• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 rear wing adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sissy lettice

Reaction score
Decided to try and put a wing on my new (to me) MT410 (original size). I'm not really a fan of the look, but I added one to my Granite last year and the protection it offered to the rear of the body was well worth it. I know folks have already documented this here, but I wanted to mount a wing without cutting off the entire tail gate portion.
I used the low profile wing mount and added some custom made CF plates to position the wing right where I wanted it.
The wheelie bar in pics has been removed as it's not necessary with the wing in place.
The body is what came with the truck (from eBay) and appears to have been painted with finger paint, so try to ignore that for now.

IMG_0773.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpegIMG_0754.jpegIMG_0755.jpegIMG_0757.jpegIMG_0759.jpegIMG_0760.jpegIMG_0763.jpegIMG_0766.jpeg

Wait so the low profile wing mount does work with the stock towers?
Yes it attaches no problem to stock tower, but it's not long enough for a truck body to attach without cutting the tailgate off.

Things were great for awhile, but after planting the rear end off a 7' jump... maybe I was a bit optimistic using 1mm carbon fiber for this...
IMG_0777.jpegIMG_0776.jpeg
Milled a new set using 3mm Kydex and will report back how it holds up.

Took some big hits today, and the .125" Kydex held up no problem.
Here's a pic with the Kydex extensions and a new C-10 body almost ready for paint.
IMG_0781.jpeg

I use the low profile wing mounts and it fits perfekt!
But I use a Beetle body with LWB Chassis ;)

20210425_155454.jpg

Same lexan body three years later (I don't like unbreakables)
20230811_093406.jpg

The hole in the window is for my insta360go2

Wow, that's an impressive amount of time on one body.
Is that the T-bone front bumper in 2nd pic?
I will probably tweak the wing H and V position when I decide on a final resting place for the C10 body, but it definitely needs to move back some and up some from stock positions

Took some big hits today, and the .125" Kydex held up no problem.
Here's a pic with the Kydex extensions and a new C-10 body almost ready for paint.
View attachment 10156
Nice job, looks factory!👍I too enjoy the body protection a wing adds. Only downfall is the tail landings..

Recent Popular Liked

Back