• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 BIG BLOCK BUILD - RC_User

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 6s with a 21T pinion you're geared to do around 85 mph... probably 90+ with tire ballooning.
To slow down You'd have to remove the center brace to slide the motor closer and run a smaller pinion, I think 19t is the smallest then which would still only get you down to around 80mph. Smaller tires would help even more. dropping to 6.5in tire (the most common MT size for proline) youd drop around 8mph more, dropping down to the smaller badlands youd be around 70mph...

If I ran 6s I'd go with a smaller motor so you can run a wide variety of gears to easily get the speed you're after. If I go up to 6s I'll probably throw the Tekin motor back on and hope it doesn't melt.
Check out the Cordova motor Overkill has in his thread "my slow truggy" (it's anything but!) He had the tp4070 and says the Cordova is much better.
That motor looks amazing but it' s very pricey and hard to get. So i might go for a TP4070 1520KV

Where can I find the speed Calc?
I think it's called scriptasylum. Com or something like that

i found a real castle 1717 1650kv for 100$. Should i buy it ? knowing that i only have proline trencher 40, 6s power and 20T or 22T pinion. Will i run into heat issue on the motor ?

i found a real castle 1717 1650kv for 100$. Should i buy it ? knowing that i only have proline trencher 40, 6s power and 20T or 22T pinion. Will i run into heat issue on the motor ?

Your call, keep in mind on 6s it'll have a really high top speed due to the pinion limitation... i haven't run on 6s so I can't comment on heat but on 4s it stays cool enough to rest my hand on it, last time I hit it with a temp gun it was around 135. The ESC gets hotter than the motor! if it's a genuine 1717 $100 is a good deal if it's in good shape. you could probably get all of your money back on it later if you decide not to keep it.

Your call, keep in mind on 6s it'll have a really high top speed due to the pinion limitation... i haven't run on 6s so I can't comment on heat but on 4s it stays cool enough to rest my hand on it, last time I hit it with a temp gun it was around 135. The ESC gets hotter than the motor! if it's a genuine 1717 $100 is a good deal if it's in good shape. you could probably get all of your money back on it later if you decide not to keep it.
Well i really hope i'll be fine and happy. This will be my third motor for my et48.3 and really want to be happy with it. Esc wise, i'll be fine i have a max6. The motor is a real one only used 2 times on 4s and pulled out of an xo1 and in perfect shape. And what about power? With such a ratio and big tires does the motor easily pull the truck and accelerate instantly when you press the trigger?

Well i really hope i'll be fine and happy. This will be my third motor for my et48.3 and really want to be happy with it. Esc wise, i'll be fine i have a max6. The motor is a real one only used 2 times on 4s and pulled out of an xo1 and in perfect shape. And what about power? With such a ratio and big tires does the motor easily pull the truck and accelerate instantly when you press the trigger?

I've got my punch control at 100% so that i don't beat up my drivetrain, so no backflips or instant power to share about unfortuantely. Spec-wise Castle shows the 1717 is only rated 120A like the 1515, so my guess is that power-wise there isn't much difference. i think the main difference is that the 1717 runs a lot cooler since it was designed for a car doing max throttle speed runs constantly, not really about acceleration, so I'm guessing higher amperage / torque wasn't a big requirement. The TP4070 pulls significantly more amps (looking at the TP motor specs, the 1520kv pulls 230amps vs the 1717's 120A!) and would likely easily outperform the 1717 but with a much higher load on the ESC.
I went with the 1717 purely for 4s and never having to worry about temperatures regardless of tires or gearing or terrain. if i was looking for a 6s motor I would probably look at something else since the slowest you'll be able to go is around 70mph with small truggy wheels... I don't think i've read anyone being dissatisfied with the TP motors. I do wish there were more ensoreds options though, TP does make one close to the 4070 that is sensored, can't recall which part number it is off the top of my head. If the Tekno chassis wasn't so tight and had room for a longer motor w/o having to relocate the ESC I would have went for that motor instead and gotten the benefit of both sensored and higher output.
If I were you i'd go for the 1717 since you found one for a smoking price. if it doesn't work for you, you could sell it and not lose much if anything.

