• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Most recommended Tekno EB410 Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
If you're looking for an RC that doesn't need a lot of upgrades out of the box, then the Tekno EB410 buggy is what you're looking for. Out of the box the EB410 really doesn't require any upgrades... with the exception of the plastic servo horn. However, there is always room for improvement and below is a list of upgrades that's most recommended by Tekno Forums users.

If you're new to the Tekno RC brand and about to build your EB410 there are a few required tools. We've detailed the tools you'll need in order to complete your Tekno EB410 build in our Tools for getting started with Tekno RC thread and recommend giving that a read!

Recommended Tekno EB410 Upgrades

Aluminum servo horn - Without a doubt the first EB410 upgrade you'll want to do is an aluminum servo horn (TKR6563A). In fact, don't even mess around with the stock plastic horn and buy the aluminum horn right away.

Aluminum shock caps - I think it's safe to say most people dislike plastic shock caps. They tend to leak more often and easier to mess up if you don't thread them on just right. Add to the fact that aluminum shock caps (TKR6712A) will resolve all those issues, they will also withstand more punishment.
Note: You'll also want to pick up M2x4mm cap head screws (TKR1248) and an emulsion O-ring set (TKR6714)

Carbon fiber top plate - The stock setup is a two piece top plate and doesn't offer the same support as the carbon fiber top plate does. The carbon fiber top plate (TKR6635C) is one-piece and even has a very handy fan mount built right into it!

MIP shock cartridge - The MIP shock cartridge spacer set (18020) eliminates the need to bleed your shocks as often, while allows the shocks to perform more consistently.

These are the most common suggested upgrades for the EB410 on the forum. If you have other suggested Tekno EB410 upgrades, please share them with us below!

If you're looking for the manual or setup sheets, check out our Tekno RC EB410 Manual & Setup Sheet thread.

Ti shock mounts... the stock ones work but seem to be a little soft.

also I really like the Exotek front bulkhead support and rear weight set seems to really have helped settle the rear on clay and carpet.

So far I have only swapped the servo horn but plan on upgrading the shock caps and rear tower so I can have shock forward option also

Regarding the carbon top plate/fan mount, which size fan is it compatible with? My side mount fan suffered a catastrophic injury tonight while being marshalled.

Regarding the carbon top plate/fan mount, which size fan is it compatible with? My side mount fan suffered a catastrophic injury tonight while being marshalled.
Nevermind. I found the info on a Facebook EB410 page. 30mm if anyone else searches.

Tekno one is for 30mm fans which I also believe most are designed for. I thought there was one someone made (I forget who though) that fits a 40mm

So now we have the tekno shock spacers are they better than the mip ones or basically the same?

Do you mean the updated Shock Cartridge spacers?

If so, then yes, you definitely want to get the updated shock cartridges, the new one's are black and the original ones were white. Main difference is that you no longer need to bleed the shocks before every run to get the same consistency:

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6708-shock-cartridge-guide-set-cnc-delrin-8pcs-eb410-et410/

I just installed the updated cartridges from Tekno this past week and it's a noticeable difference ;)

Do you mean the updated Shock Cartridge spacers?

If so, then yes, you definitely want to get the updated shock cartridges, the new one's are black and the original ones were white. Main difference is that you no longer need to bleed the shocks before every run to get the same consistency:

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6708-shock-cartridge-guide-set-cnc-delrin-8pcs-eb410-et410/

I just installed the updated cartridges from Tekno this past week and it's a noticeable difference ;)
but I have the mip ones, are the tekno ones better. I have heard that gold shock pistons have made the car shock package better, is this true?

I have not tried any MIP parts to compare, but there definitely was a flaw in the original design and that has been addressed by many companies (including Tekno), understanding is that it doesn't matter whose design you use for the fix, they are all good approaches.

As far as pistons go, nobody comes close to VRP, they have a patent on their valves. XRay has tried to copy them but couldn't figure it out so they bought as many valves from VRP that they could before VRP cut off their distribution channel. Go with these pistons here if you want the best money can buy:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/vrp-tekno-eb410-x-v3-shock-piston-2-1.8mm-x-2-hole-vrp2h1.8tk/p709225

Thanks this is very helpful.

I just purchased a EB410.v1 I am a compete noob.

I want so build something simple and solid to learn on, nothing fancy or cutting edge just solid and reliable that will not break the bank.

Any recommendations for
motor
esc
servo
tx/rx
Tires

I think that's all I need right?

Thanks!

Last edited:
not being one of the smooth drivers , I have been looking for upgraded rear hubs , as it does not take a lot to break the small lip that supports the outer bearing. Tekno can EASILY fix this by adding more material on the inside to better support the bearing from shifting in after a tumble.

Recent Popular Liked

Back