• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Mongoose's ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda in the same boat more 2s packs than 3s packs.

Also, I meant to say that if you CAN fit a BLX185 in your MT410 then this Toro will fit as well.
Lol that's what I figured you meant. I really debated getting the ET48 over the MT410 but I just couldn't justify the extra $150 for a hash machine. Maybe I'll get an ET in the future.

Ive watched a few reviews and they seem to have nothing but good things to say about it. I'll have to look up that name on YouTube nothing better than extreme RC videos!

Ive had my eye on that tekno for quite a while. Gonna take time before I can afford it!

Save up and look for sales. They go on sale once in a while and add a coupon on top of that. Save even more.

From what I have read they hold up to anything you throw at them. Do a YouTube search for a guy named "Overkill" and watch the videos of the Cordova motor in his ET....absolutely ludicrous!

Also look for Savage Sam. He puts some abuse on a MT410.

Well I didn't get to mess with it last night and just started on it today. Looks like I have plenty of room between the Toro X8T motor and the Mamba Monster X. I'm wondering if I should be using Castle Connectors over the XT90's....what do you guys think? Any benefit over XT90's?
IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1462.JPG

@Mongoose I've not had any issues with the Castle Creations bullet connectors, but if you have a bunch of other stuff already using the XT90's then for simplicity I'd probably stick with them instead.

I wonder how much room I will have in my MT. Hopefully I get to finish that up this weekend.

I agree with WoodiE, that if everything you have runs XT90, I would stay with them as that system probably pulls the same amps as the Armma vehicles. I have all of my vehicles (except my mini revo but that takes completely different batteries) switched to XT150, but I also run 8s in my Baja 5B and that's why I upgraded them. If I didn't convert my Baja, I would have stayed with XT90 connectors.

I wonder how much room I will have in my MT. Hopefully I get to finish that up this weekend.

I have a Monster X with the Castle 2200kv in my SCT410.3, I have about the same clearance. MT410 and SCT410.3 use the same chassis.
I think all electric Tekno vehicles use roughly the same mounting locations on the chassis. Except the EB410.

I have a Monster X with the Castle 2200kv in my SCT410.3, I have about the same clearance. MT410 and SCT410.3 use the same chassis.
I think all electric Tekno vehicles use roughly the same mounting locations on the chassis. Except the EB410.
That is awesome to hear. I want sure if the truggy had more room because of the longer chassis. Anybody know what the longest can you can get in there is?

I'm curious to know the weight of an ET48.3 with everything except battery & wheels?

Liking it! I'm wanting to get the ET chassis for my MT410, essentially making it an ET48.
Have you seen the t-bone mud guards?
I don't have any on my MT410 but I've heard the Tekno one are kinda flimsy lexan and get beat up real fast. The T-bones are nylon and should hold up much longer.
https://tboneracing.net/collections/mt410/products/57022-tbr-rear-mud-guards-tekno-mt410

I've got the same soldering iron it's awesome!

Well guys I finally got it running and judging by the way it feels just in my living room on the hardwood this thing I going to be a beast! I will post some pics tomorrow night.

Very nice project.
I'm building the Eb-48.3
They are so well made and very nice to build

I'm kinda in the same boat more 2s packs than 3s packs.

Also, I meant to say that if you CAN fit a BLX185 in your MT410 then this Toro will fit as well.

My kit will be here sometime this week and I have a new blx185 combo coming also that I'm going to use in it. 4s and if I feel the need some 6s. Nice build, and rcjuice has got awesome customer service. I emailed them once and got a response in less then an hour.

Hey everyone, I just recently bought an ET48.3 and am currently in the middle of the build. I plan to keep this thread updated and report on any progress I have made.

Next step is electronics and power plant! Pics soon to come!

View attachment 3

My plan is to mimmik RC OFF-ROAD DOWNUNDER's ET. I think it's one of the cleanest ones I have seen...simple but clean.

Check him out on YouTube!

Specs

TKR5676A - Aluminum Tapered Rear Driveshaft
TKR5060C - Aluminum 25T Servo Horn
TKR5071C - Aluminum 2mm Offset Hex Nuts
TKR5262 - CNC Split Center Diff Mount
TKR5149A - Aluminum Differential Cross Pins
TKR5433 - Rear Arm Mudguards

Savox 1210SG Servo
Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC
Toro X8T Brushless Sensorless 1950kv Truggy Motor
DBoots Backflip tires
Tactic TTX300
Sweet dude you got one?

Looks great, always loved the look of truggys, this is one of the best looking in my opinion.

Well I didn't get to mess with it last night and just started on it today. Looks like I have plenty of room between the Toro X8T motor and the Mamba Monster X.View attachment 13

My ET48.3 arrives from Tower on Wednesday. I will be taking advantage of all the great tips I find on this site to help me build it right.

What is the blue material on your working surface? It looks good.

hey mongoose what is the rc downunders ET?

It’s a guy on YouTube’s name. I really like his paint scheme and I’m going to paint mine somewhat like his.

I'm curious to know the weight of an ET48.3 with everything except battery & wheels?

I will try to get the weight for ya. I will need to bring it in to work so it may be a couple days.

Sweet dude you got one?

Yes! I finally got one lol! I will need to sell my Kraton but I think it’s a good trade off. This thing is really stout and the suspension is so plush...I’m glad I made the switch. Don’t get me wrong the Kraton is awesome but this is in another league.

My ET48.3 arrives from Tower on Wednesday. I will be taking advantage of all the great tips I find on this site to help me build it right.

What is the blue material on your working surface? It looks good.

It’s a great kit and went together pretty easy for me even though it was my first time. You’ll really enjoy it. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them because it’s all still pretty fresh in my mind.

Do you know what wheels and tires you will be running? You may need extended wheel hexes depending on what you run. Don’t want you to finally get to putting the wheels on it only to find out your wheels lock up the drive train or rubs.

I would get some Green Slime to use when you build the shocks. The kit doesn’t come with it but it will be useful so you don’t tear the o-rings.

The blue surface is the Tekno Pit Mat. It’s great to have in case you drop a screw or something as it cushions it so the screw doesn’t bounce or roll off the table.

Edit - Also, if you don’t have the Tekno Multi-Tool then you will need a 12mm and 17mm box end wrench to tighten the hexes on the shock.

Recent Popular Liked

Back