• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chevys10zr2003's Tekno MT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. Here are pics for everybody. Here is my almost completed chassis.
20180409_213742.jpg

Here is the body that is going on it.
20180409_214150.jpg

I'm having trouble attaching the picture showing everything else to go on it but I'll try again in a little bit here.

Edit: I am guessing that the file size limit is between 2.27mb and 2.45mb.....ask me why I am guessing that. Lol

Last edited:
Warning. This is kind of a rant as I just got done working on the vehicle and I'm still kind of upset.

Overall the quality of the parts feel amazing and go together flawlessly and smooth. I was putting the side guards on the vehicle and I had it upside down to put the screws in from the bottom. After a couple minutes I noticed a puddle under my vehicle and noticed that both rear shocks almost had a steady stream of shock fluid coming out of the bleeder holes. They are now completely drained of fluid and that fluid is all over my differential, a arms, and everything else in the back of the vehicle. At this point I don't know what the hell to do. The only thing I can think of at this point is that I got a bad batch of rear shock bodies that don't allow the bladder to be squeezed tight enough. The front shocks sealed perfectly and feel beautiful and smooth but I just cannot get the rear ones to seal.

So now I'm left needing more shock oil, and who knows what else. I'm really thinking that I may just have to order a new set of rear shocks and either scrap these or save them for parts. And if I get the new ones to deal maybe compare them to these and see what is causing these to leak.

The only other issue that I have with this vehicle is the chassis. I really wish that they would have made the chassis a little larger so that you didnt need to have everything crammed together to the point where all of the components are touching one another. I'm trying to figure out where in the hell I'm going to have room to mount simple small things like my BEC and external voltage sensor. I'm thinking I may have to mount them on top of the receiver cover as there wont really be any room on the chassis.

As mad as I seem to be, I still am really looking forward to getting this thing completed and out driving since it seems like it's an awesome vehicle but I think I might put it on the shelf for like a month and come back to it at a later date.

End of rant lol

There's definitely something going on with the shocks. I can see getting one bad shock possibly, but 2? Did you drill the hole where the dimple was? Were your cap threaded on straight? I noticed that getting them threaded on straight was a bit of a challenge and I had to make a few attempts at getting the threads started correctly. If this isn't a user error caused by the mental fatigue of the twelve previous steps, and is indeed a manufacturing defect, perhaps you would want to look at the caps as the culprit instead of the shock bodies themselves.

I have an extra set of rear shocks laying around and could send you the caps to try out. ALternatively, you could take one of the caps from the non-leaking front shocks and try them in the rear. If they don't leak, then you have figured out the issue.

As for where to put the BEC and extra voltage sensors...not sure on the BEC. I didn't use one as my ESC had the built ins and I'm not running a high voltage servo. The voltage sensors could go behind the battery tray. That's a big empty space just sitting there.

There's definitely something going on with the shocks. I can see getting one bad shock possibly, but 2? Did you drill the hole where the dimple was? Were your cap threaded on straight? I noticed that getting them threaded on straight was a bit of a challenge and I had to make a few attempts at getting the threads started correctly. If this isn't a user error caused by the mental fatigue of the twelve previous steps, and is indeed a manufacturing defect, perhaps you would want to look at the caps as the culprit instead of the shock bodies themselves.

I have an extra set of rear shocks laying around and could send you the caps to try out. ALternatively, you could take one of the caps from the non-leaking front shocks and try them in the rear. If they don't leak, then you have figured out the issue.

As for where to put the BEC and extra voltage sensors...not sure on the BEC. I didn't use one as my ESC had the built ins and I'm not running a high voltage servo. The voltage sensors could go behind the battery tray. That's a big empty space just sitting there.
Yeah I was, and still am wondering what the heck is going on since it's both of them. Yes, I drilled a Ø1/16" hole, right where the dimple was on the plastic caps and the metal caps came with the bleeder holes already in them.

So here is how it went. I put together the front shocks with the plastic caps. Everything sealed and went great. Put together the rear shocks with the plastic caps four times and couldn't get them to stop leaking out of the bleeder holes. The fourth time I would check it, tighten 1/8 turn, check, 1/8 turn and so on and they were still leaking when I stripped out the plastic caps.

So, I ordered four metal caps (TKR6003B) since I figured that if I was upgrading the rear caps, might as well upgrade the fronts. Put together the front shocks again with the metal caps. Again, first try, no issues. Then I put the rears together three times and every time they have leaked. With these when I tighten them I can clearly feel that I hit a hard stop and I look and the bottom of the shock cap is against the "ledge" at the bottom of the threads on the shock body. So I am either thinking that I get two bladders that are too thin, and they just coincidentally both went into my two rear shocks, or the portion or the shock body above this "ledge" is too short.

That's also the reason that I don't think that the shock caps are the culprit since I have tried both the plastic and the metal caps and had issues with both.

I think I am going to just wait a couple weeks and order rear shocks for the ET48.3 or I might try grinding the bottoms of the shock caps down 1mm which should allow for a better clamp on the rubber bladder.

I noticed that open area behind the batteries too and that's where I was thinking of mounting the bec and voltage sensor.

^hmmm

Well there goes my simple and easy theory. :LOL:

Have you called Tekno? This should clearly fall under the warranty thing considering that you never even ran the vehicle. I'm willing to bet that they'd get you a new set of shock bodies.

