• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mt410 esc and motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lower the kv, the more torque you have and you have to use a larger pinion to get the top speed back but your motor temps are lower. The 2200kv motor on 6s you would need to keep a close eye on your motor temp with the smallest 15t pinion. Both motors would be great but in my opinion the 1700kv is more geared towards 6s and the 2200kv is more for 4s. Both motors will do 4s and 6s, but the 1700kv would be slow on 4s and the 2200kv would need to watch temps closer on 6s. It will rip like a bat out of hell though LOL.
Ok I did have the mamba monster setup but it was not the 2200kv. Great hobbies here at home set up my electronics and I could not be happier. After spending this kind of money my wife was finally happy that I was satisfied and then it happened. Only on my like 10th bashing outside my house the thing spewed flames and I swore it was a battery. Having the machine set up with double 3s I quickly opened it up and pulled the batteries out and found them in Great condition. It was my ESC that got fried. Long story short, I had sent it to Castle for warranty and was told it is not a warranty item because I should not have run the truck on 6s and the tech said that my hobby shop should have known that. Since then I have not gone back there and have switch my mt410 to the hobbywing max 8 combo. Now I am happy with the setup. Very happy to say the least. I know I should of gone back to the hobby shop and maybe I will talk to the guy about it. What do you think?

The problem, if I am correct, is the lower kv motors are longer? Space is tight. I just want to run my 6S batteries I bought.

*not trying to hi-jack OPs thread...

It looks like Tekin is the only way to go then.

The problem, if I am correct, is the lower kv motors are longer? Space is tight. I just want to run my 6S batteries I bought.

*not trying to hi-jack OPs thread...
Lower kv motors aren’t neseccarily longer but large can motors do typically come in lower kv versions. What kv are you shooting for?

Tekin RX8 is the smallest 1/8 scale esc and does allow for more room in front of a 74 to 76 mm motor. That said, you can fit a HW or MMX in front of a standard 1/8 scale motor. If you plan to run a larger can then the esc will need to be relocated.

The cheapest! I guess a Hobby Wing. 1350kv for 6S sound about right?
Manufactures generally will state what kv is optimal with each LiPo. However, several of us have ran up to 2200kv on 6s just fine. I would be skeptical of running anything higher than that. My current motor is a 1730 kv Hobbystar and I’m about to throw in a 2000 kv goolrc whenever it decides to show up. I’ve yet to run goolrc but folks on here have used them with great success in both bashing and racing. Plus they are cheap. The 4076 2000 kv sensorless is $35 with free shipping on eBay. But you will have to wait awhile to receive it. I ordered one mid November and it is still on its way. Hobbystar also makes one that is about the same but it is a tad more $. However if you order that it’ll show up very quickly. You can order from RC juice.

I’m running the Tekin RX8/T8 gen 3 combo 2250 Kv with 15 tooth pinion and trencher 40’s. With 4s 6000 100c battery in continuous run to lvc the motor was 130 degrees.

Last edited:
Just purchased the HW max 8 combo 2200 kv. However didn’t notice that it was set up for Traxxas. Plugs and the ESC has mounting brackets on each side. Will switch plugs to xt90 and might have to Drexel the mounting brackets off to get it to fit on the mounting plate. Will need to do a dry install first to see if those cause issues.

Damn, I just ordered a Hobbywing XR8 + 2250 kv motor. And now I see this thread... ^^
I ordered pinions from 16 to 19 teeth. So, I guess I'm going to have quite a hot engine + esc. :/
Good thing it's sensored. But maybe I should order a cooling fan for the motor, what do you guys think?

Damn, I just ordered a Hobbywing XR8 + 2250 kv motor. And now I see this thread... ^^
I ordered pinions from 16 to 19 teeth. So, I guess I'm going to have quite a hot engine + esc. :/
Good thing it's sensored. But maybe I should order a cooling fan for the motor, what do you guys think?
Are you planning on running 4s or 6s? 4s you will most likely be ok, 6s I would recommend the fan for sure. It wouldn't hurt to have it either way though.

My .04 cents (inflation), I ran an arrma blx 2000kv motor with big trenchers and badlands mx3.8 and an 18 tooth pinion. On these configurations she ran hot, like 200f hot. After breaking multiple arrma motors, I went to castle. Ended up with the 2200kv sensored motor paired with a castle mmx, I dropped down to a 16 tooth pinion and put shockwaves on her. Sure it doesn't have the cringe worthy power it used to but, I no longer have heat to worry about. Mind, this is all on 4s (which is all this truck really needs), so to get to the point.... tires, in my opinion, have a huge role in system temperature. Tekno recommends shockwaves or the O.G. badlands, I imagine it's for a reason. Running 6s, keep the tires smaller, gear down and run a bigger motor. This truck will eat electronics for dinner if you're not on point.

I have the Pro-line PR1178-11 Badlands 3.8" tires. So I don't know if those are the good badlands or the bad. They seemed medium size. Not huge, but not small.
If they don't work I'll go for even smaller ones.
I will be running 4s and now and again 6s to see the madness.
I have no idea how those fan mounts work. Are they just clip on, or do you need to screw them somehow?
Which one would be good for the Hobbywing combo?
Does it matter which brand? How do you connect them? I'm kinda noobish on the whole electronics thing.

I just looked the fancooling up and I saw the one from HobbyWing is very large and mosty fits the old 4274 motor. Not the new smaller can one.

Last edited:
I have a mt410 with the hobbywing max8 combo 4274 running maxamps 6s...I was having overheating issues with a 25 tooth and tried a 15 tooth as well as the 22 tooth I was running yesterday and both had me running good temperatures...hope that helps any questions feel free to ask...

Cheers

81C39CB9-E82C-4EF5-83FE-4BFE6A28FCD4.jpeg
829C2113-F3F0-4514-8C11-9DB9A5100BC5.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back