• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

4S Lipo and BRCA wanting to race in UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickdangerousxd

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
I bought two new Gens Ace 6750mah 4S 70C lipo for the EB48 2.0 I'm yet to complete the build of.

I didn't realise that the BRCA have a homologated 4S lipo battery list and while Gens Ace brand are listed my specific battery is not.

Will I be able to race at a UK club meet with my 6750s 4S's or not?

I was also looking at 8000-9000mah Lipo also as local club runs 22 minute races but these were by GNB which are also not listed. I'm limited to 140mm long on my Tekno EB48 2.0 and this brand would have fitted but again not on BRCA list.

Suggestions welcome for 4s lipo ideally 100C or more. I believe I would need 8000mah or greater for 22 minute race on astro?

I only race 1/10 but a couple of the 1/8 guys were talking about the requirements of having to run 2x 2S lipo’s to get the mah as there was a single 4S mah limit (or something along those lines)

I only race 1/10 but a couple of the 1/8 guys were talking about the requirements of having to run 2x 2S lipo’s to get the mah as there was a single 4S mah limit (or something along those lines)
A guy at club did have 2 X 2S lipo with bullet connectors I guess I could replicate if required. I received update from two clubs advising in UK can run any 4S not on BRCA homologation list it's just if I/someone was racing in national comp. A guy with a 1/8 truggy had a 9000mah setup but his truggy weighs 8lbs versus my EB48 2.0 6.5lbs but I doubt 6750mah will do a 20+ minute race regardless so another lipo required or two. Thanks for reply and happy racing/bashing to you.

Makes sense!

I have got an EB & ET48 2.0 but purely race for fun so have a couple of Redline 6000mah and a load of Graphene panthers when not at a club.

I have seen when E truggy turn out has been low and they mix in with the nitros they do a Lipo stop haha

Recent Popular Liked

Back