• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chevys10zr2003's Tekno MT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevys10zr2003

Lifetime Premium!
Supporting Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I am currently finishing up my MT and am using a Proline 2017 F150 Raptor body, Dboots Backflips wheels and tires, a JX CLS-HV7346MG servo, Arrma BLX185 motor and ESC with a Futaba 4PLS radio. I can't wait to get it done and test it out.

Pics or it didn't happen @Chevys10zr2003 ;):D
Oh trust me I will put pics up when I get it completed. Hopefully it will be within the next week. I'm excited to try out my Banggood bargain serve to see how it performs.

Oh I also forgot that I am also adding a 20a Castle BEC and Futaba external voltage sensor to keep an eye on my batteries.

When I was assembling my shocks, I couldn't get them to stop bleeding out of the holes in the caps for the rear shocks. I tightened them to the point that I stripped the stock plastic caps. I now have metal caps and tighten them down until the bottom of the cap bottoms out against the shock body......AND THEY STILL LEAK OUT OF THE HOLES!

I have talked to some people out there and I am going to run them as is and if they keep leaking I will grind down the shock caps to get a better squeeze on the shock bladder but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

@Chevys10zr2003 Ryan Lutz has a good video on how he suggests building the Tekno RC shocks, check out the thread How to build Tekno shocks.
Lol I looked for a video and didn't see one before I posted that. You posted it after I made my post so that's why I didnt see anything lol. I'll check it out and maybe try building them again. Thanks a lot @WoodiE.

Oh trust me I will put pics up when I get it completed. Hopefully it will be within the next week. I'm excited to try out my Banggood bargain serve to see how it performs.

Oh I also forgot that I am also adding a 20a Castle BEC and Futaba external voltage sensor to keep an eye on my batteries.

I got a bargain Banggood servo in my SCT410.3. I got the JX PDI-6221MG. For $13 I ain't complaining.

I got a bargain Banggood servo in my SCT410.3. I got the JX PDI-6221MG. For $13 I ain't complaining.
Yeah I have read very good things about the JX servos so I figured I would give it a shot. It was like $50 but it has the specs of a $150+ servo so I figured I would give it a shot. Besides the 4 week shipping it feels solid but we will see how it performs after I finish the car and the snow goes away. If it is awesome I will need to get three more for my Arrmas.

Yeah I have read very good things about the JX servos so I figured I would give it a shot. It was like $50 but it has the specs of a $150+ servo so I figured I would give it a shot. Besides the 4 week shipping it feels solid but we will see how it performs after I finish the car and the snow goes away. If it is awesome I will need to get three more for my Arrmas.

I know the MT410 will use bigger tires so it will need more power.
That's the same reason I bought one. Read good things about them. I've had mine in my SCT for about a year and a half. No problems. But I don't race. I just have fun.

When I was assembling my shocks, I couldn't get them to stop bleeding out of the holes in the caps for the rear shocks. I tightened them to the point that I stripped the stock plastic caps. I now have metal caps and tighten them down until the bottom of the cap bottoms out against the shock body......AND THEY STILL LEAK OUT OF THE HOLES!

I have talked to some people out there and I am going to run them as is and if they keep leaking I will grind down the shock caps to get a better squeeze on the shock bladder but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

They leak because the bladders swell and won't stay put. Mine were only a month or two old, might have to change brand..

I built my Tekno shocks using the emulsion method. This method doesn't use the shock bladder, but it does use a o-ring. Haven't had a problem with leaking.

might have to change brand..

Before buying a Tekno. I did a lot of searching online and what I found was that Tekno shocks are some of the best.

I'm still using the stock plastic caps and they don't leak at all. They been through some huge jumps to flat landing and still good. Make sure you put your bladders in the cap first before assembling. That will keep the bladder from shifting while threading the cap.

I'm still using the stock plastic caps and they don't leak at all. They been through some huge jumps to flat landing and still good. Make sure you put your bladders in the cap first before assembling. That will keep the bladder from shifting while threading the cap.
Yes the bladders were in there first. I don't know if I got an out of tolerance shock body or what but I will try it as is first.

Recent Popular Liked

Back