• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mt410 esc and motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viper

Reaction score
So I'm building my MT410 now but still need an ESC and motor. I live in Ohio so I have snow and will run it in the winter waterproof is a must im looking at the mamba monster. I'm new to electric and don't know if i was want the 1700kv or 2200 speed and standing backflips not needed don't want to brake this thing right away. Any info on a recommended set ups and why. Any tech for dummies help would be awesome
Thanks

So I'm building my MT410 now but still need an ESC and motor. I live in Ohio so I have snow and will run it in the winter waterproof is a must im looking at the mamba monster. I'm new to electric and don't know if i was want the 1700kv or 2200 speed and standing backflips not needed don't want to brake this thing right away. Any info on a recommended set ups and why. Any tech for dummies help would be awesome
Thanks
Are you planning on running mostly 4s or 6s batteries? If you are planning mostly 4s, I would say the 2200kv. If you say mostly 6s I would recommend the 1700kv. Also, what tires are you planning to run?

Well that is another question what would the pros and cons of the 6s 1700 or 4s 2200? Tires i got are the pro line trenchers not sure the exact size the place I picked up the kit recommended them

Well that is another question what would the pros and cons of the 6s 1700 or 4s 2200? Tires i got are the pro line trenchers not sure the exact size the place I picked up the kit recommended them
The lower the kv, the more torque you have and you have to use a larger pinion to get the top speed back but your motor temps are lower. The 2200kv motor on 6s you would need to keep a close eye on your motor temp with the smallest 15t pinion. Both motors would be great but in my opinion the 1700kv is more geared towards 6s and the 2200kv is more for 4s. Both motors will do 4s and 6s, but the 1700kv would be slow on 4s and the 2200kv would need to watch temps closer on 6s. It will rip like a bat out of hell though LOL.

Would you get lower temps with a bigger pinion like a 17 tooth on 6s with the 2200kv and would that hurt anything? Thanks for all the replies

Would you get lower temps with a bigger pinion like a 17 tooth on 6s with the 2200kv and would that hurt anything? Thanks for all the replies
The bigger the pinion, the more motor heat. With the 2200kv I'm guessing you would need either a 15t or 16t pinion, but I cannot say for sure.

Hi guys, I want ask same question, Im still waiting for my order with kit mt410, but I have new xerun max8, and castle 2650kV motor. I want use only 4S in this truck, and 15-16T pinion. What do you think ? This engine can work in this tekno ? It will be good if can make stand flip :)

Hi guys, I want ask same question, Im still waiting for my order with kit mt410, but I have new xerun max8, and castle 2650kV motor. I want use only 4S in this truck, and 15-16T pinion. What do you think ? This engine can work in this tekno ? It will be good if can make stand flip :)
I think that may be a little high of kv for this truck but since you already have it you could always try it with a 15t pinion and just make sure to be constantly checking temps so that if it doesn't work well you can shut it down before you damage something.

Ok got the mamba monster x now I need a pinion gear what pitch do i need?

From my experience the 2200kv motor is kind of high and will run hot in an mt410 and the 2600kv motor will run really hot in an mt410.

All built just need to wire it up again this is my first electric rc so do you recommend for connections to the battery? Is deans the best? I dont know. Also im going to start on 4s the hobby shop have venom batteries and chargers are they good? Should i get something else?

Attachments

• 20180820_184250.jpg
    20180820_184250.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 872
Nice work!!

I like the XT connectors, XT90s are what I use currently. Castle makes some high quality bullet plugs as well. I have had deans get too hot and become unsoldered when using them on 4s, after that I stopped using them.

As far as batteries I don't feel anyone has the quality to price ratio that SMC does. Super affordable batteries (compared to other brands) and high quality to go with the price! Venom seems to be a little higher price than I want to spend on batteries but I am sure they are good batteries, just never used them myself.

+1 on the XT90 connectors. I run those on all of my rigs, and they are pretty solid.

The bigger the pinion, the more motor heat. With the 2200kv I'm guessing you would need either a 15t or 16t pinion, but I cannot say for sure.

Just ran my first run of MT410 with Mamba X ESC and CC 1512 1800 KV censured motor. Used 17T pinion that hobby shop guys recommended. Ran on 4S on medium height grass. Less than 10 minutes of moderate running, the car stopped. Motor AND ESC were so hot I couldn't touch them and battery wires were beginning to melt. All but batteries are toast! Expensive debut for my first expensive kit! I have run many RTR cars on various surfaces without issues.

Recommendation: Start with lowest pinion T count possible. Move up after checking car temps on surfaces on which you run. There is a HUGE difference in car temps among running in asphalt, dirt, sand, gravel, grass and you probably need to change pinions when running surfaces change. Keep in mind that "bashing" is done on ALL these surfaces and is not, in and of itself, necessarily hard on a motor and ESC. TYPE of surface seems to be a more major factor. I am learning the hard way.

Will be starting with new motor and ESC AND a 15T pinion on my MT410.

thanks for the help another noob question do you buy batteries with the connectors or do you add your own or get an adaptor?

Just ran my first run of MT410 with Mamba X ESC and CC 1512 1800 KV censured motor. Used 17T pinion that hobby shop guys recommended. Ran on 4S on medium height grass. Less than 10 minutes of moderate running, the car stopped. Motor AND ESC were so hot I couldn't touch them and battery wires were beginning to melt. All but batteries are toast! Expensive debut for my first expensive kit! I have run many RTR cars on various surfaces without issues.

Recommendation: Start with lowest pinion T count possible. Move up after checking car temps on surfaces on which you run. There is a HUGE difference in car temps among running in asphalt, dirt, sand, gravel, grass and you probably need to change pinions when running surfaces change. Keep in mind that "bashing" is done on ALL these surfaces and is not, in and of itself, necessarily hard on a motor and ESC. TYPE of surface seems to be a more major factor. I am learning the hard way.

Will be starting with new motor and ESC AND a 15T pinion on my MT410.
Yeah I start all of my vehicles on 15t, or the smallest I can use, and go from there for the most part. When I built my MT410 I looked at the Castle systems but didn't like how they only had smaller motor systems. The Castle 1512 is a 4268 motor, which is too small in my opinion for a monster truck, and I went with my Arrma 4274 2050kv and that gets pretty warm but not too bad. In my opinion, I believe that the Castle systems are more designed for 1/8 buggies. My next system is going to be a longer motor with relocating the esc though.

[QUOTE="tonydew,

Will be starting with new motor and ESC AND a 15T pinion on my MT410.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thx for reply. I will test this motor in next days. If temperature will be to high... will change it.

Good budget system that is reliable for 6S? I was looking at the XR8 1350 but it looks like it will be too long?

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back