• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hello, new to forum with motor esc question MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScooterB

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Hello everyone. I have been running 6s ARRMA vehicles and this is my first kit, MT410. The quality of this kit is just amazing and a blast putting together. After reading lots of threads and research I am still trying to figure out if I want to run 4s or 6s. I run 6s on my ARRMAs but don't know if 6s would be overkill on the lighter MT410. I am installing the m2c bracing, pro-line badlands. My choices are down to the Tekin RX8 Gen 3 with the T8 motor. I will go with the 1400KV for the option to run 6s and the 1900KV and just stick with the 4s. 15 tooth pinion and I upgraded to the steel spur gear. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!! 4s or 6s is my big decision at this point. Thanks all

6S @ 1400KV will be more efficient and put less strain on your electronics, the 6S setup will offer longer run times with cooler temps and increased longevity of both the motor and battery which will reduce long term costs by not having to replace batteries as often when compared to running 4S @ 1900KV

Since you already have a 6S pack, that will reduce your initial costs as well ;)

I personally would not run the steel spur, it will generate unnecessary noise, I have rarely stripped a plastic spur, maybe once every couple of years of racing? Just be sure to use a generous amount of gel based thread lock so you don't lose your mesh.

Vibra-TITE 125 Removable Medium Strength Gel

Last edited:
Thank you very much Billl, I sure appreciate the help. I am in Austin as well!! I need to get my profile set up.

Cool deal, always nice to meet local folks on the forums!

If you ever get the chance, I would encourage you to check out Thornhill Racing Circuit in Hutto. They alternate open practice each Saturday between the dirt and turf tracks. They are racing on the dirt track this Saturday and they often have a beginner class which can be a lot of fun to run your ARRMA. There are a lot of local TEKNO drivers too which can help give you advice on your build too!

I have taken a break from the 1/8 dirt track and sold all my TEKNO cars. I am currently sponsored with PR Racing and have focused primarily on the 1/10 turf track. If you happen to have any 1/10 cars they are welcome to run open practice on the turf track this Saturday too, that's where I will be, just look for my racing colors in my avatar if you happen to be around the track :)

Cool deal, always nice to meet local folks on the forums!

If you ever get the chance, I would encourage you to check out Thornhill Racing Circuit in Hutto. They alternate open practice each Saturday between the dirt and turf tracks. They are racing on the dirt track this Saturday and they often have a beginner class which can be a lot of fun to run your ARRMA. There are a lot of local TEKNO drivers too which can help give you advice on your build too!

I have taken a break from the 1/8 dirt track and sold all my TEKNO cars. I am currently sponsored with PR Racing and have focused primarily on the 1/10 turf track. If you happen to have any 1/10 cars they are welcome to run open practice on the turf track this Saturday too, that's where I will be, just look for my racing colors in my avatar if you happen to be around the track :)
I was actually up there a couple weeks ago and ran my Talion around the dirt track. For my next build I am thinking of something 1/10 I could "race" on that track. No doubt will look for you next time I am there!

I was actually up there a couple weeks ago and ran my Talion around the dirt track. For my next build I am thinking of something 1/10 I could "race" on that track. No doubt will look for you next time I am there!
Nice!

If you are planning to get into 1/10, then I would encourage you to consider 4WD Buggy or 4WD Truck.

TEKNO is a solid choice for both classes, by far the most durable brand on the market right now. XRay is another solid choice but they are VERY expensive :(

While the 13.5T Buggy class is more popular, the tire wear on 4WD Truck will be significantly less expensive with truck tires typically lasting about a dozen or so race days, on the 4WD Buggy you might get about 3 race days and if you decide to run 2WD Buggy, expect those tire last about 1 day at Thornhill

Nice!

If you are planning to get into 1/10, then I would encourage you to consider 4WD Buggy or 4WD Truck.

TEKNO is a solid choice for both classes, by far the most durable brand on the market right now. XRay is another solid choice but they are VERY expensive :(

While the 13.5T Buggy class is more popular, the tire wear on 4WD Truck will be significantly less expensive with truck tires typically lasting about a dozen or so race days, on the 4WD Buggy you might get about 3 race days and if you decide to run 2WD Buggy, expect those tire last about 1 day at Thornhill
Thanks very much for the info. I was thinking about going the route of your suggestion. Only thing left to do on my MT410 is get the esc and motor ordered and installed and get the body painted. This is my first kit and is was so much fun putting together, cant wait to see it flying off the jump!

6S @ 1400KV will be more efficient and put less strain on your electronics, the 6S setup will offer longer run times with cooler temps and increased longevity of both the motor and battery which will reduce long term costs by not having to replace batteries as often when compared to running 4S @ 1900KV

Since you already have a 6S pack, that will reduce your initial costs as well ;)

I personally would not run the steel spur, it will generate unnecessary noise, I have rarely stripped a plastic spur, maybe once every couple of years of racing? Just be sure to use a generous amount of gel based thread lock so you don't lose your mesh.

Vibra-TITE 125 Removable Medium Strength Gel
Hello Billl
Could you give me a hand with an electronics question. Fed Ex should be dropping off the Tekin RX8 Gen 3 1400KV today. My 6s battery has 12 gauge wire leads. I use EC5 connectors. Can I run 10 gauge wire off the esc to the battery plug or do I need to run 12 gauge all the way. Thanks very Much!!

Hello Billl
Could you give me a hand with an electronics question. Fed Ex should be dropping off the Tekin RX8 Gen 3 1400KV today. My 6s battery has 12 gauge wire leads. I use EC5 connectors. Can I run 10 gauge wire off the esc to the battery plug or do I need to run 12 gauge all the way. Thanks very Much!!

I would keep the 10AWG wire, that provides less resistance, many brands of batteries will use 10AWG though 12AWG is perfectly fine too, 6S will draw less current than 4S anyway.

I would keep the 10AWG wire, that provides less resistance, many brands of batteries will use 10AWG though 12AWG is perfectly fine too, 6S will draw less current than 4S anyway.
Thanks much!! Can't wait to get this up and running(y)

Recent Popular Liked

Back