• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 Pauly's Tekno DB48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, i just noticed in the woodie conversion thread buzz there used these exact mounts. i will definitely go with them IF I can find some, they seem to be gone too!

Yeah pretty much as far as I could see. They're the actual Nomad mounts as well and what I was originally gonna use, but couldn't find.:(

Yeah pretty much as far as I could see. They're the actual Nomad mounts as well and what I was originally gonna use, but couldn't find.:(

ah that's right, my bad... i identified them as the sc8.2e mounts, forgot that they were the same ones. crazy that they are not available any more?!?! doesn't make much sense.

ah that's right, my bad... i identified them as the sc8.2e mounts, forgot that they were the same ones. crazy that they are not available any more?!?! doesn't make much sense.

A lot of the Associated parts are back ordered at the moment. Not sure why, but it's quite annoying:LOL:

Looks good Pauly (y)

Thanks buddy:)

So I put a little scale touch on tonight. Kinda stole the idea from DMG. They actually make a mount to put the EXO radiator on the Bomber so I figured it was do-able:)

Hid the mount under the back panel so it's not visible. Threw some silver paint on the radiator core itself to break things up.

So I put a little scale touch on tonight. Kinda stole the idea from DMG. They actually make a mount to put the EXO radiator on the Bomber so I figured it was do-able:)

Hid the mount under the back panel so it's not visible. Threw some silver paint on the radiator core itself to break things up.

Looks great!

Very pleased:) This is the 3rd of this HW ESC I currently run and I run 2 of the motors. 4300KV in the SCT410.3 on 2S and this 3600KV in this rig on 3S. The other wing HW ESC is in my Kyosho SC6 2WD short course truck.

Did you have to adjust the ESC from hybrid to sensored?

Did you have to adjust the ESC from hybrid to sensored?

I am running it in full sensored mode. Full sensored mode is only compatible with a HW motor.

I am running it in full sensored mode. Full sensored mode is only compatible with a HW motor.

that is kind of weird, i can run my tekin motor sensored using the castle MMX, i wonder why HW stuff is proprietary. kind of a bummer if you wanna try a different sensored motor.

that is kind of weird, i can run my tekin motor sensored using the castle MMX, i wonder why HW stuff is proprietary. kind of a bummer if you wanna try a different sensored motor.
I was just looking into this after seeing the response from @Pauly. What I found, for the XR8 that I am using anyways, is that the ESC can run 3 ways.
1. Full sensorless
2. Full sensored only with capable Hobbywing sensored motors. I guess their hall sensor motors aren't capable.
3. Hybrid mode, which works with 99% of sensored motors where it runs sensored at low speeds and then switches to sensorless at speed.

Maybe it has something to do with their turbo and coast features on the ESC? I'm not really sure.

I was just looking into this after seeing the response from @Pauly. What I found, for the XR8 that I am using anyways, is that the ESC can run 3 ways.
1. Full sensorless
2. Full sensored only with capable Hobbywing sensored motors. I guess their hall sensor motors aren't capable.
3. Hybrid mode, which works with 99% of sensored motors where it runs sensored at low speeds and then switches to sensorless at speed.

Maybe it has something to do with their turbo and coast features on the ESC? I'm not really sure.

interesting. The "Hybrid Mode" is how (or similar to how) most work now, castle and tekin ESCs both. At high speed (I wonder at what % throttle) they switch to sensorless mode because it's apparently more efficient.
So then it sounds like the HW ESC would work fine with other sensored motors. I wonder what the benefit of the 'full sensorless' is then...

interesting. The "Hybrid Mode" is how (or similar to how) most work now, castle and tekin ESCs both. At high speed (I wonder at what % throttle) they switch to sensorless mode because it's apparently more efficient.
So then it sounds like the HW ESC would work fine with other sensored motors. I wonder what the benefit of the 'full sensorless' is then...
The benefit to full sensorless is that you don't need a sensored motor to use the esc. Or did you mean what is the benefit to full sensored? If so, that's what I am wondering as well but I would imagine that there is some sort of benefit to it. Maybe smoother getting on and off the throttle for cornering? I have no idea but I was starting to get pissed after I saw that sensored only works with Hobbywing motors as I chose the XR8 SCT over the MAX10 SCT bec and the sensored capabilites. But now I'm fine after finding out that it works just like all of the other sensored systems out there.

