• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hello! I may have made a mistake lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slawson12

Reaction score
Hey guys the names Stoney and I just purchased a used EB48SL

I had genuinely no idea what I was purchasing, can anyone clear up for me what I did?

Is this a 1/10th or 1/8th buggy?
What upgrades can be performed?

I genuinely apologize for my ignorance and post purchase questions as opposed to prepurchase

Thank you!

It's 1/8 buggy but lighter than normal 1/8. Some tracks race 2s buggy or have a weight limit. it's built from the sct410.3 so the sct upgrades work. The main one would be the .4 ackerman plate.

Yes the EB48SL was based on the .3 platform, it uses the shorter SCT arms so the track width is a little narrow compared to a true 1/8 buggy.

Running these on 2S proved to be very hard on the batteries which is why interest faded quickly and the car was discontinued a short time after it was introduced. I would recommend running it on 4S with a 3660 can around 2000KV.

TEKNO doesn't really need many upgrades, but I have listed some .3 upgrades to consider here:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-sct410-3.1389/

You can search for compatible parts here:
Standard Parts:
https://www.teknorc.com/product-vehicle/eb48sl/

Option Parts:
https://www.teknorc.com/product-vehicle/o-eb48sl/

User Manual:
https://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/EB48SL_instructions.pdf

I believe the Tekin T8 motor is a 4268 can which might have too much torque for the SL drivetrain. I would be easy on the throttle and be sure to dial back the ESC to the lowest punch setting and go no higher than 7K in the front/center diffs.

I believe the Tekin T8 motor is a 4268 can which might have too much torque for the SL drivetrain. I would be easy on the throttle and be sure to dial back the ESC to the lowest punch setting and go no higher than 7K in the front/center diffs.
Okay, i'll checkout those settings.

Should I just pull everything out and get a newer platform?

I can't say for sure you will run into problems, it all depends on how hard you are with the throttle and how you drive it... if you're conservative then chances are what you have installed will do just fine.
I say keep what you've got and don't fix anything that ain't broken ;)

I can't say for sure you will run into problems, it all depends on how hard you are with the throttle and how you drive it... if you're conservative then chances are what you have installed will do just fine.
I say keep what you've got and don't fix anything that ain't broken ;)
I'm the new guy here, and I've learned many lessons not listening to people who know better than me.. so i'm going to go ahead and listen to you on this one!

thank you for your advice and wisdom.

Totally agree with Bill, I would say it depends on what you're doing with the car. If you're just bashing around then nothing really matters as far as what you bought - just go and have fun with it. parts are available if needed.
If you're racing, give it a try and if you have problems then determine if it's worth it. you can put the slightly beefier shafts on it if the 4s kills the smaller SCT drivetrain, just need the 4 larger outdrive cups for the 2 center shafts (and slightly thicker shafts) as far as I know, but like Bill said I bet 4s would be no issue if you aren't hard on it.
Competing against standard 1/8 buggies - that is a tough question. I actually read that some people did very well with the SL because it weighs less. I read somewhere someone used a 3s to reduce the weight significantly. That wouldn't be allowed in most clubs though so it would depend on your club how much you can get away with. small clubs probably wouldn't care.
Personally my biggest hurdle is just driving clean and not flipping over on jumps. IMO, Until you can cleanly race without crashing, the car doesn't matter very much as far as its ability. Once you master driving, then worry about getting a better car. If you're racing.

I have run the SL on 4s without issues.
Like others said, weather it’s the right one for you is based on what you planned to do with it.
Here is a comparison video Tekno put out when they released the SL

Recent Popular Liked

Back