• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chevys10zr2003 SCT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. The antenna tube goes in the hole in the rear of the receiver box then there should be a grub screw that screws into the smaller hole next to it so it wedges it in place. Personally I just wrap antenna wire neatly and stuff in side the box. Every antenna I have had installed just gets ripped off eventually, unless you tuck it under the body I suppose.

2. When you say continue to run do you mean "with power" or it will it just keep rolling? perhaps its an ESC setting?
I saw that smaller hole next to the larger hole for the tube but wasn't sure what it was for. Thanks for the information and I will put that grub screw in tonight. I tried putting the antenna in the receiver box for my MT410 but I ran into range issues so I am running that one out of the box as well. I keep the antenna tube under the body so that it is somewhat protected.

I will squeeze the throttle for just a split second and the motor will follow the throttle input that I do but when I let off of the throttle, the motor keeps spinning, with like 25% power, for another 2-4 seconds. I'm thinking I may need to adjust some kind of throttle neutral deadband width or sensitivity (assuming I can) or something but figured I would see if anyone else has had this issue ever.

Last edited:
I will squeeze the throttle for just a split second and the motor will follow the throttle input that I do but when I let off of the throttle, the motor keeps spinning, with like 25% power, for another 2-4 seconds. I'm thinking I may need to adjust some kind of throttle neutral deadband width or sensitivity (assuming I can) or something but figured I would see if anyone else has had this issue ever.

Sounds like the "Coast" feature on my HW XR8. Never used it before and thought WTF is going on with this thing continuing to run. After a few runs and figuring out what it was doing, I LOVE it. Makes it so much easier to drive overall once you figure where the power cuts off and then in. Makes turning almost effortless. If you ride motorcycles it is like trail braking is the best scenario I can give.

Sounds like the "Coast" feature on my HW XR8. Never used it before and thought WTF is going on with this thing continuing to run. After a few runs and figuring out what it was doing, I LOVE it. Makes it so much easier to drive overall once you figure where the power cuts off and then in. Makes turning almost effortless. If you ride motorcycles it is like trail braking is the best scenario I can give.
Oh yeah. I have the XR8 SCT and I forgot about that feature and I forgot that I turned it on LOL. I will turn it off tonight and see if it still does it. Thank you very much!

Thats what I was thinking...I just got both the XR8 plus and SCT and haven't really dove into playing with all the features yet. Thats good to know!

Thats what I was thinking...I just got both the XR8 plus and SCT and haven't really dove into playing with all the features yet. Thats good to know!
Right! Here I was thinking that I fried my ESC while I was soldering it or my 4PLS was taking an early crap on me and it was just a setting that I turned on to try out and forgot about. Lesson learned to try stuff out AFTER I set it up with the basics to make sure everything works as it should.

I just got done messing with everything and it was indeed the coast feature of the esc that was causing it. Thanks a lot @Cmbscx10 and @TBuggy for all of your help. Now to finish up the body.....and remember to put the window stickers in place this time LOL.

I have cut the body roughly and still have to dremel and smooth the edges and the figure out what I want to do with painting, but the car itself is done and ready to jump some hills. I had to excessively cut the wheel wells for the tires, and may still have rubbing when running, so next time I will probably try a different kind of body but I am kind of liking the look of it.
20180712_131146.jpg

Kind of curious why you'd go with MT tires when you already have an MT410...? I thought about running an SCT body but I did that in the past with a truggy and I didn't like how much of the fenders I had to hack up to clear the tires. it's nice how the SCT tires/wheels tuck under but you do lose a lot of bash-ability running tires that small...

Kind of curious why you'd go with MT tires when you already have an MT410...? I thought about running an SCT body but I did that in the past with a truggy and I didn't like how much of the fenders I had to hack up to clear the tires. it's nice how the SCT tires/wheels tuck under but you do lose a lot of bash-ability running tires that small...

Building one of these with the 2.8 wheels & tires is like having a more durable version of the Pro-Line MT. Whole different driving experience than the MT410, granted you could put the 17mm hex version of those on the MT410, but the narrow width makes it more true to 1/10 scale.

