• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

TBuggy's EB410.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
So I have had no problem keeping busy these days.

Just built me up a EB410.2 and I must say there are more updates incorporated in this than noticed at first glance!

I built this to to stock setup with some upgraded parts.

Diffs are all the same;
IMG_0936.jpg

The hinge pins have all been updated. At first glance you think they are the same and nothing changed but when you hold them up to the old ones the differences are obvious!
IMG_0938.JPG

The new ones are way thicker.
IMG_0939.JPG

The rear arms have had updates to them.
(.2 arms are the ones on the top of pick and still connected by parts tree)
IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

The rear hubs are another obvious update;

Old vs new. The new rear hubs have a few more tuning options now.
IMG_0951.JPG

This was a very similar to the original EB410. I did add some upgrades from the start while building this kit.

Installed the Tekno aluminum steering rack with Exotek steering arms.
IMG_0943.JPG

There was a small but very helpful update on the steering posts. You can now use a hex driver to install them instead of a nut driver you had to use before that made things difficult to line up perfectly.
IMG_0945.JPG

Nothing changed on the rear bulkhead other than the new Tekno "forward mount" sway bar mount. No more aftermarket or 3d printed parts needed for this mod now!
IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

The .2 has new updated hinge pins and inserts. They are now a beefy 3.5mm instead of the old 3mm. It will be easy to tell what inserts are what if you are running both vehicles since the new ones are a light grey now.
IMG_0949.JPG

The EB410.2 now has 15 degree front spindle carriers
IMG_0956.JPG

I am going with the carbon center plate with top mounted fan for this build. Also using the Exotek center diff mount.
IMG_0960.JPG

I have confirmed (in case anyone was wondering) that all of the old carbon towers are still compatible with the new .2, both ones with and or without the camber link holes will work. If you want to use the carbon towers with built in camber holes then you need to use the "mystery" supplied spacer that is in the kit.
IMG_0959.JPG

Rear wing mount has been beefed up. Honestly I hope this does not equate to more broken rear bulk heads. It does have the new aluminum camber plate that acts as extras support though similar to the front one that now has incorporated hole that screw into the bulk head similar to the after markets ones made by Exotek and Trinity.

I also opted to use a 5mm carbon fiber wing riser instead of the supplied plastic riser.
IMG_0983.JPG

The new front camber plate also has a new set of holes now for additional tuning.
IMG_0981.JPG

Last edited:
One thing I noticed when mounting up the shocks is the angle when they are in front of the tower. They are slanted towards the back and not as squared up with the arms as I would like to see. I opted to add 2mm of spacer between the shock mounts and the rear tower. This bumped them forward a touch to make them more perpendicular with the arms. It also created more space for the nut driver itself now to actually get to the nut without making up the shock caps.
IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

Pic of the electronics all mounted up.

Protek 160t for servo;
IMG_0979.JPG

Using the gen1 HW XR10 pro ESC paired with an Orion 5.5t Ultimate Mod motor. This one will be a beast!
IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

The front to back angle of the rear shocks is on purpose and is a noticeable change you can test. Run the car with the spacers you have installed and then run it again with them removed. We did this to the rear shocks on the 2.0 line of 8th scale buggies as well. The 8th scale uses standoffs that are 4mm longer on the rear than the ones on the front (the shocks are rear mounted of course on the 8th scale).

Last edited:
The front to back angle of the rear shocks is on purpose and is a noticeable change you can test. Run the car with the spacers you have installed and then run it again with them removed. We did this the rear shocks on the 2.0 line of 8th scale buggies as well. The 8th scale uses standoffs that are 4mm longer on the rear than the ones on the front (the shocks are rear mounted of course on the 8th scale).

Well good to know it was a thought out change. I will take your advice and compare the differences for sure!

Your advice and tips are always appreciated, thank you!

Another great build log!

Didn't you also just get the EB48 2.0?

Thank you and Yes I did get the EB48 2.0 as well. :giggle:

lol - lucky you!!!
If you actually race then it makes sense I guess - I wish there were some tracks near me that i could go to!

lol - lucky you!!!
If you actually race then it makes sense I guess - I wish there were some tracks near me that i could go to!

There is an outdoor track 5-10min from my house. It isn't a regulated track and is ran and maintained by volunteers of the community. Mostly a bunch a guys just having fun racing each other. There is an outdoor on-road track right next to it as well...super excited to get back on there also, now that the weather is starting to take a turn for the better. It has been nice out but pretty wet recently. The on-road track will have big events in the summer.

The clay track that I would run at is closed currently due to the recent quarantine scenario. It is also 40 min away in a direction I have no reason to travel otherwise, so its not as convenient to go to all as much as I would like.

Recent Popular Liked

Back