• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Must have EB410 upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WdotDynamite

Reaction score
There are a lot of upgrades that are nice. But these 3 are what i would consider "must have"

1. Aluminum shock caps! Absolute! The plastic caps are a pain in the.....well you get it. They can be used but the quality difference and ease of use compared to the aluminum is not even close. Trust me....if you can swing the 30 bucks do it!

2. Aluminum servo horn. The stock plastic horn strips fairly easy. Tekno makes a EB410 specific horn but only comes in a 25t. There are other options if you need a different tooth count.

3. MIP shock cartridges. These make the shocks work better longer. They eliminate the constant need to bleed the shocks.
Those are my most important upgrades

Sounds like Tekno hit a home run if there are only three upgrades needed. :D (y)

+ Lunsford Titanium Shock Standoffs (lifetime warranty)
+ Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles (lifetime warranty)
+ HoBao Hyper 10TT rear outer suspension pin 3x35mm screw backed with 3mm nut
+ Carbon Towers, Carbon center plate with fan mount

I've already picked up the servo horn. I guess I gotta pick up the shock caps. Everyone mentions how terrible the stock ones are.

I've already picked up the servo horn. I guess I gotta pick up the shock caps. Everyone mentions how terrible the stock ones are.
I did my original build with the stock.......it was extremely frustrating. Bought the aluminum caps and they go on soo smooth

You can get away from using the MIP cartridges and use some TLR shock limiters between the x-rings to accomplish the same thing. Did this before the MIP ones even came out. Works great!

I don't think the aluminum shock caps are necessary but definitely nice.

Honestly I think it does not need anything but an aluminum servo horn.

I did make these for one of my EB410's to help with chassis wear. I run it on a pretty abrasive track.
IMG_3013.JPG IMG_3015 2.JPG

I copied the shapes from the plastic T-bone. They are made of SS and are almost half as thick.

One thing that would be a good upgrade is a hard plastic wing unless you never crash or are worried about weight.

Ive always been the type to slowly upgrade. But ill be honest I wish I would have listened to everyone about the shock caps.....maybe some get better ones than others. Mine were a pain in the ass

Ive always been the type to slowly upgrade. But ill be honest I wish I would have listened to everyone about the shock caps.....maybe some get better ones than others. Mine were a pain in the ass

The first upgrade should be shocks caps, ppl have tried to squeeze them with pliers to make them fit but, they just leak. I rebuild the shock after every race day and sometimes during racing depending on the conditions.

If you run on an abrasive track like the one I do then chassis skid plates are a nice addition.
I made some of my own from SS.
IMG_3013.JPG IMG_3015 2.JPG

Recent Popular Liked

Back