• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Mongoose's ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally got it done and I could t be happier with it! Loads of power and so smooth. Wheelies on command, handles amazing and hooks up and launches. The suspension is unreal! Don’t get me wrong when I say this because I love my Kraton, but this is just on another level. It’s awesome!

1207AA33-2AF2-49AC-BFB9-6D0F8501CA33.jpeg

13314EBD-A676-48D0-87E7-05541B125C8E.jpeg

0E652209-5E87-426E-AD1C-CBF9D40999EA.jpeg

DC4ED176-B900-4427-A96D-7214C2806F31.jpeg

05A3A1B0-191E-48F5-9BF5-6BC1AB53A5AA.jpeg

55C73D5B-1762-49C5-A2A6-70D5C88D9BC2.jpeg

The Toro motor and a 17t pinion seems to be a pretty good combo. About 25-30 minutes in the motor temp got up to 159 degrees right in the middle of the motor and about 148 on the ends. The esc was about 135. I wasn’t bashing really hard either. What’s a safe temp to stay around? Or does this sound good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!

For 25 minutes of driving, temps don’t seem terrible but they’re gonna be higher during hot weather, long grass, etc.

Do you have fans on the motor/esc yet?

@Mongoose that is one mighty fine looking Tekno ET48!(y)
Looks great!
Thanks guys!

For 25 minutes of driving, temps don’t seem terrible but they’re gonna be higher during hot weather, long grass, etc.

Do you have fans on the motor/esc yet?

I would say it was about 75 yesterday and it will probably be around 90 here soon so I can definitely see it being a problem. I have a fan on the esc but not the motor.

I will try to get the weight for ya. I will need to bring it in to work so it may be a couple days.

Thanks. Are the wing & mounts really that durable as shown on a bashing comp here?

Thanks. Are the wing & mounts really that durable as shown on a bashing comp here?

My video you referring to?

I only broke one wing in the year and a half of running my ET48.3 and that was in December cold, and it only took a small piece out of it. Never broke a wing mount.

I’ve never seen anyone ever break a Tekno wing mount.

I'd like one of these kits, please. :whistle:

Does a 6S softpack fit??

I can’t really say because I haven’t bashed it yet...been pretty modest with it. It’s still too new to me lol. But I can say it’s more stout than the Kraton wing mount. The Tekno is a bit shorter and thicker and it has a larger mounting surface than the Kraton. Plus i think the plastics are just better....they feel different.

I haven’t tried to put a 6S pack in it yet but I run two 2S 7600mah packs stacked on top of each other with plenty of strap left. I ran it the other day for about 30 minutes and it got dark so I stopped. I put them on the charger to storage charge them when I got home and they were both at 3.81V so I still had a lot of charge left on them.

Edit - Do the Tower Easy pay plus the $75 off and you can get it for $525. I’d say buy used but they are hard to find.....

Nice looking truggy

Thanks Overkill! I’ve read through your build thread over on RCTech a couple times and watched your videos over and over again. Your videos and that thread were the #1 things that sold me on the ET48. The “Air Time” video is awesome....probably watched that 10 times alone. Tekno should give you a free truck because I’m sure you have helped sell a few of these to the basher crowd.

Are you still running the Cordova motor?

Thanks Overkill! I’ve read through your build thread over on RCTech a couple times and watched your videos over and over again. Your videos and that thread were the #1 things that sold me on the ET48. The “Air Time” video is awesome....probably watched that 10 times alone. Tekno should give you a free truck because I’m sure you have helped sell a few of these to the basher crowd.

Are you still running the Cordova motor?
Awesome! I would enjoy that haha :) Yes, I'm running the Cordova.

Ohhhhhhh new motor option...

Ok guys I bought some 7600mah 3S batteries tonight and the straps aren’t quite long enough. The long strap barely makes it so running 6S tomorrow is out until I get longer straps. Anyone have a link?

Also, I plan to run 5S instead because I can fit a 3S and 2S no problem. The only thing that matters is that the discharge rates and capacity are the same correct? I have the MMX and it will automatically know I am running 5S right? Thanks for all the help guys!

Here are the batteries.

1C1978CF-4440-4069-9456-216909B58006.jpeg

Not ideal to run 2 packs in series as it always taxes one pack harder than the other. That being said you yes you're correct. You should run the same brand, c-rating and mah. Yes the MMX auto detects 5S. RcJuice has compact 5S and 6S hardcase packs that fit the battery tray with no issues. If it's not crucial for you to have 2S & 3S packs i'd definitely consider moving in that direction. As far as longer straps I'm not really sure.

Thanks Pauly. I will look into the dedicated packs next time I go to buy. My thought process was it would be better to have the smaller packs for future RCs but I don’t see my self going any smaller than 1/10 and a single 4S or 6S would work for those so my thinking is off lol. I’m stuck with them now though since I already opened them. Good thing I can run them though....between the 2 sets I have an easy 1.5 hours worth of runtime.

Thanks Pauly. I will look into the dedicated packs next time I go to buy. My thought process was it would be better to have the smaller packs for future RCs but I don’t see my self going any smaller than 1/10 and a single 4S or 6S would work for those so my thinking is off lol. I’m stuck with them now though since I already opened them. Good thing I can run them though....between the 2 sets I have an easy 1.5 hours worth of runtime.

I hear ya man. I have rigs where there's no other option but running packs in series. I needed Wraith 3S packs at one point so I bought 2 that would fit in series in the Tekno as well;) Sometimes you can kill 2 birds with one stone.:)

Recent Popular Liked

Back