• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 1.0 Drive Shaft troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naibiru

Reaction score
I'm having a consistent issue with rear drive shafts breaking at the dogbone end.

I'm really bad at describing things so bear with me.

It's usually a very clean snap. It never happens after a crash. It always seems to happen after a backflip and landing on the wheels. Be it a 1 foot jump or 8 foot, it breaks on landing. I've tightened my droop screws all the way down trying to fix the issue, but that doesn't change anything. From what I can tell, the drive shaft isn't falling out of the cup. I've upgraded to the m2c shafts, but it still broke them both on the rear in the same place. My most recent break was me backflipping over plastic tubing outline the track. Very small, No more then 6 inches off the ground, landing on the wheels just trying to get back on the track, and then it snapped.
When I have the car in hand, no matter how much I pull and tug on the wheels/arms, I can't get the dogbone to even come close to falling out. I'm very puzzled.

I'm not a hard basher. The biggest jumps i have access to are the jumps at my local dirt track.

Very basic Setup
Max8 2050
Badlands 3.8
Standard body
Run on 4s

What you're describing is a symptom of landing on power. You should try to not do that or things will break.

Do you have pictures of the end of the driveshafts in the cups?

Recent Popular Liked

Back