• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What is your LiPo battery of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turnigy Basher 6S 4000mah hard case
Can't beat this pack for the price, they're around $50. These packs have worked great for me. They don't have the best IR but that is to be expected because they're so cheap.

Turnigy Graphene 6S 5000mah soft case
This battery is a beast, they can handle big motors and big pinions with ease. They have a super low IR after tons of abuse.

SMC 4S 6700mah hard case
I only use these when I need to go slow (rc track). One of them works fine but the other pack is starting to lose a cell.
Do you have any experience with the Turnigy Heavy Duty batteries? I have been looking into getting some of them but am not really sure if they are decent or not.

Just got a couple Hobbystar 4S 5200mah 100c lipos and am really digging them so far got them when they had a sale too so they were only about $50.

I have a couple ProTek pack but most of mine are SMC... all my race packs are SMC... my radio battery is a Protek

Anyone know if the SMC 6S 5200mah battery fits in ET battery tray?

SMC 6700 6s. Price is right. Not cheap, not outrageous for a grade A LiPo.

What are you running this in?

So are the SMC batteries better than the Turnigy Graphene batteries? I’m ready to order a 6S battery and I can either get the SMC 5400mah hard pack battery for $100 or a Graphene 6000mah soft pack for about $115.

Everyone has their favorite type of LiPo batteries they run in their RCs. For my I'm a fan of the SMC Racing batteries!

What LiPo batteries do you recommend?
I’ve ran SMC for years just switched over to Fantom packs

In the past I used CommonSense (Lectron Pro) for 2s. Now that I am running 4s I am using ProMatch batteries. I get the 4s 6500 with 75c and burst to 150.

So are the SMC batteries better than the Turnigy Graphene batteries? I’m ready to order a 6S battery and I can either get the SMC 5400mah hard pack battery for $100 or a Graphene 6000mah soft pack for about $115.

Wish I saw this earlier. The Graphene's are hands down better in performance and IR than SMC. Not saying SMC is bad by any means and not trying to start a brand battle but from what I've experienced the Graphene's are a step better. Especially noticeable in high amp draw applications like 5th scale brushless systems.

Running smc is the tekno sct410.3 and phantom on the tekno eb48.4. All are working great.

SMC for the win. I have bought every type of battery from gensacearespammers to expensive Venom batteries, only to find that SMC offers great batteries at a competitive price. It also doesn't hurt that they are located in Virginia (me too!) so shipping seems to be overnight.

I trust SMC to be on point with the packs capacity and C ratings. They seem to be as honest as they come.
Any smc I have purchased has puffed up crazy and wont balance for crap. Gens ace and hobbystar are the best balancing lipo batteries out on the market. Most people dont know much about lipos but I have almost every kind and my gens ace and hobbystar blow smc out of the water. The 5 smc packs I got all puff up and can barely balance on my hitec and protek charger and when it finishes its .20_.30 out per cell.

Any smc I have purchased has puffed up crazy and wont balance for crap. Gens ace and hobbystar are the best balancing lipo batteries out on the market. Most people dont know much about lipos but I have almost every kind and my gens ace and hobbystar blow smc out of the water. The 5 smc packs I got all puff up and can barely balance on my hitec and protek charger and when it finishes its .20_.30 out per cell.

Just stating that my experience was a little different without the brands you mentioned.

Out of 6 of my SMC lipos (5x 2s and 1x 4s) only one 2s shorty is puffed and I am pretty sure it was from when I left it my vehicle on accident while charged over the weekend during the summer, YIKES!

Out of the 4 gens ace lipos (2x 4s and 2x 2s) I have both of the 4s internal solder tabs kept coming loose making the battery completely useless until I opened it back up and then re-soldered the balance wires. This happened so many times the I got irritated and now they are just sitting...useless.

As for Hobbystar, I only have one 4s lipo and I will have to say it has been a really good pack so far. It does have the very slightest puff but I am not really worried about it.

Perhaps you may just need to run them for a little longer for some reason. The charger is probably timing out because the numbers you say its finishing at, is not balanced obviously. If you run them when they are out of balance they will only continue to get further and further out of balance to point where you may need to run them an extra cycle to get them back fully balanced. All cells will charge and discharge at slightly different rates, the more you stay on top of it the longer they last. There are ways to balance single cells using the balance plug, this may help so you can bring one cell closer to the same voltage of the other with out affecting other cells. I always balance my lipos 100% (while stored and while charging) even if they take a second cycle and due to this I think my lipos generally last quite some time.

I am no expert though.

I have one SMC battery and it has puffed out some by the leads

I was on SMC, just switched to Reedy Zappers and Trinity White Carbon... holy perfection on balance and low resistance.

AGREED, the lower C rating had me curious... but my understanding... manufactures tend to do as they please with that.

I have a couple SMC packs (2s True spec Premium, I think) absolutely the worst packs I have, compared to similar packs from Power hobby,and hobby power, they are slow!!!!!! Like at least 5 mph difference.

They haven't puffed yet, but they drive me nuts when I run them right after a different brand, seems like slow motion.

Why in the world does a mention of Gens Ace automatically get edited to include "is a spammer"? I wasn't even advocating for them but my post gets edited.

Silly.

I run the Protek LiHV silicon graphene packs in all my rigs, even got a couple of the small 3s versions for my heavily modified crawler. Never had I purchased high end batteries, or a charger for that matter (Protek Duo Touch 625) before, and they are so much better than anything I've used before. I picked up 4 of the 6500mah 100c 4s packs a couple months ago and have around 20 to 25 cycles on each. With my cutoffs set at 3.45 on all my rigs I still get anywhere from 19 to 23 minutes on the track with them. Plus they never seem to noticeably fall off in performance all the way to cutoff. Own 6 in total and have had zero issues with them. Only complaint is they are pretty expensive...

I’ve been trying a few different 4S batteries. So far the Reedy Silicon Graphenes have been top dog. Run time is excellent, punch is noticeable. Cheaper than the MaxAmps and I like the hard case too. They are also HV which does make a difference in run time. $125 on the Hobbytown website, I payed more...... Maxamps are really nice too, but way too much money. Less runtime as they are not HV.
B631C271-87E1-4383-AB13-EDDFC2A4DF31.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back