• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Must overpower... TPPower 4050 incoming... esc location?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
I can’t resist overpowering my trucks, and I’ve never had a truck screaming for more power like this et48, but I will still take it in small steps.

So, step 1 of the overpower plan will be moving from the placeholder buggy motor I have been using to a nice conservative TPPower 4050 measuring 40x81mm, weighing 420 grams. I got the 1700kv winding, and the motor is rated for 2300 watts continuous and 5000 burst. I’ll run it with a 6s gens ace pack, 4500mah.

Obviously this is for bashing around, not racing.

Currently I am using a Mamba Monster X but that won’t fit with the new motor.

Can you recommend the best mounting point and method?

Putting the esc far back on the chassis means a long run of big thick wires. I am leaning towards mounting it over the steering assembly so it is close to the back of the motor.

Any pre-made plates for this? I see some from mc2 but they require other parts which I don’t yet have or need.

Thanks!

I can’t resist overpowering my trucks, and I’ve never had a truck screaming for more power like this et48, but I will still take it in small steps.

So, step 1 of the overpower plan will be moving from the placeholder buggy motor I have been using to a nice conservative TPPower 4050 measuring 40x81mm, weighing 420 grams. I got the 1700kv winding, and the motor is rated for 2300 watts continuous and 5000 burst. I’ll run it with a 6s gens ace pack, 4500mah.

Obviously this is for bashing around, not racing.

Currently I am using a Mamba Monster X but that won’t fit with the new motor.

Can you recommend the best mounting point and method?

Putting the esc far back on the chassis means a long run of big thick wires. I am leaning towards mounting it over the steering assembly so it is close to the back of the motor.

Any pre-made plates for this? I see some from mc2 but they require other parts which I don’t yet have or need.

Thanks!
Well you could spring for the new game changer chassis. A few of us are running it and it is awesome. Sooo much room on this chassis.

I had to grind out the receiver box to mount my MMX before I got the game changer chassis. Others have created custom esc mounts to put i various places but do note that the further back on the chassis you go the harder it is to get the stock body to fit. Most of the vertical room is toward the front. So your idea with mounting the MMX above the steering plate can work but you need to engineer a mount.

Thanks! I think I will stick with the stock chassis for now. I don’t mind how narrow it is (so far) but I’ve only had it running 2 or 3 times.

Sounds like you went straight back when you mounted your mmx (ie to where the receiver current sits).

I will have a look at that spot.

Yup, without changing to the M2C wide chassis, the best place is where the receiver box is. FYI, the M2C chassis has 5mm more room for the motor, so it's possible you could fit the ESC in the stock location depending on the motor wire clearance.

Recent Popular Liked

Back