I've got my punch control at 100% so that i don't beat up my drivetrain, so no backflips or instant power to share about unfortuantely. Spec-wise Castle shows the 1717 is only rated 120A like the 1515, so my guess is that power-wise there isn't much difference. i think the main difference is that the 1717 runs a lot cooler since it was designed for a car doing max throttle speed runs constantly, not really about acceleration, so I'm guessing higher amperage / torque wasn't a big requirement. The TP4070 pulls significantly more amps (looking at the TP motor specs, the 1520kv pulls 230amps vs the 1717's 120A!) and would likely easily outperform the 1717 but with a much higher load on the ESC.
I went with the 1717 purely for 4s and never having to worry about temperatures regardless of tires or gearing or terrain. if i was looking for a 6s motor I would probably look at something else since the slowest you'll be able to go is around 70mph with small truggy wheels... I don't think i've read anyone being dissatisfied with the TP motors. I do wish there were more ensoreds options though, TP does make one close to the 4070 that is sensored, can't recall which part number it is off the top of my head. If the Tekno chassis wasn't so tight and had room for a longer motor w/o having to relocate the ESC I would have went for that motor instead and gotten the benefit of both sensored and higher output.
If I were you i'd go for the 1717 since you found one for a smoking price. if it doesn't work for you, you could sell it and not lose much if anything.
Thanks for all thoses precious informations. I think i'm going to buy it since it's still an excellent motor brand and if i'm not entirely satisfied i have a few option. I could run 4s like you and be plenty satisfied with speed but i'm wondering : is this setup hard on a 4S pack ? (because 55mph on 4s is extremely quick). And what lipo do you use.
Or i could try to fit a 46T spur but i don't think it would make a big difference.
Finally i could buy new tires like the regular badlands.
I don't know wich one is the best but it's probably easier to buy a 4s (only if they don't get too stressed). I'm might try 3s for fun since it'll still do arround 40mph.

Thanks for all thoses precious informations. I think i'm going to buy it since it's still an excellent motor brand and if i'm not entirely satisfied i have a few option. I could run 4s like you and be plenty satisfied with speed but i'm wondering : is this setup hard on a 4S pack ? (because 55mph on 4s is extremely quick). And what lipo do you use.
Or i could try to fit a 46T spur but i don't think it would make a big difference.
Finally i could buy new tires like the regular badlands.
I don't know wich one is the best but it's probably easier to buy a 4s (only if they don't get too stressed). I'm might try 3s for fun since it'll still do arround 40mph.

Get the 1717 and a 21T pinion and be done. if its too fast (is that possible? ha ha) set the ESC or radio to reduce the throttle %. at least on 6s you should have the instant power you're wanting, you can always reduce top speed easily. if you have 6s batteries already, no point to get 4s batteries.

Get the 1717 and a 21T pinion and be done. if its too fast (is that possible? ha ha) set the ESC or radio to reduce the throttle %. at least on 6s you should have the instant power you're wanting, you can always reduce top speed easily. if you have 6s batteries already, no point to get 4s batteries.
You are right. I'm gonna get this motor and will test different configs. I'll let you know how it turned out

You are right. I'm gonna get this motor and will test different configs. I'll let you know how it turned out

Cool. It can be a hard decision. I would probably suggest a TP if you didn't get the 1717 so cheap. but then you have to relocate the ESC so it all depends on how important cost and effort is for you. i was lazy and wanted something i could slap in and knew would work well for 4s since i ran this motor on two other vehicles previously.

Cool. It can be a hard decision. I would probably suggest a TP if you didn't get the 1717 so cheap. but then you have to relocate the ESC so it all depends on how important cost and effort is for you. i was lazy and wanted something i could slap in and knew would work well for 4s since i ran this motor on two other vehicles previously.
Yes the price and the fact that this motor is very rare makes me want to take the opportunity. My esc is already relocated on a top plate because a max6 won't fit the stock position anyway

Finally something new. Decided to see how a wing would look.

I didn't realize there was a v1 wing that mounted higher. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until I already bought the current one that will put the wing down too low to clear the body. So the old v1 mount is on the way.

The wrong mount.
20180611_203318.jpg

Wing showed up a few days late after USPS sent it to the wrong city.
20180611_235633.jpg

Exotek XL titanium buttons vs stock Tekno.
20180611_203211.jpg

Assembled for kicks
20180611_204111.jpg

Thanks I have that one but its quite old and doesn't have the EB48.3 info

You just have to calculate the EBs diff ratio. Ring gears are usually 10T and the pinion varies from 9-12T. The EB48.3 has a 10T pinion and a 40T ring for a ratio of 4.00.

Per the Tekno site here is what they are.

EB48.4 3.333

EB48.3: 4.000

MT410: 4.444
Site says 10t diff pinion (which would make the ratio 4.0) but Manual shows 9t. pretty sure it is a 9T. it SHOULD be considering the big tires we run, it should be geared at least as low as the truggy...

ET48.3: 4.444

The v1 mount arrived.

20180613_182750.jpg

V1 vs V2: You can see how the V1 is higher. The V2 seems to be designed a little beefier though.

20180613_214614.jpg

20180613_214912.jpg

Wing and speed stickers on.

20180613_223756.jpg

20180614_194512.jpg

Next step is seeing how much of the body I need to hack up.

I cut a small section out of the bed to try to get this to fit with minimal modification to the body.

Unfortunately the body is up high, the wing still needs a lot of clearance to sit down on the mount, I'd have to hack away half of the truck bed. I may abort this mission for now.
The good news is that the mount fits perfectly under the body and will act as a hidden bumper!

20180614_225150.jpg

20180614_225142.jpg

20180614_225101.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back