The benefit to full sensorless is that you don't need a sensored motor to use the esc. Or did you mean what is the benefit to full sensored? If so, that's what I am wondering as well but I would imagine that there is some sort of benefit to it. Maybe smoother getting on and off the throttle for cornering? I have no idea but I was starting to get pissed after I saw that sensored only works with Hobbywing motors as I chose the XR8 SCT over the MAX10 SCT bec and the sensored capabilites. But now I'm fine after finding out that it works just like all of the other sensored systems out there.

yeah, i mean what is the benefit of the HW-only "full sensored mode" .... I wonder how it compares to other brands that seem to be "hybrid" anyway. It makes sense to me - what is the need for sensored mode at 100% throttle? nothing! By seamlessly switching back and forth you get the best of both worlds...

yeah, i mean what is the benefit of the HW-only "full sensored mode" .... I wonder how it compares to other brands that seem to be "hybrid" anyway. It makes sense to me - what is the need for sensored mode at 100% throttle? nothing! By seamlessly switching back and forth you get the best of both worlds...

According to HW:

Option 2: Full Sensored.
You can select this option only when using a HOBBYWING matching motor (that means HOBBYWING new 1:8th motor without Hall sensor interference), the control
feeling will be better, the efficiency of the power system will be higher, and the turbo timing of the ESC can be activated to get the maximum burst power.
Note 7:
1) The Full Sensored mode can be effective only when you’re pairing this XR8 SCT/Plus ESC with a HOBBYWING’s matching motor like XERUN 4268/4274 G2.
2) If you’re using some other motor besides a HOBBYWING matching motor, the ESC will still identify the motor and automatically switch the drive mode to Sensored / Sensorless Hybrid
even if you’ve set it to Full Sensored

According to HW:

Option 2: Full Sensored.
You can select this option only when using a HOBBYWING matching motor (that means HOBBYWING new 1:8th motor without Hall sensor interference), the control
feeling will be better, the efficiency of the power system will be higher, and the turbo timing of the ESC can be activated to get the maximum burst power.
Note 7:
1) The Full Sensored mode can be effective only when you’re pairing this XR8 SCT/Plus ESC with a HOBBYWING’s matching motor like XERUN 4268/4274 G2.
2) If you’re using some other motor besides a HOBBYWING matching motor, the ESC will still identify the motor and automatically switch the drive mode to Sensored / Sensorless Hybrid
even if you’ve set it to Full Sensored
That is where I got my information from but couldn't remember exactly 100% what it all said and had already closed the manual for the esc. So it is the turbo feature that requires the full sensor mode. Thanks for the information @Pauly.

this is an awesome build! I'm really digging this. I may have to do this after my et48.3.

I searched for HPI107429 and Amain has it listed as discontinued.

found them here https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/hpi-body-mount-set-hpi107429.ir

in australia? ha ha. are you gonna grab em? i'm waiting on the TA part. i just noticed now their website says expected stock in SEPTEMBER! i wonder why the big delay.

Lol yeah. I did put my zip code in and it said it’d cost around 8 bucks to ship or maybe that was another webpage.

Pauly, what is the part number for your wheels? I looked for it but all I found were beadlocks.

Not to triple post here so I’ll edit my double post...lol

Rich from thercnetwork.com told me today that Tekno is actually making an official DB48....

19679885-5B2C-4EB7-92FC-C48AA1684A62.png

I asked him last night about a release date and Tekno told him around end of 2018 to early 2019.

I would love for this to happen. I will wait before buying up a sct kit and moding it and if they don't release one then I will just mod one up. I just love the look of this thing and it's reliability compared to the other brands. The losi rock rey seems to be meh and I've read so much on Axial's crappy support. Maybe I'm wrong but I did just return a yeti xl that just had so many issues.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back