• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What are your "Must Have" Tekno MT410 upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
The entire Tekno RC product line is pretty solid, certainly compared to many other brands out there. But even still there are always ways to improve and in this thread we'll list some of the most popular and recommended Tekno MT410 upgrades.

If you're new to the Tekno RC brand and about to build your MT410 there are a few required tools. We've detailed the tools you'll need in order to complete your MT410 build in our Tools for getting started with Tekno RC thread and recommend giving that a read!

Most Recommended Tekno MT410 Upgrades

Aluminum servo horn - Tekno includes a plastic servo horn with the MT410 kit that in most cases is easily eaten by most powerful servos. Save yourself the time and buy an aluminum servo horn. Most guys recommend the Tekno aluminum horn TKR5253B.

Aluminum shock caps - Tekno also includes plastic shock caps, but in many cases the plastic shock caps just don't hold up - at least in heavy bashing. Tekno also offers a great solution with the TKR6003 (vented aluminum shock caps) or TKR6003B (non-vented aluminum shock caps).

T-Bone Racing protection - Most of us are out bashing our MT410 monster trucks so we can use all the protection we can get and T-Bone Racing does just that. They offer a number of choices from front and rear bumpers, wheelie bars, and even mud guards here.

Rear and Center Braces - The Tekno MT410 is a very strong and durable RC monster truck, but it never hurts to have more protection. Adding an aluminum center and rear braces will do exactly that and makes your MT410 just that much more bullet-proof.

Steel Spur Gear - Tekno RC offers a lightened and hardened steel spur gear (TKR5115) that will certainly step up the durability of your drive train.

Those are just some of the most common suggested MT410 upgrades. If you have other suggested upgrades, please share them with us below.

If you're looking for other MT410 builds, be sure to check out our Tekno build threads!

Was looking at the aluminum shock caps, aluminum center diff mounts and the m2cracing braces aswell

The absolute first "must-have" upgrade is an aluminum servo horn. The stock one lasts about 5 minutes. The one I used is TKR5253B – Aluminum Servo Horn (25T spline). Purchased from Pete at Fierce RC Solutions who always has freaky-fast service.

Agreed, the must have is definitely the servo horn. I also went for the tekno horn and job done. As for optional upgrades, i'd say skid / bash plates just to offer a little more protection on the big jumps followed up by front and rear braces, followed by center diff upgrade

My Protek servo came with an aluminum horn, but I've not had issues with plastic ones on other rigs.. Shouldn't your servo saver bellcrank keep your plastic horn alive?

Aluminum servo horn, aluminum center diff mount, steel spur, from Tekno.
M2C Racing rear brace, center brace, rear tower brace. Would recommend the body post braces and ZRS shock caps from them also.
TBone bumpers/wheelie bar.

The other "must have" upgrade -- if you like to get some big air on jumps -- are the Tekno Aluminum Shock Cartridge Caps (part #TKR6015). I actually broke one the other day jumping over the local 12' tennis court fence!

I am putting mine together now, and I got the metal (lightened) center diff spur, the aluminum shock caps (top and bottom), adjuster rings, and the servo arm.

I also bought the M2C Racing center and rear braces.

I'm hoping it will be quite bullet proof when done.

TT

Anyone have references for this upgrade?

it seems like it provides good protection for electronics and I want to order it but anyone has it installed already???
I wonder if it fits well considering that I have the hobbywing max 8 combo

J Concepts: TEKNO MT410 OVERTRAY

----------quote--------
Fitting nicely under the body; the JConcepts part hugs the outside dimension of the chassis protecting the inside from unwanted and large amounts of excess debris build-up during dirty conditions.

