• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410 2.0 MT410 2.0 with larger than 1/10 MT tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee82gx

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I didn't imagine that after having a few Arrma 1/8 MT's I'd consider a 1/10, but it seems probable that it fits easier with my car trunk, and my apartment storage space (100% stored in either the car trunk in a storage box or in 18" deep wall cabinets. (My wife does not like to see anything sticking out...well maybe only 1 thing which I shan't mention here :p)
I alrready have a 2WD Gorgon which is fun as heck but a bit less capable.

I'm thinking about building a MT410 2.0, but I'm a little concerned about the wheel sizing and ground clearance here..

There is no physical unit to check in my area, it'll be 100% online purchase.

So question -
Can it run with a dboots backflip 4S 154mm 3.8" tyres? I know the hex is 12mm on the standard 2.0 but I reckon a 3rd party one will be available by hook or by crook. Actually there are knock offs from China of those tyres that come with 12mm, 14mm and 17mm exchangable hubs.

Is there sufficient steering clearance, body clearance and drivetrain robustness to handle those tyres?

on 3s and on 4s (example Motor / ESC is Hobbywing 3670 2400kv with 10bl120)

Or am I stuck with 2.8 tyres and that'll be it? I am mostly looking to do stunts such as backflips off a ramp but with very very short take off, which is why I'm hoping to use as large a tyre as possible for air control. Silly me of course.

Hi y'all. I didn't imagine that after having a few Arrma 1/8 MT's I'd consider a 1/10, but it seems probable that it fits easier with my car trunk, and my apartment storage space (100% stored in either the car trunk in a storage box or in 18" deep wall cabinets. (My wife does not like to see anything sticking out...well maybe only 1 thing which I shan't mention here :p)
I alrready have a 2WD Gorgon which is fun as heck but a bit less capable.

I'm thinking about building a MT410 2.0, but I'm a little concerned about the wheel sizing and ground clearance here..

There is no physical unit to check in my area, it'll be 100% online purchase.

So question -
Can it run with a dboots backflip 4S 154mm 3.8" tyres? I know the hex is 12mm on the standard 2.0 but I reckon a 3rd party one will be available by hook or by crook. Actually there are knock offs from China of those tyres that come with 12mm, 14mm and 17mm exchangable hubs.

Is there sufficient steering clearance, body clearance and drivetrain robustness to handle those tyres?

on 3s and on 4s (example Motor / ESC is Hobbywing 3670 2400kv with 10bl120)

Or am I stuck with 2.8 tyres and that'll be it? I am mostly looking to do stunts such as backflips off a ramp but with very very short take off, which is why I'm hoping to use as large a tyre as possible for air control. Silly me of course.
I think you would be quite happy with 2.8 MT tyres. Bearing in mind it’s a short wheelbase 1:10 truck that isn’t super heavy like a Traxxas Maxx.

I reckon it would flip in the air very well, especially on 4S.

Attempting to fit bigger tyres probably wouldn’t work as I’m pretty sure they would rub on the body shell at full lock and would add a lot of weight to the truck which would hinder it’s handling, I can imagine it traction rolling really easily with big tyres.

I can't self-right when flipped on its back with 2.8 badlands (on 4s with a 1/8 buggy motor). The 7500mah gens ace redline battery might be contributing to the weight that doesn't help...

Recent Popular Liked

Back