• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 backflip help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sissy lettice

Reaction score
Enjoying my first MT410 (the original version) and I'm coming from an Arrma Granite BLX. With the granite I have no problem getting it to rotate in the air. Even a few feet is enough for a casual backflip. But my MT410 just isn't rotating with authority. When attempting a simple backflip, I keep ending up on my tail even with 5-6' of air. I've seen videos of the MT410 rotating with great authority in the air, and am wondering if anyone has an idea for why my setup is making this difficult.

-Castle Creations MonsteX/1515 sensored 2200kV
-16t pinion
-4s 5000mah
-dBoots Backflip LPs

Higher punch, bigger pinion, thicker oil all around... I'd guess it's significantly heavier than your granite.

Or just go 6s :cool:

That should backflip with ease.

Could also be getting air without enough throttle left to increase your wheel speed enough.

Higher punch, bigger pinion, thicker oil all around... I'd guess it's significantly heavier than your granite.

Or just go 6s :cool:
Thanks, for the recommendations y'all. I'm going to try a 20t pinion and will disable "punch" on the MonsterX which I had set to 50% and forgot about until you mentioned it.

Thanks, for the recommendations y'all. I'm going to try a 20t pinion and will disable "punch" on the MonsterX which I had set to 50% and forgot about until you mentioned it.
18t is a good medium. You can still run it hard without overheating.

Make sure there is a reasonable amount of fluid in your center diff, the thickest (heavier weight) the better.

It's probably your punch control, my MT410 with 2000kv, 17T, has no problem backflipping on 4s, even with some (but not full) M2C upgrades adding weight.

Well, I did both things at once and was getting all the rotation I needed today even on 3s. I actually preferred the way it handled on 3s with the 20t pinion (and punch disabled).
Thanks again everyone, problem solved...

Recent Popular Liked

Back