• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

TBuggy's DB410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
TBuggy's DB410

Scratch Build!

The run down;
This whole idea of a Tekno DB has been awesome in my opinion from the beginning! I patiently waited until the time was right and then one day I too would build my own Tekno DB. For this build I did decide to stick with the shorter chassis rather than than the extended truggy chassis. I went this route due to my stock pile of parts and a recent score on a huge lot of parts for super cheap!

For the reasons stated above is why I am calling this a scratch build, there has not been any kit purchased for this build all of the parts were collected over a period of time just sitting and waiting for a chance to become part of something bigger and better than a pit box!

At first I was thinking I was going to build just another SCT with all of these parts. I thought well the SL I had was great too, but then I remembered a thread here on the tekno forums...My inspiration was none other than @Chainsaw10's build https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/chainsaws-sct410-3-turned-db410.109/ . Mine will be similar but of course will have my own spin to it!

I doubt I will be following the manuals in the order they go by. Just going to peck away at it. I also am pretty sure there is still a part or two that I will need (I will figure that out as I go) but in the end there will be something awesome, that I am sure of!

Its starts with this;

Stay tuned for lots to come!

Looking forward to reading more! I like how you organize your spare parts. I’ve been using an old tackle box but it flipped over recently and I was reminded why individual lids would be better ..

I am just waiting on a couple diff couplers to show up and then this project will hit the ground running!

The plan is to build this thing with some more beef than the SCT, so I am using .3 drive line F/C/R as well as .3 arms. The outdrives are all from the NT as they are a little more beefier than the EB. I do have both the 12mm hex and 17mm but haven't decided what wheels to run so not sure which way I will go first. 17mm would be ideal, but have to look into wheel options still. This will be ran on 4s and may become my first actual "basher"! I have no plans on racing this thing that's for sure, this is a build purely for fun!

Got a few projects going on at once but did manage to make a little progress on the DB410's front end. Thats is all I ended up having time for on this one so far. Still have to put together the center and rear diffs. Also incase anyone was wondering I am using the steel cross pins and not the SCT plastic ones.

Installing all aluminum hinge pin braces. Using .3 arms, CVDs, and steering components. Outdrives and diff couplers are all from the NT/NB instead of the ET/EB due them being a touch beefier.

And just incase someone wanted a parts size comparison between the SCT and the EB, here are the spindles/spindle carriers side by side to show the difference.

I knew there was a size difference. But, WOW. That is a huge difference. I’ve only seen the SCT and that’s cause I own one. Never seen a EB or ET in person.
Now I see why they are priced much higher. Thanks for the pic.
Can’t wait to see the final results.

So I managed to get the rear end together. It just doesn't seem right putting tiny little hubs on this thing since it practically is an EB48.3 at this point w/ SCT towers. I like the SCT towers because they are lower and will allow the body I want to mount to fit better.

Here is where we are at so far;

In case someone wanted to know the difference between the standard EB outdrives and the NB. They are almost 1mm bigger OD, inside is the same.

And here are the standard EB outdrives;

Front end is all assembled now. Am having a couple teeth on the front diff that aren't as smooth as they should be when turning, but its only in one little spot. After adjusting it the best I could I am going to live with it and hope it just needs a little breaking in and works itself out after a few runs.

Mounted front and rear end to chassis and installed the center drive line as well.
IMG_5140.JPG

Did go with the aluminum ackerman but it is still the .3 geometry.
IMG_5152.JPG

Motor mount and center drive line.
IMG_5141.JPG

Just realized I had 4 front shock shafts so I got get me some rear shafts before getting the shocks all built. Also realized I didn't have an ESC plate or the servo mounting plate. Luckily I came across someone selling exactly what I needed plus a few extras. Waiting for that stuff to show up as well now. In the mean time I still have to get the side pods installed and then start figuring a way to mount the body (soon to be revealed!).

Stay tuned!

Well I am about as far as I can get with the parts I have. As soon as my shock shafts, servo mounting plate and the ESC plate arrive I will get the rest all buttoned up. I will be doing some test fitting of the body in the meantime and figurer out how I am going to mount it.

IMG_5154.JPG

I had a spare aluminum front skid plate made by Sumo. I fabricated a SS skid for the rear out of some scrap I had. I am contemplating on getting this chassis protector to keep this thing from getting severely scratched. If anyone has experience with this protector and like or disliked it, please let me know your thought about it.
IMG_5150.JPG

Had some shocks built with the stock parts and did a rebuild with delrin inserts and pistons.
IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG

I was going to install some metal shock caps but decided the plastic ones were fine and ready to re-install anyways. When these (if these) wear out I will install the metal caps I have. I did decide to go with the bladder setup rather than my usual go to emulsion. We will see how they are and I may or may not rebuild them again later.
IMG_5289.JPG

I will spare you guys the boring stuff....I have been mocking up the body and the way I am going to mount it for a few days now. I finally settled and have mounted the back end. I still have to fabricate something for the thumbscrews to mount to for the front.
IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

I have mounted all my electronics yet. I am actually still waiting on a servo (it should arrive on monday) and I do want to get the interior body parts eventually to finish off the look.
IMG_5308.JPG

Currently mocking up how I will have the lights installed as well. I may wait to install the green lights because I think I should build some additional support for the cage that mounts to the sides of the side trays. Next month when I can use amain coupon codes again LOL and my points kick in I plan on getting a set of these https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...offset-2-black-m2-pro1184-11/p387125?v=217641 to roll around on.

Some pics of the lighting being mocked up.
IMG_5303.JPG

IMG_5304.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions...nothing is set in stone completely as of yet (except for my electronics LOL). I have a new transmitter on its way too. I plan on handing down my current one to my son, I am upgrading (so is he) and then I have another spare for friends now so I can get more cars out running at once!

Crappy thing about the interior is I cant find it without buying an entire set of body panels, and the entire set is another $50 I would rather spend on something else like a battery. Anyone happen to have an extra interior laying around that I can buy from them? Or maybe just know where I can buy it separately? Thank for any help on that front!

Got all the electronics installed/mounted up, minus the receiver. I have a new one arriving tomorrow hopefully. Then I just realized I need to get another XT90 for the battery leads on the esc so it can work for my current batteries. It still has a deans connection and I switched everything over a while back except for this ESC since it wasn't being used at the time.

Getting so close to the maiden voyage, almost there!

Great thread with good info.
It is fun to have some parts laying around here and there... LOL

So got to play around with my DB a little bit. It works really well for serving drinks and then with a little help from the kids, hauling all our discs back so we can throw them over and over was a blast!
IMG_5658.JPG

A shot from the deck looking down at the lake front where half the party was hanging out. They texted orders and we would send them down.
IMG_5659.JPG

A full load of discs ready to go back up that hill!
IMG_5660.JPG

I just used some velcro straps to hold that basket in place and it actually worked very well.
(y)

I am guessing that’s a Losi SCBE body, what motor and esc are you running?

thanks for that info

Would you be able to weight your current setup?

Recent Popular Liked

Back