• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tbuggy's on-road EB48SL project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
So this year I have been bitten by the 1/10 on-road bug and now decided to build a tekno on-road car. I have been looking at different 1/8 GT cars and decided that since they are almost all based off of a buggy counter part it could probably be possible to make it happen with a Tekno.

For now I am building it mostly as a stock EB48SL with the exception of carbon towers, .4 steering geometry w/carbon ackerman plate, aluminum center diff mount, bearing sleeves (on F,C and R diffs). I have front towers in both front and rear. The rear has front shock bodies built with rear shock shafts so I can get the down travel needed. I am not worried about the longer shafts since this thing will never see a jump, plus the chassis definitely bottoms out still before the shocks even come close to being fully compressed.

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

What makes this go;
ESC-Hobbywing XR8 plus
Motor-Hobbywing 4268 2600kv
IMG_1727.JPG

What makes this turn;
Servo- Protek 130 t
IMG_1721.JPG

It's all powered by 4s lipo. I will be starting off with a 16t pinion. I am not trying to make a speed runner (although it could end up as one, one day). I really don't have an 1/8 on-road track around me but figured this could be my street basher! I do have a 1/10 scale on-road track that I will definitely try this thing on but it may be too small to get the real feel of what 1/8 on road is really like!

Running some GRP tires/wheels and may end up getting some foams too, but these will get me rolling. Running the SL 17mm extended hubs. Let me tell you these things were insanely out of balanced when I first put them on, but after some balancing I got them to spin pretty nicely in the end.
IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

I will end up trying to find someone/somewhere to fab me up a custom chassis, a carbon fiber or an aluminum one, without the kick up in the front. For now I will run it like it is using the pills to reduce the kick up as much as possible for now. I also will be figuring out some custom shock towers in the near future, so I can run some other manufacturers shocks that are more appropriate for a lower CG, and will figure out a bumper mount eventually.

Stay tuned for the future updates and the body reveal!

Last edited:
If I were to get back into GT8, I would definitely go with the shock package from Serpent and cut some custom towers, not sure it will be necessary to eliminate the kick up, but I'd definitely lock the front and center diffs for sure!

looking nice so far!

As far as shock packages I was looking at the shocks from the 988. Once I do get those I will be able to figure out shock tower dimensions.

Right now to start as far as diffs go I have;
F-500k
C-500k
R-60k

I may up the center diff and maybe the front to 1 mill, but it wasn't in stock last I checked at my LHS and figured 500k would be good place to start. Next time I head there I will check again. I haven't been in a rush for this build so I am being patient.

Recent Popular Liked

Back