• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 Motor & ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy King

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi Everyone

I completed my MT410 build yesterday (which was a pleasure) and I am now thinking of what motor and ESC I should use.

Just a thought I have an Arrma Kraton 4S which no longer works (because it is rubbish, the slipper clutch will not stay tight) and I could remove the electrics from this and put it into the MT410. What do you guys think, would it be suitable? Spec's listed below. If you think this could work what pinion should I run?

If I have to buy new electrics it is not a problem, just thought I could recycle some other parts? They are quite new as the Kraton has only been used about 5 times before it gave up the ghost!!

I know it is only rated to 4S but I think this will be ok for the truck? Any help is much appreciated.

Oh yeah I am thinking of having either the Arrma backflip tyres (off the 4s outcast) or the proline badlands.

Any help is much appreciated, go easy I am relatively new to RC.

Regards

Andy

MOTOR

Motor TypeBrushless
Motor Kv2400
Poles4 Pole
Motor Length68mm / 2.68"
Diameter36mm / 1.42"
Shaft Length18.5mm / 0.73"
Shaft Diameter5mm / 0.2"
Motor Mounting Hole DiameterM3
Motor Cable Length (Including Connector)45mm / 1.77"
Motor Connector Diameter4mm / 0.16"
Motor Weight228g / 8.04 oz
ESC

Battery usage3S LiPo (11.1V) or 4S LiPo (14.8V)
Low Voltage Cut-Off (LVC)3.4V per cell
Thermal Protection Temperature125°C / 257°F
Over-Voltage ProtectionOver 17.2V
BEC Voltage6V
BEC Current3A
ESC Length43mm / 1.69"
ESC Height34mm / 1.34"
ESC Width54.5mm / 2.15" (Including hold-down tabs)
ESC Weight150g / 5.3 oz
Receiver Wire Length170mm / 6.70"
Battery Wire Length225mm / 8.86"
Motor Wire Length (Including Connector)200mm / 7.87"
Switch Length21mm / 0.83"
Switch Width13.3mm / 0.52"
Switch Height16mm / 0.63"
Motor Bullet Connector Size4mm / 0.16"
Wire Specifications12AWG
ESC Battery Connector Type2xEC5

Attachments

• IMG_5898.JPG
    IMG_5898.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 225
I would repair the slipper clutch from the arrma, and sell the complete car.
The slipper clutch is not that difficult to repair, if you search you tube you will find it.
With that money you can buy a castle or a hobbywing max8, and maybe a good radio and receiver.
Both tyres are ok for the mt410.

I would repair the slipper clutch from the arrma, and sell the complete car.
The slipper clutch is not that difficult to repair, if you search you tube you will find it.
With that money you can buy a castle or a hobbywing max8, and maybe a good radio and receiver.
Both tyres are ok for the mt410.
Many thanks for your comments, I have tried the slipper clutch repair, using thread lock etc. It will just not stay put!
Put that to one side are you saying that the hobbywing or castle would just be a better idea?

Many thanks for your comments, I have tried the slipper clutch repair, using thread lock etc. It will just not stay put!
Put that to one side are you saying that the hobbywing or castle would just be a better idea?
I have owned an Arrma and repaired it myself, but first order this part, arrma is known for this problem with the slipper. Before installing clean the screw and remove al grease, then when installing use blue locktite and leave allone for at least 24 hours.

Screenshot_20200921-071017_Samsung Internet.jpg

For the motor I only have experience with the max8 since I use it myself, the max 8 is in Europe a cheaper choice than the mamba's.

Last edited:
I have owned an Arrma and repaired it myself, but first order this part, arrma is known about the problems with the slipper. Before installing clean the screw and remove al grease, then when installing use blue locktite and leave allone for at least 24 hours.

View attachment 5567

For the motor I only have experience with the max8 since I use it myself, the max 8 is in Europe a cheaper choice than the mamba's.
Yes I think I would go for the Max 8.

I have tried the maintenance kit, unfortunately the slipper clutch stays put for a bit but it goes loose soon enough. It is a design fault I think. I have tried red loctite and left to dry for two weeks, still comes loose!
Many thanks for your help though.

The electronics from the 4s arrma would definitely work, but are a little on the small side. I agree @FHE_nld you’ll be money ahead and happier with fixing then selling the arrma as a complete and running vehicle.

If you are on a budget the stock electronics for the arrma 6s line are really good for the money. You can pick up a never run set from a kit breaker like jennys rc or badtouchbreakers if you’re on a budget.

The suggestion of a max 8 or mamba monster x is a good one. I like the smoothness of sensored so I recommend the monster x or a hobbywing XR8 with a sensored motor. Sensored is more expensive but it drives so nice.

The electronics from the 4s arrma would definitely work, but are a little on the small side. I agree @FHE_nld you’ll be money ahead and happier with fixing then selling the arrma as a complete and running vehicle.

If you are on a budget the stock electronics for the arrma 6s line are really good for the money. You can pick up a never run set from a kit breaker like jennys rc or badtouchbreakers if you’re on a budget.

The suggestion of a max 8 or mamba monster x is a good one. I like the smoothness of sensored so I recommend the monster x or a hobbywing XR8 with a sensored motor. Sensored is more expensive but it drives so nice.
Thanks for your message, I have just bought the Max8 combo. Lets see how I get on, I will try and fix the Arrma and sell it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back