^hmmm

Well there goes my simple and easy theory. :LOL:

Have you called Tekno? This should clearly fall under the warranty thing considering that you never even ran the vehicle. I'm willing to bet that they'd get you a new set of shock bodies.
HAHA I was hoping for a simple and easy fix as well. No, I haven't contacted Tekno on this issue. I was thinking about getting the ET48 shocks and comparing parts side by side and see if I can figure out, without a doubt, that the shock bodies are the issue. But now I am kind of wondering if maybe I should contact them first before I spend more money on another set of shocks. Granted I could always use them on my Kraton if I end up with extra shocks, so it wouldn't be a total loss.

I am kind of wondering if maybe I should contact them first before I spend more money on another set of shocks. Granted I could always use them on my Kraton if I end up with extra shocks, so it wouldn't be a total loss.

Which is exactly why I happen to have another set laying around. I bought them back in November, put them together, but had a problem getting standoffs from some supplier. They mailed me one set and said, "Sorry, we only had one pair in stock so here's the refund for the other. After that, i never grabbed another set of stand offs and they've just been sitting there.

I do like the ET shocks come with the TI coated shafts and aluminum caps though. Will be my next upgrades in the shock department if/when I snap another shaft or break a cap.

That and the self lubricating pistons.

Update:
After @L3 RC suggested that I contact Tekno, I did do that. After 3 days, with 12 emails going back and forth with pictures of everything, and one half hour phone conversation, and another 3 days waiting for shipping, they sent me two new shock bladders and a bottle of shock oil. The shock oil was my request since I had lost so much oil due to leaking and rebuilding the shocks and wouldn't have had enough on hand to finish the shocks. I installed the new bladders and assembled the shocks and voila, the shocks aren't leaking anymore.

I am extremely happy that this issue is resolved and my awesome kit is now able to be completed but I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the customer service. Most customer services would have most likely sent out new complete rear shock assemblies after a couple emails and pictures of the assembly and leaking. But regardless it is fixed and I am now on my way to completion!

Update:
After @L3 RC suggested that I contact Tekno, I did do that. After 3 days, with 12 emails going back and forth with pictures of everything, and one half hour phone conversation, and another 3 days waiting for shipping, they sent me two new shock bladders and a bottle of shock oil. The shock oil was my request since I had lost so much oil due to leaking and rebuilding the shocks and wouldn't have had enough on hand to finish the shocks. I installed the new bladders and assembled the shocks and voila, the shocks aren't leaking anymore.

I am extremely happy that this issue is resolved and my awesome kit is now able to be completed but I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the customer service. Most customer services would have most likely sent out new complete rear shock assemblies after a couple emails and pictures of the assembly and leaking. But regardless it is fixed and I am now on my way to completion!

This is the first time I've heard about a shock build gone bad with a Tekno shock set. Obviously nothing you did, and I'm happy for you it's been resolved.
You're on your way to a great build and after the struggles I guarantee you will love the truck.

Here's where I mounted my BEC on my ET48.3. It was velcro'ed to the side guard.

This is the first time I've heard about a shock build gone bad with a Tekno shock set. Obviously nothing you did, and I'm happy for you it's been resolved.
You're on your way to a great build and after the struggles I guarantee you will love the truck.

Here's where I mounted my BEC on my ET48.3. It was velcro'ed to the side guard.

why use a BEC? savox servo THAT hungry? that is why i don't use Savox servos any more...

That might be the first time I've heard anything but a positive review about customer service. Glad to hear it's been resolved in the end though.

why use a BEC? savox servo THAT hungry? that is why i don't use Savox servos any more...

Internal BEC was shot in the MM2 I was running. Why I switched to Hobbywing and still have 10 Savox servos:ROFLMAO:

Thanks @Pauly. I was starting to wonder if it was something I was doing as well since I haven't heard of issues with the Tekno shocks. LOL Maybe I was doing something wrong and I happened to do it right this last time. Maybe the bladders had a defect. Who knows. The important thing is that it is good now.

@RC_User I am using an external BEC since I am using a factory Arrma ESC, which has a 6v BEC and this way I can change it to 7.2v and I won't have any issues in the future with brown outs regardless of what ESC and servo I am using.

@WoodiE It's not a negative review on their customer service, just a neutral review. I was just a little disappointed that I had to jump through all of these hoops and waste hours between taking pictures, and writing emails and having phone conversations for two little rubber bladders. HAHA I agree though that the important thing is that they took care of the issue and their people are very knowledgeable.

Glad to hear they got it handled and that you aren't shelving your build anymore! Sucks that they made you jump through hoops to get replacements but hopefully you won't ever need to deal with it again - I mean what else could ever actually go wrong.

ah ok, makes sense. didnt realize you were using an ESC limited to 6v! definitely worth going to a BEC to get a 7.2v output! I hope to try 8.4v one day!

My truck is done for the most part. I still have to install the external BEC and voltage sensor but I will do that later. My servo on 5-6v is actually pretty fast and powerful. I'm looking forward to seeing it later on 7.2v!

I finished up painting and applying decals to the body today. I also took it out driving without the body yesterday and today to make sure everything was working right and get trims set and everything.......rolled it doing a wheelie in reverse.....ground down the body posts and scraped the front shock tower and one shock cap :rolleyes:. I saw things going differently in my head.....LOL

Tomorrow is my maiden voyage. I'm taking my MT410 and my 5 year old with his Kraton out to do some jumps and have a blast. Hopefully all goes well and we have a long day driving. If not, we will go fishing!:p

Not too happy with the body. I thought there were window decals. Nope. There were stickers to put inside to make clear windows. Found this out AFTER I had it painted and was putting decals on. Oh well I'll just have to make sure to remember that for my next body.

20180527_005052.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back