• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What is your LiPo battery of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Everyone has their favorite type of LiPo batteries they run in their RCs. For my I'm a fan of the SMC Racing batteries!

What LiPo batteries do you recommend?

I have been wanting to try SMC batteries but have not yet.

I have had good luck with GForce batteries from valuehobby.com
I don't have anything to compare them with. I started buying them because of the price. Very affordable.
I started with NiMH.

I have 6 Lectron Pros but I would personally recommend Lectron Pros as I also had 4 go bad with two of them within the first 6 months and 16 of the Gens Ace below. I think that there was a glitch on Amazon for them. It was supposed to be 10% off 10+ and 20% off 20+ and my buddy and I bought 28 of them and it gave us both the 10% and the 20% off
So we got them for $18 a piece lol. The next batteries I am going to try will either be SMC or Turnigy Graphenes.

https://www.amazon.com/Gens-ace-HardCase-Associated-Approved/dp/B00WOAWHUK

I have 6 Electron Pros and 16 Gens Ace below. I think that there was a glitch on Amazon for them. It was supposed to be 10% off 10+ and 20% off 20+ and my buddy and I bought 28 of them and it gave us both the 10% and the 20% off
So we got them for $18 a piece lol. The next batteries I am going to try will either be SMC or Turnigy Graphenes.

https://www.amazon.com/Gens-ace-HardCase-Associated-Approved/dp/B00WOAWHUK

Nice deal on them individually, but way to many for me to buy at once. Lol

Always liked the Turnigy or Zippy's. Had very few go bad. But I didn't run very many super high discharge setups.

Another SMC customer here. Blows away the cheapies like turnigy/zippy/gens ace, I used to use them until I found SMC. Hoping to try the new 7200mah soon...
And Castle 6.5mm connectors RULE!

20180408_190240.jpg

Reactions: Hye
I know that there are several lipo battery options for the American (US) market but unfortunately, none of the main online suppliers offer international shipping for lipo batteries due to security restrictions, so I wonder any of you have some experience whit the Asian battery brands that can be found online on sites like aliexpress?

In the UK, the choices are a bit more limited. I have a number of Turnigy batteries and also some Floureon. Nothing expensive.

I have never run anything above 4s. I'm too cheap to buy 6S, not sure I could cope with the breakages! :LOL:

I am curious. I eventually want to run 6s in my kraton. I don’t know what battery to get.
I’m in between a basher and speed runner. Any tips?
I favorite dean connectors and live in Holland

If you are bashing, I say don't go heavy. The 9200 MAH packs weigh a ton. You get killer run times, but if you a running full blast you may have heat issues with the longer run times. I usually just buy whatever is the right price. I've been burned by that method though...almost literally:eek:

I bought 6 turnigy 5000mAh 4s 20C hardase
There is a lot good rates
Will try them soon

All the 6 were very well balanced and I paid 17.50€ for each with free shipping so it's worthing​
Will see​

I know but have seen a sponsored kyosho driver which had those lipo and others very expensive with 65C and he said he prefer the turnigy
I don't know if it's the true C rating but I will try.
On hobbyking many people like this lipo
The max burst is 30C
It's this one but was 17.50€ when I bought them

https://hobbyking.com/fr_fr/turnigy-5000mah-4s1p-14-8v-20c-hardcase-pack.html

I'm running it on the Eb48.3 with Ezrun WP sc8 120A and Tenshock 802 v2
We'll see

I know but have seen a sponsored kyosho driver which had those lipo and others very expensive with 65C and he said he prefer the turnigy
I don't know if it's the true C rating but I will try.
On hobbyking many people like this lipo
The max burst is 30C
It's this one but was 17.50€ when I bought them

https://hobbyking.com/fr_fr/turnigy-5000mah-4s1p-14-8v-20c-hardcase-pack.html

I'm running it on the Eb48.3 with Ezrun WP sc8 120A and Tenshock 802 v2
We'll see
Maybe they will do just fine. I don't know it just seems low to me. Let us know how they perform.

Recent Popular Liked

Back