• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Are there any ‘must-do’ mods that I should install during assembly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcway16

Reaction score
I’m looking at building up an MT410 and installing brand new Kraton 6S V5 electronics. You guys have helped me out saying that they will fit and that alll I will need is the Tekno 23T servo horn.

While assembling the kit, are there any ‘must-do’ modifications that I should make?...Such as shock caps that I have seen mentioned

The only absolute must is getting an aluminum servo horn. After that the truck will be good to go for at least awhile.

I did aluminum shock caps right away with my build so I didn’t have to mess with them again. But I wouldn’t delay my build to wait for some.
Everything else can be swapped out easily later.

The only absolute must is getting an aluminum servo horn. After that the truck will be good to go for at least awhile.

I did aluminum shock caps right away with my build so I didn’t have to mess with them again. But I wouldn’t delay my build to wait for some.
Everything else can be swapped out easily later.
I agree. I wish I would have done aluminum caps off the bat now I am waiting for fluid to arrive to replace the one I broke (which was my own fault not the kits. Apparently full speed into a steel Ballard doesn't bode well)

I agree. I wish I would have done aluminum caps off the bat now I am waiting for fluid to arrive to replace the one I broke (which was my own fault not the kits. Apparently full speed into a steel Ballard doesn't bode well)
Hate when they show up out of nowhere! ?

All my Tekno (48 stuff and SCT410.3) rigs got all the aluminum and delrin shock parts and extra boots and my ET48.3 that isnt setup for the track got the m2c racing center and rear chassis braces. I would recommend a couple sets of hinge pins, a set of arms to have on hand but those are the only things ive had to replace other than 1 settering link ball end on any of my rigs.

I agree the servo horn is the absolute must out of the box. I also went with the upgraded shock shafts from the start. After that I would suggest upgrade as things break. Me personally, I like to think my mt410 is an airplane so I have done the m2c go big or go home rear braces and center brace. I also blew the rear shocks so went to aluminum caps and derelin rear pistons while going up one step in spring stiffness. Again, this is from the way I drive the truck. I would suggest starting stock (except the servo horn and shock shafts) and adjust as needed. This truck is pretty stout!

plastic servo horn must be replaced. And you really want to check out mitch's "go big stay home" chassis upgrade. I installed the M2C braces when I was building it and glad I did. if you are going to bash and fly you will get them eventually if not now.

Attachments

• 20210109_213200.jpg
    20210109_213200.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 20210109_213346.jpg
    20210109_213346.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 193

Recent Popular Liked

Back