• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Slevin’s Tekno ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annnnnnnnnd built!

A296E8A2-7D16-4773-B5A0-4302250E71CD.jpeg

Still have to purchase and add the electronics though. In due time. Next up is painting and decaying the body. Nothing fancy.

I did find one discrepancy though in the instructions or maybe it has been mentioned somewhere as not needed but take a look at the pictures below....

Notice how in the instructions it has plastic to screw in a screw? (See the red handy dandy circle I drew)

3A8508A4-C123-476A-A4F0-722BFEE4F69A.jpeg

Now on the actual part there isn’t a place to screw in the screw. There is a hole in the chassis to do so but no where for it to latch on to. (Again, see handy dandy red circle and frawny face)

423AF195-57B2-4840-8CB6-9BE763BC50DF.jpeg

Am I missing something?

No you’re not missing anything. I had the same dilemma and found out it was a design change that didn’t make it into the manual LOL!

No you’re not missing anything. I had the same dilemma and found out it was a design change that didn’t make it into the manual LOL!
Awesome thanks! That is what I figured but wanted to make sure. Now I can sleep tonight! o_O

I’ve got no update to my build. I’m still waiting to purchase electronics. I’m hoping for the beginning of September to do so. I’m pretty dead set on the Tekin RX8. I’m still up in the air on the motor.

I gave my build a once through and tightened down some screws that were a bit lose that I had forgotten to tighten down during the build. It is super solid. I might change out the center diff fluid from stock to 100k.

I just ordered scissors and a reamer and should be here by Friday. I’m going to try and get the body painted and decaled this weekend.

Coming along nicely; you've got some serious patience! I tried to take my time to enjoy the build but this is impressive :p

Have you got plans for the paint scheme?

Coming along nicely; you've got some serious patience! I tried to take my time to enjoy the build but this is impressive :p

Have you got plans for the paint scheme?
Yeah I have to have patient because we are on a tight budget! In the mean time I drive around my rustler.

As far as paint scheme goes, it will just be a solid color. I’m gong with gun metal. At some point I want to get an airbrush system and start doing some fancy stuff but that will have to wait for awhile. I’ve been coming up with different designs on paper.

Yeah I have to have patient because we are on a tight budget! In the mean time I drive around my rustler.

As far as paint scheme goes, it will just be a solid color. I’m gong with gun metal. At some point I want to get an airbrush system and start doing some fancy stuff but that will have to wait for awhile. I’ve been coming up with different designs on paper.
I'm in the process of starting to get into airbrushing. I just bought the compressor and regulator with a built in water filter. Now the only things left are the airbrush and the paint, which I would have had but the wife spent more than anticipated for back to school shopping for the kid. I am really excited to try it out and will start with a simple one or two color job for my first to get the hang of it.

I'm looking forward to see your ET running and am excited to see what motor you pick out.

I'm in the process of starting to get into airbrushing. I just bought the compressor and regulator with a built in water filter. Now the only things left are the airbrush and the paint, which I would have had but the wife spent more than anticipated for back to school shopping for the kid. I am really excited to try it out and will start with a simple one or two color job for my first to get the hang of it.

I'm looking forward to see your ET running and am excited to see what motor you pick out.
What air compressor did you get? What airbrush are you planning to buy?

I’ve watched several videos on airbrushing RC bodies. I did buy a cheap harbor freight HVLP sprayer for doing the liquid mask. This is the one I purchased: https://m.harborfreight.com/air-tools/paint/20-fl-oz-hvlp-gravity-feed-air-spray-gun-62300.html

I’m not entirely sure how much I want to spend on an airbrush. Typically I tend to buy high quality as not to waste money on crap only to have to purchase another.

Can’t wait to see what your first paint job looks like!

What air compressor did you get? What airbrush are you planning to buy?

I’ve watched several videos on airbrushing RC bodies. I did buy a cheap harbor freight HVLP sprayer for doing the liquid mask. This is the one I purchased: https://m.harborfreight.com/air-tools/paint/20-fl-oz-hvlp-gravity-feed-air-spray-gun-62300.html

I’m not entirely sure how much I want to spend on an airbrush. Typically I tend to buy high quality as not to waste money on crap only to have to purchase another.

Can’t wait to see what your first paint job looks like!
I got this California Air Tools compressor. My local Menards had it on clearance for like $70 so I couldn't pass it up. I was a little iffy on it running inside but it is quite and can't be heard on the floor above me. I got this Paasche Filter from my LHS.

I am planning on getting these two airbrushes to try a siphon brush as well as a gravity feed brush.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006N72T...olid=2RGWPWIM7P28P&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765T2P5...olid=2RGWPWIM7P28P&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I know for doing single color and very simple paint jobs like I am planning that the siphon brush is more suited for it as it can hold a lot more paint. This is the reason behind me getting a nicer siphon brush and a cheap gravity feed brush. And if I find myself using the gravity brush more and more I will invest in a nicer one.

