• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chevys10zr2003 SCT410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife asked what I wanted to do for Father’s Day? I said to go to the rc track on Saturday with the whole family. Took the dog too. :love: My six year old finished 4th out of 8 in rookies. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Looking forward to seeing how your build goes.
Sounds like GREAT way to spend fathers day!

I finally got started on my SCT after a long day of fishing with the wife and kids. I didn't get very far in the build, but I did get all three diffs built with 30k in the front, 60k center and 15k rear.

I also forgot that leaving the diff fluids just below the top makes for a lot of cleaning up afterwards. Oops lol oh well. I'll remember next time....hopefully.

Hoping I get to work on it tomorrow more. I love building these things.

20180624_225940.jpg

I made more progress last night.

I got the front and rear diff housings built.
20180625_224029.jpg

I also got a pretty good start on the rear end of the vehicle.
20180625_230203.jpg

I am hoping to finish up the rear tonight and get a good start on the front but we will see how everything goes.

I got the rear completed and the front started. Although I didn't get near as far as I wanted and will be waiting a little bit until I get a new arm reamer. The rear arms were loose enough that the pins just dropped through but the front arms are really tight.

I used my EDS arm reamer on them for about 10 minutes and they were still tight and I measured the reamer and it was 3.98mm and the hinge pins were 3.97mm. This also explains why it took almost an hour and a half to ream out the arms for my MT410. I was thinking of getting a Hudy reamer but don't really know what's all out there for reamers.

20180626_224940.jpg

I have always used chainsaw files...they work perfect and are way cheap compared to a RC branded arm reamers.

Check these out:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oregon-Chainsaw-Sharpening-File/1112123

Just chuck it up in a drill and "voila"!
Thanks for the help. I was going to go to my local Menards after work and see what they all had. So I will check these out while I am there. Online they have a #19 drill bit on clearance for $0.44 so I might pick that up too. Assuming I can find the one that they have listed in stock LOL.

I forgot to update this last night when I finished but I was tired. I finished up the front of the vehicle and now tonight I get to tackle the steering and probably the shocks. I stripped out one of the hubs so I have new ones of those coming Monday and will have to redo one of them. Kind of sucks but it is what it is and wasn't anyone's fault but my own for not checking that it was in straight.

20180628_192907.jpg

Tonight I got the steering all done and the front end mounted onto the chassis. If I stay home tomorrow night I am planning on getting the rear end put on the chassis as well as getting the shocks all done. Also, tomorrow I should be getting my Castle 6.5mm bullets delivered that I am using for my motor to esc connectors. Then I can start soldering up everything for my esc.

20180628_225926.jpg

So last night I ended up spending the night at my brother in laws and then I went to the zoo today all day with the wife and kids so I didn't get any work done.

Tonight however I got the center stuff put on the chassis as well as the rear end put on the chassis.
20180630_220940.jpg

I got the shocks built using my homemade shock holder lol. They went together flawlessly as did the four Tekno shocks for my Arrma Typhon so I'm guessing that the issues I had with my MT410 shocks were a fluke
20180630_232612.jpg

I got all four shocks mounted on the vehicle.
20180701_000900.jpg

Tomorrow, if I have time (probably won't seeing as it is the wife's birthday but you never know) I will be soldering up and installing the servo, ESC and motor.
20180701_001103.jpg

It's starting to look like a vehicle and bearing completion!

Build is looking good! How do you like the hobby star? I think I might go with one that chainsaw recommended for my et build. What servo are you using?

Also what size drill bit did you use to make your shock stand? I have scrap boards and was planning on making one instead of purchasing one.

Build is looking good! How do you like the hobby star? I think I might go with one that chainsaw recommended for my et build. What servo are you using?

Also what size drill bit did you use to make your shock stand? I have scrap boards and was planning on making one instead of purchasing one.
I haven't actually ran the Hobbystar motor yet so I can't say for sure. The specs and the fact it was sensored appealed to me so I thought I would give it a shot after hearing great things about them. My servo is Blue Bird BMS-28A. I used a 3/4" wood bit as the shock body was .745" in diameter and the "ledge" on the shock body that the shock cap goes against is larger than 3/4" so it rests on that ledge or the preload adjustment ring if that is already installed.

I also have holders for my XT150 bullets drilled into the same piece of wood for soldering too. I didn't want to spend the money on a soldering jig and didn't like the fact that most soldering jigs are aluminum so they pull heat OUT of the bullet, which makes soldering more difficult.
20180701_120027.jpg

Sweet. I’m going to do the same. I have the materials and bits for it.

Edit: I just looked at the specs on the servo you are using. That is pretty nice for $60!

Last edited:
I got the stripped out spindle carrier changed out on the front passenger side, so that is all fixed now. I got the electronics all soldered up and installed.

I made it to the servo linkage and remembered how horribly designed that is. It's an odd angle to try and get the nut in place and steps O-6 and O-7 should actually be done back at step I in my opinion. Every place on this build where there is a built in plastic nut holder, the nut holder has failed and the nut turns in the plastic. Just a bad design from the start. So I will probably take a couple of days off to get unfrustrated with it before I work on it again.
20180704_182449.jpg

Have a happy and safe 4th of July everyone!

It’s looking good man! What color are you gong to paint the body?
Thanks a lot. I'm actually not sure on the color of the body. I was kind of thinking white but I would have to get the paint. I might do green as I already have a can of Tamiya green. I think I might do this body with two different colors and try out the wife's Cricut I got her for Mothers day.

I got the stripped out spindle carrier changed out on the front passenger side, so that is all fixed now. I got the electronics all soldered up and installed.

I made it to the servo linkage and remembered how horribly designed that is. It's an odd angle to try and get the nut in place and steps O-6 and O-7 should actually be done back at step I in my opinion. Every place on this build where there is a built in plastic nut holder, the nut holder has failed and the nut turns in the plastic. Just a bad design from the start. So I will probably take a couple of days off to get unfrustrated with it before I work on it again.
View attachment 917

Have a happy and safe 4th of July everyone!

I small drop of CA glue keeps those nuts in the plastic in place.

I small drop of CA glue keeps those nuts in the plastic in place.
Thanks @TBuggy for the advice. I will try that next time. The other problem is that the steering nut is such a pain to get to after the steering assembly is already installed on the chassis.

So I am basically done with the build (Except for the body)! I'm really liking the look of it though.
20180710_223350.jpg

I have two questions.
1. How is everyone attaching the antenna tube to the receiver box?
2. When I just tap the throttle, it will run and continue to run for like 2-4 seconds. It only does this in drive and not reverse. What could be causing this?

So I am basically done with the build (Except for the body)! I'm really liking the look of it though.
View attachment 954

I have two questions.
1. How is everyone attaching the antenna tube to the receiver box?
2. When I just tap the throttle, it will run and continue to run for like 2-4 seconds. It only does this in drive and not reverse. What could be causing this?

1. The antenna tube goes in the hole in the rear of the receiver box then there should be a grub screw that screws into the smaller hole next to it so it wedges it in place. Personally I just wrap antenna wire neatly and stuff in side the box. Every antenna I have had installed just gets ripped off eventually, unless you tuck it under the body I suppose.

2. When you say continue to run do you mean "with power" or it will it just keep rolling? perhaps its an ESC setting?

Recent Popular Liked

Back