• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

BUILD/REVIEW SCT410.3

Billl DeLong

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
EB410, EB48, ET48, ET410, SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
P Bag:

Build is complete, I plan to race this truck tomorrow night and try dial in the setup, so far this is my baseline starting point, fingers crossed that I'm in the right ballpark!

I have some upgrades marked on my setup that are on order, should have them installed next week!

LIV3FAST

Reaction score
I noticed you still have the plastic servo horn. I finally got the tekno aluminum servo horn to replace the quickly stripped out plastic one. Tekno recommends the inner hole, the outer hole matches the stock plastic one. I assume the outer hole increases total travel and has more leverage. I installed it with the inner hole and it seems to hit the steering stops, so I'm sure it's fine. Any thoughs?

Billl DeLong

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
Driving Style
Racer
I noticed you still have the plastic servo horn. I finally got the tekno aluminum servo horn to replace the quickly stripped out plastic one. Tekno recommends the inner hole, the outer hole matches the stock plastic one. I assume the outer hole increases total travel and has more leverage. I installed it with the inner hole and it seems to hit the steering stops, so I'm sure it's fine. Any thoughs?
I have since installed all the "Recommended Upgrades" in my listing of the OP to include the aluminum servo arm, I was fortunate to not strip the stock plastic horn with only 1 race day. I did in fact go with the outer hole on the aluminum horn. I was careful to reset my EPA so that servo travel went from steering stop to steering stop. Truck feels dialed, but I am running a backup 540-3900KV 4 pole motor.... when I swapped out electronics from the old rig I had discovered that my HobbyWing 3660-4300KV motor had a cracked can along one of the ribs... HW was nice enough to RMA the motor with a deep discount, but they accidentally shipped me the wrong motor so I will need to continue running the backup motor a little while longer.

Worth noting that the 540 motor is still competitive, it's able to get up to comparable top speed and can clear the large 1/8 triple just fine, but it definitely accelerates more slowly which can be a good thing for sportsman level drivers, the truck will feel like it has more control in the chicanes, but corner exit speed is sluggish. What cracks me up is that it only pulls 2500mAh of juice out of a 5 min qual where my 540-5.5T 2 Pole motor in my Mini Truggy pulls around 3000mAh for a 5 min qual, talk about efficiency!

LIV3FAST

Reaction score
I've been running mine on a similar motor. Castle 1410 3800kv, but on 3s with 14t gearing. I was worried about run time and heat on 2s, but now you got me wanting to try it. Probably should before I go and buy a 1415 or 3660.

Curvin

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Thanks for the thread Bill, and also your other contributions re the SCT410's across multiple forums over the years.

Helped me in my decisions and builds , having 2 x SCT410's now, one being an OG and the other .3.

I dont race but have a ball bashing on 3S/4S, with the option of converting either back to 2S race trim if need be with a spare Tekin HD 4600KV.

Billl DeLong

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
Driving Style
Racer
So my RMA from HobbyWing came in yesterday's mail, the case of the motor had cracked after years of use in my .1, so this time I've decided to add some support by using double sided tape and a 3mm block of kydex, then put an extra layer of CA glue just to make sure it stays put. Time will tell if this mod holds up :)

Billl DeLong

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
Driving Style
Racer
First race day with the new 550 motor and I am very pleased with the results, I am most impressed with how much more efficient the .3 is compared to the .1, what I have noticed is that for each 5 min race + 2 min of practice, I was only having to put roughly 2.5Ah of charge back into the pack with the 540 motor, and last night was around 3Ah with the 550 motor... with the .1 truck I was easily charging 4.5Ah of juice for the same duration of use!

The truck is way more responsive but I will need to learn throttle control where I must admit that my consistency was actually better with the 540 motor, however I was able to drop 0.2 sec off my PR fast lap with the 550 motor, main problem was that I had a tendency to over jump the large triple with the new motor.

I was fortunate to pick up TQ and the win last night for our club race :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B MT410 0
H RC Builds 5
piccopower MT410 6
WoodiE ET410 2

Recent Popular Liked