Here is a video of a comparison between an Iwata and what I believe to be the cheap brush I have linked, and for me just beginning, I think either one will be fine for me. I am normally like you though, and tend to go above and beyond and only buy once but I'm trying it because it's $17 LOL.

I got this California Air Tools compressor. My local Menards had it on clearance for like $70 so I couldn't pass it up. I was a little iffy on it running inside but it is quite and can't be heard on the floor above me. I got this Paasche Filter from my LHS.

I am planning on getting these two airbrushes to try a siphon brush as well as a gravity feed brush.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006N72T...olid=2RGWPWIM7P28P&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765T2P5...olid=2RGWPWIM7P28P&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I know for doing single color and very simple paint jobs like I am planning that the siphon brush is more suited for it as it can hold a lot more paint. This is the reason behind me getting a nicer siphon brush and a cheap gravity feed brush. And if I find myself using the gravity brush more and more I will invest in a nicer one.

Here is a video of a comparison between an Iwata and what I believe to be the cheap brush I have linked, and for me just beginning, I think either one will be fine for me. I am normally like you though, and tend to go above and beyond and only buy once but I'm trying it because it's $17 LOL.

That’s a great video. I’ve watched it before. I was thinking of getting something like this : http://www.tcpglobal.com/ECOKIT-17.html#.W3VdFqROmaN

I’m just not sure if it is powerful enough. I haven’t done enough research on it. Plus it comes with two different airbrushes. All I would need to paint.

The two brushes you posted look great. I know the one is cheap but it’ll probably work just fine! I was looking for the Parma F-1 since the interwebz believe it to be a highly rated airbrush but I don’t think it is made anymore.

That’s a great video. I’ve watched it before. I was thinking of getting something like this : http://www.tcpglobal.com/ECOKIT-17.html#.W3VdFqROmaN

I’m just not sure if it is powerful enough. I haven’t done enough research on it. Plus it comes with two different airbrushes. All I would need to paint.

The two brushes you posted look great. I know the one is cheap but it’ll probably work just fine! I was looking for the Parma F-1 since the interwebz believe it to be a highly rated airbrush but I don’t think it is made anymore.
I believe that it only comes with 1 airbrush but the holder can hold 2. I originally looked at a compressor like that but I ultimately decided that I wanted a compressor with a tank so that the compressor isn't running 100% of the time while i'm using it.

I'm also using my compressor for filling tires and running light air tools, so that was another reason for wanting a tank and a higher pressure compressor.

But for an all included beginners kit, it looks pretty nice especially for the price.

So I decided on the motor. Going big! Leopard 4092! I just hit up Mike to purchase the esc mount! Hopefully he has them in stock!

New set of tools!

01E6FBCE-B871-4F7F-B107-E35540C7D57E.jpeg

Body is cut!!

F1A18A97-BE3A-4B44-9353-51E65EC4BCC4.jpeg

A9111CF6-4C64-4DA5-9499-C03B7E4C10CC.jpeg

Started to belt the tires. I still need to dremel out the center parts and add the center belt.

B3F4A995-01EE-4BE9-97AA-5A50CE95DFCA.jpeg

Last edited:
Cant wait to see this thing in action!! Coming together real nicely @Slevin!
Thanks! @TBuggy!

Here is the paint job. Nothing special. I’ll get a better picture tonight after I put the decals on.

CBCC2335-0566-414A-9976-5D226DE66672.jpeg

And got some decals on it. Took a sharpie to the windows but it didn’t turn out all the impressive.

F5950FF8-A46A-433E-B989-EB8433D28292.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought a used Savox SB-2273SG today. Good speed and high torque. Retails for about $100 and paid $45 for it.

So I’m almost certain I’ll be ordering the HW max6 with the leopard 4092. I’m also ordering the esc and rear center brace from Mike. I’ll be running 6s in this machine. What tooth pinion should use? Thinking I’d buy three of them. Was thinking 15 to 17 tooth. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I bought a used Savox SB-2273SG today. Good speed and high torque. Retails for about $100 and paid $45 for it.

So I’m almost certain I’ll be ordering the HW max6 with the leopard 4092. I’m also ordering the esc and rear center brace from Mike. I’ll be running 6s in this machine. What tooth pinion should use? Thinking I’d buy three of them. Was thinking 15 to 17 tooth. Thoughts?
I glanced back and didn't see it, so I apologize if it is back there, but what kv motor are you getting?

Well there are two choices with the 4092, 1730 and I think 1450. I was thinking 1730.
I was thinking that it was between 1700 and 1900 kv but wasn't sure. With the 1730kv I think that getting 15, 16 and 17 tooth pinions will work really well. I was going to suggest starting with a 16 tooth and going from there.

Recent Popular Liked

Back