• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Most Recommended Tekno ET48 Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
If you're looking for the best Tekno ET48 upgrades then you've come to the right place. We'll be using this thread to highlight some of the most recommended and best upgrades for the Tekno RC ET48 truggy.

If you're new to the Tekno RC brand and about to build your ET48 there are a few required tools. We've detailed the tools you'll need in order to complete your new ET48 build in our Tools for getting started with Tekno RC thread and I recommend giving that a read! We also have the ET48 user manual as well as setup sheets here: Tekno RC ET48.3 Manual & Setup Sheet.

Aluminum servo horn - The stock ET48 plastic servo horn isn't one known to last over time. Which is why so many recommended saving yourself the time and buy an aluminum servo horn. Most guys recommend the Tekno aluminum horn TKR5253B.

Steel Spur Gear - Tekno RC offers a lightened and hardened steel spur gear (TKR5115) that will certainly step up the durability of your drive train.

Rear and Center Braces - The Tekno ET48 is a very durable RC truggy, but it never hurts to have more protection. Adding an aluminum center brace will do exactly that and will make your ET48 just that much more bullet-proof.

T-Bone Racing protection - If you are bashing your ET48 Truggy you'll want all the protection you can get and T-Bone Racing does just that. They offer front and rear bumpers for the ET48 here.

If you have other recommended ET48 upgrades please post them below!

Don't forget T-Bone also makes mud guards for the MT410/ET48 platforms as well, if you wanna add it into the above T-Bone section. Will have mine soon and will report back on if they're a step up from the Tekno lexan ones.

Don't forget T-Bone also makes mud guards for the MT410/ET48 platforms as well, if you wanna add it into the above T-Bone section. Will have mine soon and will report back on if they're a step up from the Tekno lexan ones.

I ordered up a pair like over a week ago, not sure what the delay is?! they will definitely be more durable than the super thin lexan ones, but they will also weigh a lot more... for us bashing the MT410 it's a non-issue though!

I ordered up a pair like over a week ago, not sure what the delay is?! they will definitely be more durable than the super thin lexan ones, but they will also weigh a lot more... for us bashing the MT410 it's a non-issue though!

Ordered mine on the 4th and shipped today. They mfg most orders piece by piece so hang in there.

So the MT410 mudguards work on the ET?

Yes, both cars share the same part numbers for the rear arms:
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5430-suspension-arms-rear-2pcs-et48-nt48/

Another helpful resource that I rely on:
https://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set_Up_Guide.pdf

On page 3, they discuss Ackermann as well:

41541006342_7e5c852e51_b.jpg

Thank ya Bill. Been looking for a good set. The Tekno guards just seem too thin. Good for racing I guess but not so for bashing.

They seriously should have included a metal srvo horn. These plastic ones included are absolute trash. The damn thing stripped out immediately didn't even get 5 min run time. Metal srvo horn is a must

They seriously should have included a metal srvo horn. These plastic ones included are absolute trash. The damn thing stripped out immediately didn't even get 5 min run time. Metal srvo horn is a must
Other than the servo horn, what do you think of the ET Trapper?

You will need the 2mm offset wheel hexes if you’re going to run MT wheels and tires. They have a 1mm offset pair too but just go with the 2mm’s and be done with it.

Oh, you will need 2 packs when ordering since only 2 come in a pack.

Well so far I still can't run it as I need the castle programming card to reverse the motor rotation. It will do standing front flips so more power is going to reverse than forward. And the manual says not to reverse the leads.
Once that comes in I'll get it up and running for the first bash. Has v3 talion wheels on it at too

Well so far I still can't run it as I need the castle programming card to reverse the motor rotation. It will do standing front flips so more power is going to reverse than forward. And the manual says not to reverse the leads.
Once that comes in I'll get it up and running for the first bash. Has v3 talion wheels on it at too

yeah plastic servo horns can be pretty bad if they don't fit well. you have to make sure they're on really tight and some servos splines don't fit in them as well as others, maybe that was your issue. if it fit tight then i'd say the servo saver spring might be cranked down too tight if the servo horn stripped. the servo saver should move and take the force before the force is transferred to your servo horn, that is the whole point of it, to "save your servo." it's like a steering dampener in the way it works.

you can swap 2 brushless motor leads as long as you aren't running it in sensored mode.

You don't need the card for that. Here is a helpful video that was posted on youtube, on how to do it. Quit sitting around waiting for stuff in the mail and drive that thing!!

So I am searching everywhere for the hardened metal spur gear TKR5115. I cant seem to locate one and nobody seems to know if and when they may be back in stock. Any other part numbers that work?

If you're looking for the best Tekno ET48 upgrades then you've come to the right place. We'll be using this thread to highlight some of the most recommended and best upgrades for the Tekno RC ET48 truggy.

If you're new to the Tekno RC brand and about to build your ET48 there are a few required tools. We've detailed the tools you'll need in order to complete your new ET48 build in our Tools for getting started with Tekno RC thread and I recommend giving that a read! We also have the ET48 user manual as well as setup sheets here: Tekno RC ET48.3 Manual & Setup Sheet.

Aluminum servo horn - The stock ET48 plastic servo horn isn't one known to last over time. Which is why so many recommended saving yourself the time and buy an aluminum servo horn. Most guys recommend the Tekno aluminum horn TKR5253B.

Steel Spur Gear - Tekno RC offers a lightened and hardened steel spur gear (TKR5115) that will certainly step up the durability of your drive train.

Rear and Center Braces - The Tekno ET48 is a very durable RC truggy, but it never hurts to have more protection. Adding an aluminum center and rear braces will do exactly that and will make your ET48 just that much more bullet-proof.

T-Bone Racing protection - If you are bashing your ET48 Truggy you'll want all the protection you can get and T-Bone Racing does just that. They offer front and rear bumpers for the ET48 here.

If you have other recommended ET48 upgrades please post them below!

The rear brace mentioned did not fit my et48. The et48 uses the long one located here I know the M2C site lists the short one but it doesnt fit. Even with the M2C chassis it doesnt fit, and to drill a hole is impossible because it would fall in a divot. You could never counter sink there, its too thin.

20180521_183255.jpg

Do you have the Arrma rear driveshaft in there?

Honestly I don't know. It looks nothing like the front driveshaft, so probably is the Arrma or some other type.

Contacted M2C and they said the short brace fits the eb48 and not the et48. They also told me they don't make a passenger side one as the longer one seems to be enough strength.

Recent Popular Liked

Back