• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 BIG BLOCK BUILD - RC_User

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but I'm talking a sensored 1717 like you have or bigger can low kV and a Max8 or Max5 size ESC.

Right, I meant if a Chinese company made one, it wouldn't cost any more than a higher end brand in a standard 40/42mm can size. A 1717 can size in sensored I highly doubt would ever happen since it's a weird half-way can size between 1/8 and 1/5 scale. As far as I know that motor is only used in two Traxxas vehicles.
Looks like TP does make the TP4060 in sensored but I'm only seeing it on their europe site... that would be killer, 92.5mm length. 1717 is 85mm long. but 40mm can vs 46mm

Talking about servos recently and servo horns I looked closer at the angle between my servo and bellcrank. The Protek 130T servo came with an aluminum horn, which I never thought about but since it sits lower (like a tekno) the angle is almost perfect. I see some people use spacers on the bellcrank to get the linkage level. I might throw a small spacer on mine to do that, even though it has never been any kind of issue...
Also thinking about getting a clamp type horn. I've noticed that these aluminum type horns that just press on don't usually fit snugly on the splines so it's important to get the top screw tight. a clamp type would be extra insurance there.

20180419_181932.jpg

20180419_181955.jpg

I also still need to install my aluminum shock caps, but Pauly has me thinking about going with emulsion, in which I think I'd need to get the other type of caps, so I'm not sure on this yet.
20180419_222223.jpg

Some goodies came in.

Someone mentioned the rear aluminum hubs, which Tekno discontinued long ago. I've been looking for a set and found some, a guy near me actually has a few sets left. They are really expensive and I think have zero benefit but since they are almost impossible to find any more I wanted to give it one last try to locate a set. If anyone wants to know where I found them let me know, he has a few sets left.

Also the t bone racing mud guards. They're really thick. Really hard, I'm wondering if you hit them hard enough if they'd crack.

20180420_224508.jpg

20180420_225710.jpg

20180420_232046.jpg

20180420_230158.jpg

20180420_225441.jpg

20180420_230007.jpg

More to come tomorrow...

Got the alum plates. They are fantastic. Seriously, I can't believe m2c or kingheadz hasn't made these. I highly recommend getting them. Fit is spot on. Im impressed how perfectly they fit. With the rear diff out i can flex the chassis and see the rear diff mount move toward the front, so I know the alum center diff plate is stiffening this thing up. I'd think the same for the steering plate. I actually returned the m2c center brace and asked then to exchange it but for some reason they refunded me instead, maybe because they were on backorder so the stock braces go back for now. With the alum center diff plate in I may not need the rear center brace now and that would give me the motor clearance I need to gear down more.

20180421_224823.jpg

20180421_232052.jpg

20180421_231939.jpg

Very nice pieces and upgrades. Thanks for the detailed write up too.

Right, I meant if a Chinese company made one, it wouldn't cost any more than a higher end brand in a standard 40/42mm can size. A 1717 can size in sensored I highly doubt would ever happen since it's a weird half-way can size between 1/8 and 1/5 scale. As far as I know that motor is only used in two Traxxas vehicles.
Looks like TP does make the TP4060 in sensored but I'm only seeing it on their europe site... that would be killer, 92.5mm length. 1717 is 85mm long. but 40mm can vs 46mm
You can order the 4260 in sensored form through email takes a couple of months though, but it is very powerful and smooth as well . Comparable to an old castle 1717 1580 that I run back to back in an converted lst XXL . I bought the 6d 1650kv version it was less than $140.00 shipped give a try
I am also running a castle mmx esc .

You can order the 4260 in sensored form through email takes a couple of months though, but it is very powerful and smooth as well . Comparable to an old castle 1717 1580 that I run back to back in an converted lst XXL . I bought the 6d 1650kv version it was less than $140.00 shipped give a try
I am also running a castle mmx esc .

Nice! Do you still have It?

Looking good buddy. My aluminum plates should be in tomorrow.:)

The T-Bone mud guards are definitely nice and thick and fit perfectly.

Tekno doesn't sell the ET motor mount insert by itself anymore for some reason, but you can find them on eBay with the whole ET motor mount bundle. There's more room on the receiver box side once you shave it off.
Actually I did get that mount by itself from Speed RC in N Carolina. 18$ ordered Sun night, shipped Mon, got it Tues before 12. Most of thier prices on Tekno parts seem to be a few bucks cheaper.

Actually I did get that mount by itself from Speed RC in N Carolina. 18$ ordered Sun night, shipped Mon, got it Tues before 12. Most of thier prices on Tekno parts seem to be a few bucks cheaper.

Nice I see they have the rear alum hubs too and cheaper than I paid for them. Wish i had found speedrc before!

Nice I see they have the rear alum hubs too and cheaper than I paid for them. Wish i had found speedrc before!
I kept Google-ing till I found a US seller. Got lucky. Don't think he will get a re stock on that.

Great looking build. I had looked into this truck before i got my 5th scale. This is giving me the itch again lol

Finally got the one upgrade that I actually might need.

20180426_201115.jpg

I assume the three really long screws it comes with are for another rig... ET wing mount?

Not a fan of the thin white plastic spacer. Gonna see if I have an alum one laying around...

Nice. From your previous pics in my thread that looks like the V2 brace. I agree on the Delrin spacer. It is and odd size too so I just used it. I think I asked Pauly 5x where all these damn screws go. Charge me an extra $Dollar and write a sentence on a pice of paper with some guidelines. I am not an idiot so I can finger it out but fudge you with no instructions already.

Nice. From your previous pics in my thread that looks like the V2 brace. I agree on the Delrin spacer. It is and odd size too so I just used it. I think I asked Pauly 5x where all these damn screws go. Charge me an extra $Dollar and write a sentence on a pice of paper with some guidelines. I am not an idiot so I can finger it out but fudge you with no instructions already.

When i first opened the bag i was like 'what are all these screws!' but it was actually really easy once you take a closer look.
yeah it appears to be the v2. I did a bunch of measuring on that spacer. It's 3/16 long, O.D. is a weird size but the top of the brace is slightly larger OD at 5/16" which would give it a little more contact area than this spacer. Inside diameter is around 5/32 but it isn't critical as long as it's at least 4mm inside.. i found what i think would work great on ebay for $6 for 50 of them but since I only need one it seems a bit silly to buy 50 of em. maybe i could sell them for $1 a piece to everyone. ha ha.

They actually used to come with an aluminum spacer before the delrin ones.

Recent Popular Liked

Back