buggy shocks right around $100 bucks from DollarHobbyz or one of the other chop shops. You get the aluminum emulsion caps, aluminum preload nuts, aluminum cartridge nuts, and delrin cnc'd cartridge parts with the .4 shocks. The included low frequency springs are way too soft for the MT so I just threw the stock ones back on.

Some pics installed and also with the aluminum steering top plate and center diff top plate.

So I noticed the pinion bearing pushing out on the rear diff when I did the shocks. Figured the out drive loosened. Reset it and figured all is good. Brought the truck out to a poker run yesterday figuring the MT410 would attract some attention for the booth we set up for the local track. 1st trigger pull I hear the ring and pinion skip.....bearing is pushed out again. Quickly pulled the rear apart, reset it, 1st trigger pull....same deal. Gave up for the day. Today I inspected closer.....I could push the inside bearing through the diff case and move the outer bearing. Here's the findings.

The ridge that's supposed to support the bearings broke off the inside of the housing and is the piece you see to the left of the bearings. That allowed the pinion to walk wherever it wanted and of course chewed it up to where I won't reinstall it. I've literally had the worst luck with this kit. This is my 6th Tekno kit and the most recent and never had breakages like this. Plastic shock cartridge nut, 2 shock caps, diff housing, pinion gear with not even 2 full packs thru it. I haven't even been able to beat on it yet. I truly hope they haven't made a change in their manufacturing to keep up with the demand of kits and parts. Been seeing a trend of breakages recently that I haven't seen in the past and seems uncharacteristic from my experience.

Recent Popular Liked

Back