I just kind of wanted to do something unique and what I was feeling at the time. I'm not a huge fan of traditional short course trucks and don't like how the tires stick in under the body and throw dirt and everything into the chassis. This one also isn't set up to be nearly as much of a stunt truck as my MT410 is. Also, I already have a 2wd Slash and an Arrma Senton so I didn't want to have three "standard" short course trucks.

Building one of these with the 2.8 wheels & tires is like having a more durable version of the Pro-Line MT. Whole different driving experience than the MT410, granted you could put the 17mm hex version of those on the MT410, but the narrow width makes it more true to 1/10 scale.
The Proline MT 4x4 was actually the look I was going after with it. I really like the looks of that truck and almost bought one but was worried about two things . One being long term part support, since Proline isn't really known for their vehicles and I also didn't like how much plastic there was for $400 kit. I guess it's really only a $300 kit since it comes with body, rims and tires, but still, I'm not a huge fan of a lot of plastic.

Looks cool man! Can’t wait to see it in action!
Honestly, you probably won't see video of it in action. I don't really have a good way to record it besides my phone. And driving a car while recording on my phone probably won't go good LOL. I've thought about getting a GoPro before, but I can't justify spending that much. Also, honestly I'm not really a video and picture kind of person and normally just focus on the fun instead of photographing it. But if I remember, I'll have the wife record it.

I took it out for a driveway and road test and it is actually a blast to drive and handles really well considering the tires on it.

I rolled it once and found out that Krylon Fusion does not work well for rc bodies as about 10% of the paint came off lol. I figured I would try it as i'm looking for something cheaper than $10 for 2 ounces that Tamiya spray paint is. I'm getting an airbrush setup within the next month so I will start practicing and trying that out.

The temp after a 2s was 135 for the motor and 95 for the esc so that is good. Now to do some proper bashing with it in the next week.

looks awesome! I just got done reading a post on Krylon Fusion and how it flakes badly. It looks mean! I love it. The tires a different but I think it looks awesome! Kind of like a stubby ST! :)

looks awesome! I just got done reading a post on Krylon Fusion and how it flakes badly. It looks mean! I love it. The tires a different but I think it looks awesome! Kind of like a stubby ST! :)
Yeah, I read an article like that too. Probably the same article but I figured I would give it a shot as the Tamiya paints get to be expensive for such a little amount. I've got a cheap $20 airbrush coming so then I should be done buying Tamiya spray paints.

Thanks! I like the way that it looks as well. It kind of reminds me of a lifted up half ton with big, wide mudders on it that are half in the wheel well and half out. Hopefully this weekend I can take it out and test it out.

I know it's an old thread, but I just finished building my SCT410.3 last week and had to ream the front arms for ever too, and still wasnt able to get the pins to "drop" through. The weight of the arms was enough to allow them to spin, so I figured that was good enough, plus my arms were tired from reaming haha. My reamer was a brand new Arrowmax one I got that matched all my other tools, so I figure it would be a good one. I think the problem is the arms, not so much the reamers.

Also, not sure if you have seen by now but Proline actually makes a short course body that is designed to be used with the 2.8" truck tires like you have. Looks pretty cool too..

I know it's an old thread, but I just finished building my SCT410.3 last week and had to ream the front arms for ever too, and still wasnt able to get the pins to "drop" through. The weight of the arms was enough to allow them to spin, so I figured that was good enough, plus my arms were tired from reaming haha. My reamer was a brand new Arrowmax one I got that matched all my other tools, so I figure it would be a good one. I think the problem is the arms, not so much the reamers.

Also, not sure if you have seen by now but Proline actually makes a short course body that is designed to be used with the 2.8" truck tires like you have. Looks pretty cool too..
Yeah, I think it's just that the reamers are only 0.01mm larger than the pins. I listened to @TBuggy and got a chainsaw file and had all four arms done in like 5 minutes and there isn't any slop in them. So I think I know what I am using for all future A arms on my vehicles LOL.

Proline had that body for the monster Slash when I got mine and I didn't want to use it. No reason, just wanted to use this body. I am thinking that my next body for it will either be that monster Slash body or a 2019 Silverado but I am also debating putting a narrower monster truck body on it so that I don't have to do as much modification but we will see what mood I am in when I hit the buy button.

Recent Popular Liked

Back