• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

BUILD/REVIEW SCT410.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally got around to installing this 3660-1800KV motor in the truck with a 19T pinion:
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...-4-pole-brushless-sensored-4x4-sct-motor.html

I paired it up with this LCG 4S LiPo from SMC, perfect fit with the stock battery straps:
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=549

I ran 1 practice session which lasted nearly 21 minutes before I hit LVC, then I checked the motor temp which read 142°F

Here's a link to the practice session, note that it was listed under my son's name because he's been racing the truck for the past 3 months:

https://trc.liverc.com/practice/?p=view_session&id=8182598

View attachment 6082

Now keep in mind that I had 4 short breaks where I had to make some tuning changes to the radio settings, so if you take my overall average of 40 sec/lap into the 28 laps that I completed that works out to 18.7 min pure run time at 100% hard driving which is still pretty darn impressive!

Unfortunately my son couldn't race last night, so I decided to race the truck myself and got Q2 on the grid and was able to settle down in the main without any wrecks to take the win. Both the 2nd and 3rd place drivers had a faster fast lap than me, but it came down to consistency to take the win, ignore the entry for Connor as he was running 2WD Buggy mixed in with our group:
https://trc.liverc.com/results/?p=view_race_result&id=2794583

View attachment 6083

No doubt I was getting faster every battery pack, but I was also running into some snap over steer issues when going off power from the straights into sharp corners, so I've got some setup changes to make tomorrow to address that issue. Hopefully I can knock a few more tenths off my fast lap before Saturday where I will get to race the truck again and should have an updated setup sheet to include the recent changes I've made.

With the 4S setup, the throttle timing is almost identical to my 4S powered ebuggy, which is really nice so that both classes compliment each other now! I found that running my SCT back to back with ebuggy was making me faster each round with both classes respectively :)

Seriously... everyone should be running these on 4S, it would be awesome to get a 15 min main just like the nitro's get, ha!

Question regarding the battery LCG 4S LiPo from SMC (link is not working).

Is there an equivalent pack listed here on the smc site? https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=67_96

So I finally got around to installing this 3660-1800KV motor in the truck with a 19T pinion:
https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...-4-pole-brushless-sensored-4x4-sct-motor.html

I paired it up with this LCG 4S LiPo from SMC, perfect fit with the stock battery straps:
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=549

I ran 1 practice session which lasted nearly 21 minutes before I hit LVC, then I checked the motor temp which read 142°F

Here's a link to the practice session, note that it was listed under my son's name because he's been racing the truck for the past 3 months:

https://trc.liverc.com/practice/?p=view_session&id=8182598

View attachment 6082

Now keep in mind that I had 4 short breaks where I had to make some tuning changes to the radio settings, so if you take my overall average of 40 sec/lap into the 28 laps that I completed that works out to 18.7 min pure run time at 100% hard driving which is still pretty darn impressive!

Unfortunately my son couldn't race last night, so I decided to race the truck myself and got Q2 on the grid and was able to settle down in the main without any wrecks to take the win. Both the 2nd and 3rd place drivers had a faster fast lap than me, but it came down to consistency to take the win, ignore the entry for Connor as he was running 2WD Buggy mixed in with our group:
https://trc.liverc.com/results/?p=view_race_result&id=2794583

View attachment 6083

No doubt I was getting faster every battery pack, but I was also running into some snap over steer issues when going off power from the straights into sharp corners, so I've got some setup changes to make tomorrow to address that issue. Hopefully I can knock a few more tenths off my fast lap before Saturday where I will get to race the truck again and should have an updated setup sheet to include the recent changes I've made.

With the 4S setup, the throttle timing is almost identical to my 4S powered ebuggy, which is really nice so that both classes compliment each other now! I found that running my SCT back to back with ebuggy was making me faster each round with both classes respectively :)

Seriously... everyone should be running these on 4S, it would be awesome to get a 15 min main just like the nitro's get, ha!
First off i want to thank you for all the help this thread been for me over this past year. I'm currently going up to 4S myself right now andwas wondering what Connector and servo your running these days? Thanks again.

First off i want to thank you for all the help this thread been for me over this past year. I'm currently going up to 4S myself right now andwas wondering what Connector and servo your running these days? Thanks again.

I'm currently using an EC5 connector and an AGFrc servo, though I don't recommend AGFrc for the following reasons:

I plan to replace the AFGrc servo with the following servo when the AGFrc fails (again):

The SRT9032 is a great servo!!!!
I did go for a Promodeler (1155) as that seems to have good reviews and tons of power, but its been stuck in the post and hasn't moved for the past 10 days or so - just my luck! If it doesn't arrive I'll just switch back to the SRT9032 as its available local to me and I've had good experience with it in the past.

As for connectors, I generally use XT90

Last edited:
F Bag:

You will need to "break in" the threads on all the turnbuckles, I chuck the turnbuckles into a drill and drive the bit "in and out" a total of 3 times, then pack a small dab of grease into the thread opening before hand tightening the ball ends, you should not have to use a wrench to tighten the ball ends.

49470727763_4a7d78480b_c.jpg

Sometimes you might get a ball end that is "out of round" and if the ball doesn't move freely without any bind, then you may need to use ball link pliers to pinch the plastic to get it to take proper shape and free up any binding.

49466655658_6f1a2bd026_c.jpg

Also be very careful not to drive the turnbuckle too deep or you risk creating a dimple inside the ball link, if this happens then I recommend using a dremel to grind out the dimple.
49470727928_d65f6753d9_c.jpg

Because I race other 1/10 classes, I prefer to use a 7mm hex bit on my driver to quickly remove my wheels to clean them between rounds without having to swap bits. The stock wheel nuts require an 8mm hex bit which is not practical for me, so I will opt to use these Aluminum M5 serrated nuts from PR Racing which work very well on both my 401R and 401R-T platforms that I currently race.

49467376307_8976fb64e0_c.jpg

Everything else was easy to follow.
49466655528_d0ee5f63ef_c.jpg
Hey Bill, I am following your setup sheet for 'summer' that you linked to. For the rear end you are using 2C for the rear camber link setup. Did you use the stock camber link or lengthened it more then 25.5mm as indicated in instructions?

Hey Bill, I am following your setup sheet for 'summer' that you linked to. For the rear end you are using 2C for the rear camber link setup. Did you use the stock camber link or lengthened it more then 25.5mm as indicated in instructions?
I definitely changed the length of the exposed turnbuckle, but that was based on the ride height and camber settings, I didn't measure the distance with a caliper. That 25.5mm is just a ballpark anyway, folks will need to adjust the turnbuckles on a setup board when the build is complete.

I definitely changed the length of the exposed turnbuckle, but that was based on the ride height and camber settings, I didn't measure the distance with a caliper. That 25.5mm is just a ballpark anyway, folks will need to adjust the turnbuckles on a setup board when the build is complete.
ok that makes sense then. Thanks and your build thread has been so helpful for me after 15 years out of RC!!

I just realized that I never posted my results from a 20 min main that I raced last year mixed in with nitro buggy to help make a full heat and my SCT made the whole 20 min on a single charge. Only catch was I reduced the throttle EPA to 85% which was fine for me to clear all the large triples and I was smooth on the acceleration and was very gentle on the braking to conserve power, my only goal was to finish a 20 min main, which was a success!

1657211743632.png

1657211762129.png

1657211779433.png

1657211791914.png

*** For some reason there seems to be a time limit and I can no longer update the OP.

I sold my SCT410.3 around Sep 2021 and no longer will be updating this thread.

Recent Popular Liked

Back