• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chevys10zr2003's Tekno MT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I used Tamiya PS-24 backed with white. I let my son pick it out since he didn't really get to pick his color for his pre-painted Kraton. I've always had good luck with Tamiya paints not peeling even when the body starts breaking. Only thing I need to remember next time is to buy two cans as there are some spots that's are pretty thin but i didn't have any more paint.

I like that color! You could always pick up a paint pen to do the windows.

I'm using Backflips as well on my et48, they are great tires but today I broke glue on the inner of both the front ones. Way too much ballooning, cant decide on how to approach it either. Scared to bake them for the tape method, scared to dremel the middle tread to fish line them lol.

I like that color! You could always pick up a paint pen to do the windows.

I'm using Backflips as well on my et48, they are great tires but today I broke glue on the inner of both the front ones. Way too much ballooning, cant decide on how to approach it either. Scared to bake them for the tape method, scared to dremel the middle tread to fish line them lol.
Thanks for the idea. I could do a paint pen but after today I think I'll be in the market for trying one of those "unbreakable" bodies as I already broke the tailgate on mine.

I didn't notice too much ballooning with my Backflips, or maybe it was and I just didnt realize it LOL. That sucks that you broke the glue on the inner beads but at least it's a quick and easy fix. As for the fix, I think if it was me, I would go the dremel route over the baking and taping method and just take my time and make sure I don't go too deep. But everybody has their own preferences.

First day out. At first, I was actually kind of disappointed and let down and thought that it was slow. It could barely even pull a wheelie. Fast forward about 30 minutes and the vehicle started getting noticeably slower so I decide to bring it in and swap batteries before LVC. I used reverse and realized it had a lot more power in reverse. I then brought it in and swapped two motor wires, changed my transmitter to reverse throttle and put in two fresh 2s batteries and took it back out and all I can say is.....
download (1).jpeg

4s standing backflips? Check.
Long easy wheelies and at speed wheelies? Check
Front flips over the road? Check
Huge smile on the guys face holding the transmitter? Double drooling check!
Turns out I was in 50% forward and 100% reverse mode.

Naturally, let's try 6s.....It was amazing but waaaaaayyyyy overpowered. I think my sweet spot will be 4s with a very occasional 6s run here and there.

All said and done, I am extremely happy with this vehicle.

While I was driving mine on the 4 acre lot, I look for the 5, almost 6 year old, standing next to me, driving his Kraton and don't see the car. I ask him where it is and he says that he doesn't know.....Seriously? How do you lose a 10 pound monster truck? After 50 minutes, 3.2 miles on the Note 8 pedometer and 2 blisters from doing this in sandals I find it, not on our 4 acre lot, not on the neighbors 4 acre lot, but on the start of the next lot (the lots are rectangular and he drove across them the narrow way). I guess he was driving it for awhile not knowing where it was. LOL so we took a break from RC and went fishing where he caught his first fish ever. Awesome day overall.

Sorry for the long post guys!

My guess is he was distracted by watching you and your truck and just kept his finger on the trigger. Kids are pretty easily distracted. Glad you found it though.

Nice job on the build. I get mine delivered tomorrow and am looking forward to building it. Always interesting to see what other folks do in order to get some ideas and learn from others.

Does that body go down enough on the sides to reach the mudguards?

I am not 100% sure. I can check tonight when I get home from work though and send you a picture of it from the side.
That would be great, thanks. I've had two supposedly compatible bodies and they really weren't.

That would be great, thanks. I've had two supposedly compatible bodies and they really weren't.
Here are two pictures of the sides. It doesn't go down all the way but close enough for me. It is also wider than the chassis too.
20180926_202959.jpg
20180926_202948.jpg

Great, I'm getting one. The Traxxas emaxx one is so thin I had to reinforce it everywhere with shoegoo and fiberglass tape and now it weights a ton.
I'll use Arrma body posts as I have already cut up the stock ones to fit the Traxxas body. Let's hope there is a way to make them fit as the holes are turned 90 degrees compared to Tekno.

Recent Popular Liked

Back