• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

TBuggy's LCG ET410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
LCG ET410 (Hybrid ET/EB410)

Another scratch build
For this build I wanted to do something experimental for fun. If it doesn’t work out the way intended, oh well, the process will be fun! I had so many spare parts building up, some I bought in bulk when a deal was found, some came with other purchases and then some I did have to buy specific for this build. I could have recycled some parts from other cars but preferred to make this car brand new.

IMG_5103 2.JPG

The reason I am calling it a hybrid is because I am going to basically build an ET410 chassis/drive train but with EB410 towers. I did some comparisons between arms and shock mounting positions between the two models and I think difference can be managed through altering setup a touch.

The build went together as planned. Had a few delays to get a few minor parts that I didn't have. Also added some upgrades to start.
IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5116.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5345.JPG

Body shot;
IMG_5338.JPG

I will post an upgrade/electronics list posted up later. Let me know what you think!?

Thanx!

I do like the looks of the lowered one better. Nice build!

I like the lowered look better myself as well. I have an extra set of buggy shocks that I have on standby just incase I run into shock travel issues with this setup. Someone pointed out to me and it may or may not be an issue that the up travel is less (I knew this going into it) and the shocks may bottom out when the car tries to roll when turning. I will find out once I get it to the track and do some adjustments as needed.

That looks fantastic TBuggy! Good job!

Question for ya, or anyone else for that matter. Will that Exotek steering assembly work on a MT410?

I need to find a cross reference list for what parts will work between the different Tekno models.

Why thank you @devnull !!

No MT is based off 1/8th scale. The EB48.4 steering components can be used though.

I haven't reported back about this build and how it feels on the track....I am loving it! It felt super settled and didn't lack in the corner speed, for me. I did end up breaking an outdrive and have since upgraded to the tougher version.
IMG_5657.JPG

All in all I still have some setup to dial in, but I am liking it so far!

Did you use the buggy shocks for this build or just the towers? Curious to know if this could be a potential method for conversion between the EB and ET. If you were to use the eb shocks, what would be the potential pitfalls?

I ended up sticking with the ET shocks with buggy towers. Down travel with buggy shocks wasn't enough. As it is, its great to drive and just beat my buggy's fast lap on the current layout at the track.

One thing I was thinking of doing to play around with things was to replace the shocks with buggy shock bodies but use the ET shafts with limiters for up travel to keep them from being compressed into the shock cap. Just haven't gotten around to tear apart the shocks yet.

Nice! I’d be interested to know how that works out if you try it. Have you tried out different weights in the shocks since they’re already pretty compressed or left them as stock?

I ended up doing some .2 upgrades to this ET.
IMG_1049.JPG

It now has the 3.5 hinge pins and pills. Updated all of the hinge pin blocks except the "D" since I am running the Exotek steel block, didn't think it was totally needed, but of course none of this is in the grand scheme of things!
IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

Also upgraded the rear tower to the VRP tower with higher optional mounting positions. I also swapped the shock standoffs to the newer updated versions. Also trying this thing with the shocks mounted in front of the tower. Not sure if it will be a good change or not but I have too much time on my hands right now and it gave me a little more time to wrench on things...LOL
IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

And then...I also upgraded the servo.
IMG_1057.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet build, love the velcro body mounts and the attention to detail with the green cs screws..!!?

Have been itching to run this and since the tracks are still not open, I had to get some of these!
IMG_1090.JPG

Now I can tear up the street! Honestly I have no idea if they are any good but they look cool!

I ended up doing some .2 upgrades to this ET.
View attachment 4387

It now has the 3.5 hinge pins and pills. Updated all of the hinge pin blocks except the "D" since I am running the Exotek steel block, didn't think it was totally needed, but of course none of this is in the grand scheme of things!
View attachment 4388

View attachment 4390

Also upgraded the rear tower to the VRP tower with higher optional mounting positions. I also swapped the shock standoffs to the newer updated versions. Also trying this thing with the shocks mounted in front of the tower. Not sure if it will be a good change or not but I have too much time on my hands right now and it gave me a little more time to wrench on things...LOL
View attachment 4391

View attachment 4393

View attachment 4389

And then...I also upgraded the servo.
View attachment 4392
Thats a killer build !!

Love reading through your builds - I always end up with new tips and ideas! Even the smallest of things - the body mounts for instance - velcro instead of the pins. Great idea!
Do you find these hold very well - I assume you can some velcro around the bottom edges of the body attaching to the chassis mud guards too?

Recent Popular Liked

Back