The accessory fits snug around the entire chassis structure while being attached along the sides of the chassis with hook and loop tape (or Velcro if you prefer) for easy access. The overtray is built with height to provide extra room for various electrical and battery configurations but is still low enough for a clean fit and installation. There is a slight opening at the front-end which maneuvers around the steering assembly and top-deck and also an open rear-end to provide some natural air-flow in and out of the closure. The tray has large front and rear trim-able openings which can be detailed for air-in and escape.
-------unquote-------
source
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/tekno-mt410-overtray

2655_4.jpg

Let's see: m2c racing: center brace, rear brace, emulsion shock caps, rear tow blocks, shock cap delrin bushings, f/r shock tower braces, chassis, aluminum diff cases. Also all T-Bone bumpers and skid plate. Changing soon to extended ET chassis. I love mods and I usually get what looks good to me. Now I will look for that JConcepts cover ^^^ above. Oh has alloy rear hubs and universal axles. Losi center diff setup too. Acer ceramic bearings.

Cool I didn't know this chassis cover existed.
The rear alloy hubs are discontinued... I almost bought a set last year but they were sooo expensive for zero benefit.
What's the benefit of a steel spur? Added weight and noise... the Tekno drivetrain is already noisier than some others I've had, a steel spur would make it sound like a nitro haha

Before starting my build, I ordered the aluminum servo horn, aluminum shock caps and steel spur gear. I also went with a T-Bone wheelie bar.

Anyone have references for this upgrade?

it seems like it provides good protection for electronics and I want to order it but anyone has it installed already???
I wonder if it fits well considering that I have the hobbywing max 8 combo

J Concepts: TEKNO MT410 OVERTRAY

----------quote--------
Fitting nicely under the body; the JConcepts part hugs the outside dimension of the chassis protecting the inside from unwanted and large amounts of excess debris build-up during dirty conditions.

The accessory fits snug around the entire chassis structure while being attached along the sides of the chassis with hook and loop tape (or Velcro if you prefer) for easy access. The overtray is built with height to provide extra room for various electrical and battery configurations but is still low enough for a clean fit and installation. There is a slight opening at the front-end which maneuvers around the steering assembly and top-deck and also an open rear-end to provide some natural air-flow in and out of the closure. The tray has large front and rear trim-able openings which can be detailed for air-in and escape.
-------unquote-------
source
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/tekno-mt410-overtray

2655_4.jpg
I installed it and it works as they state it will. But motor temps are definitely affected.

I installed it and it works as they state it will. But motor temps are definitely affected.
That was the very first thing that crossed my mind was the motor, ESC and battery temps as I am sure that this probably greatly affects airflow inside the car. I like the concept of it though. Have you checked temps with and without it installed to know how much of a temperature jump you have with it on?

Reactions: Hye
I would like more information on the center diff upgrade. Some have mentioned a Losi diff. I also see that M2C Racing sells diff cases that use the same gears but hold more fluid. There may be others that I am not aware of. So, when a "Center Diff Upgrade" is mentioned for the MT410, what is it typically referring to? Will it also be applicable to the ET48.3?

Can’t say I’m a big believer in the losi diffs. Of all the cars I’ve had, I’ve only ever blown 1 diff and that was in my xxl2e the 3rd time I ran it. I sold the truck right after replacing it. Heck, I never even blew a diff my e-Revo

I would like more information on the center diff upgrade. Some have mentioned a Losi diff. I also see that M2C Racing sells diff cases that use the same gears but hold more fluid. There may be others that I am not aware of. So, when a "Center Diff Upgrade" is mentioned for the MT410, what is it typically referring to? Will it also be applicable to the ET48.3?
I’ve got an m2c center diff in my truggy. It can be used in all Tekno vehicles except the eb410.
It holds about twice the fluid, so the diff will run much cooler. Your silicone fluid will stay more consistent for longer periods...and handling characteristics will stay more consistent.

Can’t say I’m a big believer in the losi diffs. Of all the cars I’ve had, I’ve only ever blown 1 diff and that was in my xxl2e the 3rd time I ran it. I sold the truck right after replacing it. Heck, I never even blew a diff my e-Revo
You must be really good at shimming! I usually have pretty good luck, but the power we push through these things and the abuse we expose them to, it's not surprising to me when a diff gives out.

Recent Popular Liked

Back